Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #31
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
A couple Random House historical titles on sale for $0.99

A Most Devilish Rogue by Ashlyn Macnamara
Kindle | Kobo

Quote:
Fans who adore Julia Quinn, Eloisa James, and Sabrina Jeffries will savor Ashlyn Macnamara’s sensual new novel, which proves that two hearts are better than one.

Years ago, when Isabelle Mears was still a young miss too infatuated to know better, she surrendered her innocence to a dishonorable man. Though ruined and cast out from society, she has worked hard to shelter her illegitimate son, Jack. Having sworn off men in her quiet but dignified life, Isabelle is unprepared for the deep longing that rips through her when a handsome stranger rescues her rambunctious six-year-old from the pounding ocean surf.

George Upperton is a man in trouble with debts, women, and a meddling family. He is, by all accounts, the last gentleman on earth Isabelle should be drawn to. But loneliness is a hard mistress, and caution gives way to desire . . . even though Isabelle is convinced that happiness can’t be found in the arms of such a devilish rogue. Only when Jack is kidnapped does Isabelle discover the true depth of George’s devotion—and how far a good man will go to fight for the woman whose love is all that matters.
Devil's Mistress by Heather Graham
Kindle | Kobo

Quote:
HE IS A MAN POSSESSED—BY A WOMAN WHOSE BEAUTY DRIVES MEN TO MADNESS.

If there was ever a devil who could lure and seduce the innocent, Lord Sloan Treveryan is that man. Captain of the Sea Hawk and bound to the king’s business, Treveryan may be a lord but he is no gentleman. Yet even he cannot ignore a lady in distress—or the temptation she provides.

Bewitched by Brianna MacCardle’s beauty, Scottish inquisitors have called her the devil’s own. Though Treveryan saves her from the witch-hunter’s clutches, how can she be grateful? He has carried Brianna off to America, claimed her, and taken her innocence. She vows that he will never capture her heart. But against her will she begins to fall in love—while swearing to reap revenge against the arrogant lord who has made her the devil’s mistress.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #32
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
It took me a while, but I found a few books to use that big coupon on! And another not-fantastic reading week (two weeks actually)... but turned that around with Rock Chick (so funny!) - so of course couldn't resist picking up the rest of the series for $0.54 each!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mar02_14.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	119799   Click image for larger version

Name:	mar02_14_read.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	119800  
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #33
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
You had to mention Rock Chick? I had forgotten that series and have wanted to try it because everyone has raved about it so much. If I don't like them I'm only spending 53 cents each. And I was doing so good about not buying anything.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
It took me a while, but I found a few books to use that big coupon on! And another not-fantastic reading week (two weeks actually)... but turned that around with Rock Chick (so funny!) - so of course couldn't resist picking up the rest of the series for $0.54 each!
I love the Rock Chick books except the last one. I think KA lost the flavor of the series by waiting too long to write the last book. Ally is just irritating when she was so cool in the other books. I will finish it someday. I also miss the humor of the first books. The later books are more serious and have a different charm.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #35
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I bought all 8 Rock Chick books, plus 5 others, for a grand total of $7.26. Not bad, I guess. At least my husband doesn't know, since I used my paypal account that I put money in from Swagbucks, Ibotta and an opinion poll site. It wouldn't be the amount of money, but the number of books. LOL (It's a mixed marriage. He hates to read and doesn't understand why I like it. )
Advert
Old 03-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
Well, I bought all 8 Rock Chick books, plus 5 others, for a grand total of $7.26. Not bad, I guess. At least my husband doesn't know, since I used my paypal account that I put money in from Swagbucks, Ibotta and an opinion poll site. It wouldn't be the amount of money, but the number of books. LOL (It's a mixed marriage. He hates to read and doesn't understand why I like it. )
Yeah mine is the same. After I found Swagbucks that stop him from saying anymore. I buy my books with my own money now. Now he complains about Swagbucks. lol I'm not pulling in as much time as I did for Christmas but I make more then he ever gave me for books. So I can buy what I want now and he can't say anything.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #37
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Oh, I have all of them converted from when they were first purchased. The MS Reader no longer works on the DRM'd versions and I didn't bother reinstalling the converter the last time I had to reformat my computer.

Hence the reason it was probablly silly. I let the 50¢ to 77¢ couponed price blind me
Ah, okay, I just wanted to make sure you knew your options!
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:32 AM   #38
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yeah mine is the same. After I found Swagbucks that stop him from saying anymore. I buy my books with my own money now. Now he complains about Swagbucks. lol I'm not pulling in as much time as I did for Christmas but I make more then he ever gave me for books. So I can buy what I want now and he can't say anything.
I do Swagbucks too. Because of it, I've never had so much money to buy books before and there's more amazon gift cards on the way! Though, I am taking a break from it to just enjoy the books I bought, instead of Swagbucking all the time. I got burned out after making the goal(s) everyday last month. I really have enough to read already. Or so I keep telling myself.

Last edited by PurpleStar; 03-03-2014 at 12:35 AM.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:55 AM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I do Swagbucks too. Because of it, I've never had so much money to buy books before and there's more amazon gift cards on the way! Though, I am taking a break from it to just enjoy the books I bought, instead of Swagbucking all the time. I got burned out after making the goal(s) everyday last month. I really have enough to read already. Or so I keep telling myself.
I only try to make the blue goal but have my own personal goal I maybe make red goal half of the time. I employ Bing Rewards and Plink and Viewpoints to help and of course the mobile apps. I try to make $3 a day but don't really push myself. Last year it was $6-$8 a day but that was 40 hours spent a week and not worth it. Now I will spend no more than a few hours on it a day and it keeps me from burning out.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:29 AM   #40
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Please - no recommendations today, I don't trust myself with the still lingering 90% coupon working. I have purchased books till I can't purchase anymore (that's a lie). I am happy that I was able to fill a lot of gaps that I had in some of my series.

I still have a large wish list (a lot of the books were not couponable) but I made a big dent in it this weekend. It would take 2 pages to list what I bought so I will forgo and just say it was a lot.
I agree with you. I was very, very bad. The tax refund came and was primed to spend some on my wish list. Then the coupon fairy came and I went on a spree. I will say that I bought 9 books at ARe and got a free code, before the coupon came. I will say that the coupon worked on the Maggie Shayne bundle we talked about. The first one was free and I looked up the second one which was 17.39. It was my first purchased for less than 2.00. If you want to know, the bundle contains Twilight Hunter, Embrace the Twilight, Run From Twilight, Edge of Twilight, Blue Twilight, and Prince of Twilight.

Auntykatkat

again for the coupon fairy
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:36 AM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Eve hitting Roarke is addressed in several in the books. It doesn't bother me at all in rereads. Also, the mysteries do vary. Sometimes we get the killer's POV, sometimes we know who the killer is from the get go and it's more a procedural-type of book as to how Eve & co catch them. But some are a guessing game. I think many of the later books do have better mysteries than the earlier ones.

I am wondering what you will think of this in the end. I won't say any more until you've had a chance to finish.
Oh good! I guess I wasn't the only reader who spoke out saying she shouldn't hit him so Nora had to address it. Now I have something to look forward to. I do hope the mystery get more of guessing game. I have read better in Romantic suspense books and I haven't really read police procedural books at all though I have watched pretty much through the years plenty of them through the years.

I just finished Cry No More. 4.5 stars for me. I think it was very well done very realistic not really a romance more heavy on the suspense. I figured out what was going to happen before it did so it was kind of predictable for me. I can't say it was an ugly cry book for me. I just didn't connect emotionally to it. I did get a little teary eye when she went to Chicago. I really like Diaz he reminds me so much of Ranger's personality in alot of ways. I think I just like reading romance where the hero is a bounty hunter. There isn't too many out there that I have found though.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:44 AM   #42
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
(It's a mixed marriage. He hates to read and doesn't understand why I like it. )
Mixed marriage LOL

Mine humors me....only because (a) since he retired my income is more than his and (b) he has his own interests / hobbies I have no desire to participate in.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:34 AM   #43
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
I got 21 with the coupon, mostly Stephani Hecht stories. I spent $9.31. I may have to get a few more, later, if the coupon is still good.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:50 AM   #44
mrscoach
Guru

Well, the code still works.

I really need to stay away from this thread, since I had missed that second Maggie Shayne Bundle and just HAD to go buy it while I could get 90% off. I had already bought the twins' book yesterday and have read almost all the stories in this bundle, but wanted it anyway.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #45
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I only try to make the blue goal but have my own personal goal I maybe make red goal half of the time. I employ Bing Rewards and Plink and Viewpoints to help and of course the mobile apps. I try to make $3 a day but don't really push myself. Last year it was $6-$8 a day but that was 40 hours spent a week and not worth it. Now I will spend no more than a few hours on it a day and it keeps me from burning out.
I was only trying for the first goal, but then some days I got lucky with a survey and made the second goal too. Most days though, I could only do swagbucks tv and searches, since we Canadians don't get as much to do. That was tedious. I wonder how much bonus swagbucks I will get tomorrow. Of course I'll order more amazon cards.

Back on the subject of romance books...I have been getting into the Harlequin romances and quite enjoy them. I really must read the In Death series as well, but there's so many of them. I did get Nora Robers' Dark Witch, though, the first in her latest trilogy. Have not read her books in a few years though, so we'll see how I like it.

Last edited by PurpleStar; 03-03-2014 at 10:08 AM.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote