Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-05-2016, 08:29 PM   #31
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Not booklover, but I have KU also. For me it puts the magazine under my KU subscription. Although I have a drop down for prime reading along with KU, it shows nothing. So I had to return a KU title first before allowing me to get the magazine. I had 10 KU titles checked out. So KU overwrites the prime reading, I do not get any extra borrows. Guess there wouldn't be any point to it.
From an infrastructure perspective, it would seem Prime members get a limited KU subscription. Regular KU subscribers have the full deal, so that trumps the limited prime subscription.

But it seems they are the same thing to the computers at Amazon, just that some subscribers have more restrictions than other subscribers.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:51 PM   #32
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
This finally pushed me into cancelling KU. I've been thinking for the last few months that I should cancel. Between public library Overdrive access, my favorite ku author no longer releasing his new titles in ku, a huge TBR list, this is a good enough substitute that I don't think I'll miss KU.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2016, 09:58 PM   #33
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
One bit of added info: books in PR will be featured for 90 days.
So there will be a rotation of books as well as magazines and comics.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:08 AM   #34
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
And it works with Kindle for PC.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:30 AM   #35
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
And it works with Kindle for PC.
But apparently not for magazines?

I'm on an older version of Kindle for PC and it doesn't work for magazines; does the latest version of Kindle for PC work with magazines?
Advert
Old 10-06-2016, 08:01 AM   #36
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
does the latest version of Kindle for PC work with magazines?
Kindle for PC is not allowed as a delivery choice for these magazines and they do not appear in the library view within the program.

I am running the latest version of Kindle for PC. (1.17.1)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:18 AM   #37
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Another new thing....since the advent of P/R....I have a book with audible combo checked out, it's showing as 2 separate checkouts, instead of just one.

ETA - depending on the view. Your Kindle Unlimited is a different view than Manage Your Content and Devices. Depending on what view I choose, I have either 8 or 11 items checked out. And my Fire says I have 9.

I don't need any more confusion in my life LOL!

Last edited by booklover6; 10-06-2016 at 08:37 AM.
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #38
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I can't read Calvin and Hobbes on PC. It shows up in the library but when I open it, it says not available for this device. Huh.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I can't read Calvin and Hobbes on PC. It shows up in the library but when I open it, it says not available for this device. Huh.
It doesn't work on computers:

Quote:
Members can start reading now by downloading the Kindle app for iOS and Android or using any Kindle or Fire tablet.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:00 PM   #40
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It doesn't work on computers:
I was able to open a book and a comic (using Kindle for PC).
Old 10-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #41
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Looking at the page for The Essential Calvin and Hobbes K4PC isn't listed under "Available on these devices" (it's also not available on eInk Kindles). Some titles, especially ones that use some form of fixed format, aren't always available on all devices.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:17 AM   #42
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
You can open it in the Cloud Reader, but unfortunately, all of the panels are sideways.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:59 PM   #43
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I was able to open a book and a comic (using Kindle for PC).
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
You can open it in the Cloud Reader, but unfortunately, all of the panels are sideways.

Shari
Thanks - I stand corrected.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:19 PM   #44
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Thanks. Is this only for the primary Prime member? I'm on my wife's membership, and I don't see the "read free with Prime" button option.
Yes, only the primary Prime member. As a secondary member, you can get Kindle Owners' Lending Library (still only 1 book per month per Prime membership), but apparently not this. I'm on my husband's membership.

Can you share Prime Reading (Or Kindle Unlimited?) books with Family Library?
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:33 PM   #45
LitaVore
Wasteland Deadmeat
LitaVore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook
I love that they're going to a bigger base for lending to Prime users and all but's really redundant for KU users. Nice for those who don't have it tho. I just don't see why they don't open up KU for Prime but with a book limit per month, just like the lending library has a one per month limit.
LitaVore is offline   Reply With Quote