Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #31
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I think it's an error to keep the comma in the lastname.
I made a simple fix and submitted it as Ticket #4620. It splits the author's name at a comma, if there is one (with swap checkbox selected) and otherwise splits at the first space instead of the last space to deal with middle names and initials.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #32
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Nice!

Hope it's accepted.

m a r
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #33
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
Nice!
Hope it's accepted.
According to bug tracker it will be in the next release. It's a trivial change, and, I suspect it takes Kovid longer to look at the proposed change and make sure I haven't buggered up his code than to do it himself. Nonetheless, it's nice to feel like I've made a tiny contribution. Plus, it does address a problem that was bothering me.

Now I'm off to read some more on Python. There's this other tiny issue that bugs me ...
Old 05-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #34
melvin
melvin began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Calibre - ebook import Metadata - publisher, date

Hi there,

I've just started to use Calibre and so far, I think I like it. Many thanks to Kovind for the wonderful work.

My pdf ebook/document collection was formatted as title - author - publisher - date - series.pdf.

I failed to locate any help in the forum on how to import the publisher and date into the metadata. I was wondering if any person can help on this matter. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #35
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin View Post
I failed to locate any help in the forum on how to import the publisher and date into the metadata.
If they work, they'd be like this:
publisher: ?P<publisher>
published date: ?P<pubdate>
entered date: ?P<timestamp>

I've never tried any of those, and they aren't in the regex test, so they may not work. If they don't, put in an enhancement request.
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 02:04 AM   #36
vinco
vinco began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I need to come up with a regex to detect and remove page numbers from the bottom of PDF pages to convert to Epub for nook usage. The page numbers translate over as bolded, with a paragraph break after them. The HTML code I'd like to remove is (page numbers indicated below by ###)

<b>Page ###</b></p><p>

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #37
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinco View Post
I need to come up with a regex to detect and remove page numbers from the bottom of PDF pages to convert to Epub for nook usage. The page numbers translate over as bolded, with a paragraph break after them. The HTML code I'd like to remove is (page numbers indicated below by ###)

<b>Page ###</b></p><p>

Thanks for the help.
Try this:
Code:
<b>Page /d+.*<p>
Old 05-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #38
vinco

Code:
<b>Page /d+.*<p>
Does not seem to work. A straight
Code:
<b>Page 1</b></p><p>
seems to work, but obviously only catches the first page. Apologies for my complete lack of experience with RegEx's
Old 05-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #39
tonyx3
Connoisseur
tonyx3 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus One
It's a bit messier than Starson17's solution, but if that's not working, try this:

Code:
<b>Page [0-9]{1,3}</b></p><p>
Basically, just copy an example of the part you want to match, then replace the actual digits with [0-9] (or /d, like Starson used, but you said it didn't work), and then use the squiggly brackets to set the minimum and maximum number of digits in a row (I assumed no more than 999 pages).

But Starson17's regex should have matched.. make sure all the tags surrounding the page number are correct. Maybe copy/paste an actual example, and then replace the middle of it with the regex, to be sure you didn't miss a space or something.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:47 PM   #40
darkmonk
Connoisseur
darkmonk began at the beginning.

Device: none
<b>Page [0-9]{1,4}</b></p><p>

Should remove it. Of course, this may not work from calibre. I use sigil to remove those sorts of things.

Last edited by darkmonk; 05-24-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: edit: I see this is pointless, as I was beaten by two minutes.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:34 PM   #41
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@vinco

you need a backslash not a forward slash in

<b>Page /d+.*<p>
Old 05-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #42
vinco

Still confused.

Code:
<b>Page  \d+</b></p><p>
ended up working perfectly in the test, but when I set that as the footer to remove in calibre, the converted epub still contains the page numbers.

I'm converting from a PDF, to EPUB.

A sample of the XML generated from the PDF is below.

Code:
     Since nothing material was destroyed when the Eddorians were forced into the next plane of existence, their historical records also have become available. Those records-folios and tapes and playable discs of platinum alloy, resistant indefinitely even to Eddore's noxious atmosphere agree with those of the Arisians upon this point. Immediately before the Coalescence began there was one, and only <b>Page  1</b></p><p>
one, planetary solar system in the Second Galaxy; and, until the advent of Eddore, the Second Galaxy was entirely devoid of intelligent life. </p><p>

Last edited by vinco; 05-25-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #43
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
you need a backslash not a forward slash in

<b>Page /d+.*<p>
Old 05-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #44
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinco View Post
Code:
<b>Page  \d+</b></p><p>
ended up working perfectly in the test, but when I set that as the footer to remove in calibre, the converted epub still contains the page numbers.
With apologies in advance for asking, did you remember to check the 'Remove footer' checkbox?

In your example, there are two spaces between 'Page' and '1'. If that is an accurate copy, then you need to match more than 1 space there. Try
Code:
<b>Page +\d+</b></p><p>
If that doesn't work, then it wouldn't surprise me if there are newlines buried in the middle of the the text you are trying to match. Try
Code:
<b>\s*Page +\d+\s*</b>\s*</p>\s*<p>
Old 05-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #45
rocketgranny
rocketgranny is on a distinguished road

Guys,
Name Changer is a great tool for fixing filenames in a directory before you import into Calibre. Works on a Mac.
Closed Thread

Tags
regex, regular expressions