Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-23-2008, 07:05 PM   #31
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyE View Post
One negative, though, is the size. My PRS 500 fits into even very small purses.
I used that as an excuse to buy a new handbag.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #32
BettyE
Connoisseur
BettyE doesn't litterBettyE doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook / Sony PRS-500 / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Well keep us posted, I would love to know your decision.

JJ

JJ - Now that Sony announced a firmware upgrade for the PRS 505, but not for the PRS 500, I am keeping the Kindle. This is the 2nd time Sony has abandoned me (first was the Clie PDA).

Betty
BettyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #33
BettyE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I used that as an excuse to buy a new handbag.
Good idea, Alisa! My husband thanks you for your suggestion.

Betty
Old 07-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #34
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
JJ - Now that Sony announced a firmware upgrade for the PRS 505, but not for the PRS 500, I am keeping the Kindle. This is the 2nd time Sony has abandoned me (first was the Clie PDA).

Betty
I know how you feel, I have had that happen on a few occasions with different technologies that I have purchased. However unlike your situation I do not have a reader at this time, This announcement from Sony leads me to believe that they are making an honest effort to stay with it. And they didnt abandon the 500 I believe it was an internal memory issue that would not allow the update to the 500. But I know you will enjoy your Kindle I have yet to meet anyone that disliked it. With the exception of a few that had unreasonable expectations from the beginning. I wish I could have both. Maybe a Sony for my birthday and a Kindle for Christmas??? Again glad you are happy and enjoying the books which is all that matters.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:14 PM   #35
BettyE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
I know how you feel, I have had that happen on a few occasions with different technologies that I have purchased. However unlike your situation I do not have a reader at this time, This announcement from Sony leads me to believe that they are making an honest effort to stay with it. And they didnt abandon the 500 I believe it was an internal memory issue that would not allow the update to the 500. But I know you will enjoy your Kindle I have yet to meet anyone that disliked it. With the exception of a few that had unreasonable expectations from the beginning. I wish I could have both. Maybe a Sony for my birthday and a Kindle for Christmas??? Again glad you are happy and enjoying the books which is all that matters.

JJ

JJ - Somone on the Sony forum suggested that Sony offer a trade-in. I actually could possibly go for that and would keep the Kindle, too, considering all I would be saving.

Betty
Advert
Old 07-26-2008, 06:33 PM   #36
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:

Betty
Betty - I feel your pain. I went through two Clies, loved them better than the Palms but it really disappointed me when Sony abandoned them. My Sony camera is in Sony repairland (for the second time, they didn't fix the LCD the first time) through no fault of my own and I hope to see it by Halloween. My home entertainment system ate DVDs and had to be replaced. My DH's Sony laptop was overpriced and filled with so much bloatware. I've been seriously tempted by the 505 since it supports DE but no, I'll stick with their TVs and look elsewhere for my electronics.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote