Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-14-2017, 05:16 PM   #31
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Clara,Clara Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I've seen my share of cheap generic USB chargers stop working after a while.
Never saw one physically break apart.
I've had one that did that but why would a company recall the main product simply because the charger was duff? Was the charger fitted with one of the stupid nook connectors like the HD+?
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #32
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I've had one that did that but why would a company recall the main product simply because the charger was duff?
I would assume that the recall for devices already sold will just be a replacement for the charger. If the charger is actually physically falling apart (rather than just failing and no longer working) that's pretty high risk for someone to get electrocuted or at least electrical burns when trying to unplug it. To me that's a really good reason to stop selling it immediately. That's their best way to make sure none get to new customers with faulty charger which would expose them to a whole other level of legal liability. But I'm surprised they didn't also put out some sort of press release for those who have one so they would stop using the charger immediately.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2017, 08:46 PM   #33
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I think it's becoming obvious that B&N sees it as it's mission in life to entertain us in a slapstick sort of way. Good for them. It's nice to see a corporation whose goal isn't just to make money.

Unfortunately I never really enjoyed slapstick all that much but many do.

Barry
I like slapstick.
But the Nook show stopped being funny a long time ago.
It's more tragedy by now.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #34
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I never thought slapstick was all that funny either. But what they're doing is classic slapstick. Each step is a pratfall. Little by little it's become obvious that that's their intent.

Of course you're right, though, that, like all good comedy, there's an element of tragedy. People laugh when someone slips on a banana peel or a tablet.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:33 PM   #35
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I like slapstick.
But the Nook show stopped being funny a long time ago.
It's more tragedy by now.
Comedy is tragedy that happens to other people.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2017, 05:41 PM   #36
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Comedy is tragedy that happens to other people.
Especially Nook buyers. I guess they'll have to cook the books in their restaurants now.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote