Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #31
sunnyone
Edge User

Yes... please unzip the epubeDGe.zip and install epubeDGe.apk
Then follew the steps I wrote above

Old 12-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #32
sunnyone
Edge User

I found that my steps of using this app is not clear enough..
in the original version, step 4 must be "(LANG)" such as "zh-CN" or "zh-TW"
Because it's easily to be confused, I just modify the app to much simple way:
Now, you can simply just type the Language Codes you want in second column (without the double quotation marks) and enjoy your converted epubs!!

For example:
I want to convert my epub to Traditional Chinese.
column 1: /sdcard/public/web-epaper_docs/
column 2: zh-TW
And press the button "Convert!"

Update: you can change the language codes to "ja" and display japanese webpage on the E-Ink.
for more language codes, please check here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx

And here is the download link of epubeDGe Version 2:
http://gmart-web.com/epubeDGeV2.zip

Have Fun!

Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #33
borisb
Edge User

Some good news I pointed out this thread to Tech Support and they're going to work on this since it's a small item. No word of course when an update will be released including this fix, but at least it's coming

Old 12-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #34
henke
Edge User

.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricco View Post
I have many pdfs in both BIG5 and GB. Virtually all of them are rendered correctly on the e-ink screen. Some have the problem you described, with characters showing up as "???". More likely than not, the fonts or encoding info are missing or missing in the file.
I cannot understand this problem cause .PDF are images, so there is nothing to do with Big5 or GB / fonts or encoding??? Regards H.L

Old 12-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #35
nprnncbl
Edge User

henke: PDF files can contain images, but also text, with instructions for how that text is rendered. You're right that if it's just an image, it should render fine, but note that for just images, there's no searching available. If the PDF contains text, it may also contain embedded fonts, in which case it should display properly. The type of PDF that might not display properly is one containing text in an unsupported language or with an incorrect encoding, without embedded fonts.

Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #36
borisb
Edge User

Regarding embedded fonts, when the PDF is created if you specify "PDF/A compatible", the necessary fonts will be embedded and should avoid the missing fonts problem. This results in a larger file, but better results. See http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...h-good-results).

Old 12-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #37
henke
Edge User

Chines on E-link screen

I have just converted my Chinese/Dutch dictionary in e-pub format, en loaded on my Pocket IQ 170 e-reader, got perfect characters. On thet Entourage edge only ??? questionmarks, I wonder what is the difference( both adroid), and do we get an upload for the edge, enabeling us to read proper Chinese characters. I am going to read the whole thread again, might be I missed anything. Regards H.L

Old 12-30-2010, 01:35 AM   #38
seagal
Edge User

Nice job. YOU ARE COOL. Thank you for providing a apk to install.