Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you carry your (eInk or LCD) eReader everywhere?
Yes, it's my security blanket. I have bought purses/jackets/clothing around my need to carry it at all times. 87 32.58%
Yes. Well, most of the time. I'm not as obsessive as the people in Option 1. 89 33.33%
About 50/50 for me. The people in Option 1 and 2 are pretty extreme. I like pina coladas. 39 14.61%
Not really. I didn't vote in Option 3 because I thought it sounded kind of sanctimonious. 34 12.73%
No, I keep my eReader at home, often in a locked safe. If I don't take the wrapper off, it will accrue in value. 9 3.37%
Dear madam, these poll options are dreadful, and additionally I have a kipper in my ear. 19 7.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #31
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Option 3 for me but actually I prefer Mojitos and before I drink too many of them I need to make sure my ereader is in a safe place so it doesn't get broken or lost. If I'm not planning on drinking Mojitos then my ereader will most likely be with me.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #32
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I carry it around so often that I may as well have it surgically implanted.
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #33
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I voted option two. I always carry it wiyh me, because it is always in my hand-bag. But I'm not obsessive about it. I won't turn around when I discover I forgot it or something.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #34
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
My Nook STR is small enough that I can carry it in a pocket, so often times if I'm shopping with my wife and know that I'll be standing around for a few minutes, I bring it.

However, I will also sometimes read on my iPod touch, which is ALWAYS with me, so I guess you could say I always carry my ereader with me.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #35
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
I carry it around so often that I may as well have it surgically implanted.

So true. I have often said that to people also. My husband also says that it will have to be pried out of my cold dead hands. I am so bad that when people do not see my Kindle, they ask me, "Where's your other appendage?"
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #36
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
always good to have my ereader with me for the unexpected times of waiting (for whatever)
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I carry mine with me if I think I'll have the opportunity to do some reading.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #38
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
My T1 lives in my workcase.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #39
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
If I am going to the grocery store, then no, not usually. Most every place else, yes. And yes, I judge purses by how many inside compartments they have (I hate everything just thrown in together in one huge compartment) and if they are big enough to hold my Kindle.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #40
temetka
Enthusiast
temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1st Gen.
I carry my Nook Color with me almost everywhere I go. But I think I will be getting an e-ink based devices soon. Maybe a kindle just so I can see what they are all about, maybe a nook simple touch. The color is an awesome device, but I think it offers too many distractions when sometimes I simply want to read.
temetka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #41
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by temetka View Post
I carry my Nook Color with me almost everywhere I go. But I think I will be getting an e-ink based devices soon. Maybe a kindle just so I can see what they are all about, maybe a nook simple touch. The color is an awesome device, but I think it offers too many distractions when sometimes I simply want to read.
If you want to read, then read. Blaming the device for providing distractions is missing the point
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #42
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I had to go with option #1, because I bought a Vera Bradley bag just to carry my Pocket eDGe! Since my shopping list is on the tablet side, I pretty much never leave it at home, even if I doubt I'll have time to read -- you never really know though, do you?

I also do take it from room to room with me.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #43
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineNH View Post
I take it with me *everywhere*, and frequently room to room in the house. The only place it doesn't go is in the barn; there's no way to read while I'm feeding the chickens and sheep. Otherwise it's in my hand or in my bag (with my knitting, which also accompanies me everywhere; I always have socks-in-progress). Now I just need the perfect stand for my Kindle Fire, that will let me read in portrait mode, hands-free, while I knit!
Here's the tablet stand I use most often -- cheap, easy, doesn't slide around too much, and stays put in the configuration I give it: http://www.cyberguys.com/product-det...roductid=48238

Got to have hands-free reading!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #44
Anabana
Zealot
Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire 7" & 10"; 11"(?)-12" Lenovo laptop
I chose option 2 and it's so true. Since I live wa-a-ay out-of-town, even a trip to the grocery store requires my ereader - after all - hiway construction or auto accidents cause delays. A flat tire means waiting for AAA to show up. Hey, the guys I dated in HS always said, "be prepared", but I'm not sure they were Boy Scouts...
Anabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #45
brontus
Enthusiast
brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, Kindle Fire, Aldiko on LG Optimus Elite
Generally speaking, no. It spends most of it's time in the living room (where I do most of my reading), however, if I know/think I'm going to have a bunch of time with nothing better to do while out, such as my twice-weekly plasma donation, or waiting to pick my wife up from work, I'll bring it with me.
brontus is offline   Reply With Quote