Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 06-10-2017, 08:51 PM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
The Kindle First books this month all seem to have a $1.99 price for the accompanying audiobook, and I've picked up some other audiobooks for $1.99 after borrowing the KU book.
The Kindle for Samsung accompanying audiobooks also have $1.99 pricing.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:39 PM   #32
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Yes. There still seem to be a few around with $1.99 pricing. I certainly hope this does continue.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2017, 10:29 PM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
The Kindle First books this month all seem to have a $1.99 price for the accompanying audiobook, and I've picked up some other audiobooks for $1.99 after borrowing the KU book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The Kindle for Samsung accompanying audiobooks also have $1.99 pricing.
All of which are titles where both the book and audio are published by an Amazon company which may have something to do with it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
All of which are titles where both the book and audio are published by an Amazon company which may have something to do with it.
I'm sure it does.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:17 AM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Another source for inexpensive audiobooks is Audible's Daily Deal. They generally range in price from $2 to $5 each.
Advert
Old 06-11-2017, 09:13 PM   #36
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
I've seen quite a few articles about how audiobooks have taken off and are now a much larger segment of the market. It would be foolish for Amazon/Audible to not take advantage of increasing demand by raising prices. Though it certainly does hurt us longer-term listeners. 😕
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:22 PM   #37
darthyoda6
Connoisseur
darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen, Kindle 7th Gen
I've had a bunch that jumped up to 7.49, only one of them I had though about buying at 1.99 but didn't get around to it. Just bought 4 books that were still at $1.99.
darthyoda6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:00 AM   #38
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthyoda6 View Post
I've had a bunch that jumped up to 7.49, only one of them I had though about buying at 1.99 but didn't get around to it. Just bought 4 books that were still at $1.99.
I just came across one where the audiobook was $1.99 but is now $7.49.

Amazon/Audible. If you are monitoring this thread please note that I would have bought it as $1.99. I did not and will not at $7.49.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:24 AM   #39
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
They've screwed up the WL sorting on Android apps now, too. No more sorting "low to high" or "items with price drops". There is a sort "high to low" but it doesn't work. Phooey! I used to look through my WLs every day. Now I don't need to even bother going to Amazon at all.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:54 AM   #40
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Another source for inexpensive audiobooks is Audible's Daily Deal. They generally range in price from $2 to $5 each.
I get those emailed to me everyday. It's been a very long time since I saw a title that tempted me to buy.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:17 AM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
I get those emailed to me everyday. It's been a very long time since I saw a title that tempted me to buy.
I hear ya, I rarely get tempted by the selections offered.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #42
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I had picked up a bunch of $1.99 WSV titles when the prices were in the midst of going up, but not some on my radar that were $3.99. And now those $3.99 titles have gone up to $7.49. Really, it's just too much.

As far as the daily deals go, either I have zero interest (e.g., all the SF/fantasy and self-help titles), or I've already read the book on offer.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:04 AM   #43
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I had picked up a bunch of $1.99 WSV titles when the prices were in the midst of going up, but not some on my radar that were $3.99. And now those $3.99 titles have gone up to $7.49. Really, it's just too much.

As far as the daily deals go, either I have zero interest (e.g., all the SF/fantasy and self-help titles), or I've already read the book on offer.
Someone at Amazon doesn't want you to buy any more WfV titles. They're using your purchase/listening history to generate the offers.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #44
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
In years of monitoring the Daily Deals, I've bought maybe three. They are not to my taste at all. Audible U.K., however, frequently has books on the Daily Deal that I'd get if I could.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:55 AM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
In years of monitoring the Daily Deals, I've bought maybe three. They are not to my taste at all. Audible U.K., however, frequently has books on the Daily Deal that I'd get if I could.
Are you encountering geo-restrictions on the books you want?