Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #31
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I saw both the red and the silver Touch in a supermarket here at the weekend (not the black).
Which supermarket did you see the red Touch in? I've been looking for one but can only find silver and black in Waterstones, Tescos and Sony. I know Currys sell them online but none of my local stores have them.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #32
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Oh well, so much for buying the 650 in the near future. Only available in that reddish/burgundyish color. Unbelievable. Why offer an electronic device only in red!? Instant turnoff. Trying to force people to buy the 950.
I was always "black only" when considering my Reader purchase. But at the last minute I went with the red. I'm glad that I did! I even think that screen contrast looks better on the red. With the Sony lighted cover in red, it looks really classy, I think. I'm happy with it, but that is definitely strange regarding the black model. (I haven't read to the end of this thread, so the explanation might be there. Back to reading...)
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #33
tb74
tb74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Oddly, the Touch in Canada comes in Red, Black and Silver.

I picked up a Black Touch on a trip to NYC last weekend to take advantage of the $75 trade-in credit that is not available in Canada. The SonyStyle midtown had lots of Black, but only some Red (this is when the website was only showing Red.) It was probably just a stock shortage, the Black models seem to be back on the site.
tb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #34
pete_1967
Connoisseur
pete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony PRS-650
Sony UK has them temporarily out of stock and Waterstones have removed them from their listings (probably because they are sold out), they have Navy blue PRS 350 for £149 to those who want fancier colour though: http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...eader/8179996/
pete_1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #35
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_1967 View Post
Sony UK has them temporarily out of stock and Waterstones have removed them from their listings (probably because they are sold out), they have Navy blue PRS 350 for £149 to those who want fancier colour though: http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...eader/8179996/
Apparently they have removed all 650 models.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #36
mrkapawutzis
Enthusiast
mrkapawutzis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Sony PRS-T1
I wish they had the Navy Blue for the PRS 650. That looks nice.
mrkapawutzis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:26 PM   #37
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkapawutzis View Post
I wish they had the Navy Blue for the PRS 650. That looks nice.
That would have been my first choice. My first reader was a navy blue 505.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #38
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Of course, if you can get to a real store then try walking in and asking for one... as of 1500 today in Birmingham, we had around Touch, Pocket, cases etc and a full range on open display...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_1967 View Post
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #39
schnurrbidurr
schnurrbidurr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Of course, if you can get to a real store then try walking in and asking for one... as of 1500 today in Birmingham, we had around Touch, Pocket, cases etc and a full range on open display...
Like PC World. Their website still has the silver one as store collect & home delivery and the red one as home delivery only.

I bought mine (the red one, which is actually very nice) in store on the release date, with a sweet £20 discount for taking out the extra warranty (and subsequently cancelling it), plus the cashback from Sony's VAT-back scheme (the cheque arrived Monday). All in all my little beauty cost me *drumroll* £152! Bargain.
schnurrbidurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:26 AM   #40
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Which supermarket did you see the red Touch in? I've been looking for one but can only find silver and black in Waterstones, Tescos and Sony. I know Currys sell them online but none of my local stores have them.
Sorry for the delay in responding - have been working abroad.

It was a Tescos (in Cleethorpes, to be precise).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #41
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Strange, why they would write no longer available instead of out of stock! But I'm glad it's back.

Last edited by Lilly; 12-10-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #42
Blackadder
Somewhat bored
Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo hd
I had ordered a black PRS-650 back in November from WH Smith. Delivery was approx 4 weeks.

Looked yesterday and it's still out of stock (and they've no idea when it will be available again), they've also taken the entire 650 range from the website. They only stock the PRS-350.
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
I can't otherwise explain this...
I cannot explain Martha Stewart. Nobody can.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #44
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Geez, 2.5 stars out of five, eh?

PS
Some German shops list it as "out of stock" and "anticipated delivery date: 13 Jan 2011".
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #45
Elecman
Enthusiast
Elecman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I just bought a black PRS-650 at Borders yesterday. The assistant manager that got it from the back room for me said they had plenty, despite the Borders' website saying "out of stock".
Elecman is offline   Reply With Quote