Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-04-2024, 11:40 AM   #31
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You do not need a VL to find James Patterson (or any other)

Learn to use the tag browser (luggage tag icon to open)
That can do simple and medium level searches with just clicks and the control key
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 11:51 AM   #32
MRM66
Zealot
MRM66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara Col.Samsung A7 & A8 Tab.Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 & Kindle 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

That can do simple and medium level searches with just clicks and the control key
Maybe o should be doing that instead. Never searched much.
No I don't need the space.
Just thought it had to be tody
But glad to get rid of the mobis
MRM66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2024, 12:44 PM   #33
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM66 View Post
Sounds handy for finding all my James Patterson Books
But will learn about that later maybe.

So now I have got rid of all the mobis yippee logo I need to remove all the other formats in my list also?
In the same way as done. Or just ignore them.now?
If you remove all the formats, you'll have basically deleted your books. Only metadata remains, not the files. A book must have a format for you to be able to read it.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 10:22 PM   #34
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You can remove the other formats the same way. For now, I would suggest getting rid the original_???? formats which are leftovers from various calibre tools.

The easiest way to do this would be to select all your ePub books using the formats:EPUB search, and in Remove files of a specific format from books, select the original_???? formats and click OK.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 02:53 AM   #35
MRM66
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You can remove the other formats the same way. For now, I would suggest getting rid the original_???? formats which are leftovers from various calibre tools.

The easiest way to do this would be to select all your ePub books using the formats:EPUB search, and in Remove files of a specific format from books, select the original_???? formats and click OK.
Am a bit dubious about that
Maybe I should keep them
AZW3 2685
ORIG AZW3 13
ORIG EPUB 1524
ORIG MOBI 73 ?
Advert
Old 06-05-2024, 03:59 AM   #36
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Am a bit dubious about that
Maybe I should keep them
AZW3 2685
ORIG AZW3 13
ORIG EPUB 1524
ORIG MOBI 73 ?
I would not delete anything unless I'm absolutely sure what I'm doing and why. Are you?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 04:02 AM   #37
MRM66
Zealot

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Ok Trying that thanks
I trust you lol
Old 06-05-2024, 04:04 AM   #38
MRM66
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I would not delete anything unless I'm absolutely sure what I'm doing and why. Are you?
Not sure at all
Jst thought AZW3 & Original EPubs, there semed to be a lot of them lol
But will stop now
Am pleased all the mobis have gone!
Old 06-08-2024, 03:27 AM   #39
MRM66
Zealot

Question

When I am backing up the Calibre books now there are files that say mobi caltrash. Lots of them.
Do they eventually go, or do I have to do something?

This is all new to me.
Old 06-08-2024, 03:54 AM   #40
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See item 7 in the drop down menu ==>> Calibre User Manual - Remove books -> Restore recently deleted - you control retention period etc from there.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 05:07 AM   #41
MRM66
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
See item 7 in the drop down menu ==>> Calibre User Manual - Remove books -> Restore recently deleted - you control retention period etc from there.

BR
It's not bothering me.
It's just when I back up calibre and then do a search all these files kee coming up called mobitrash.
Will they disappear eventually?
Don't really want to do anything as happy now the actual mobis are gone.
Old 06-08-2024, 08:25 AM   #42
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
It's not bothering me.
It's just when I back up calibre and then do a search all these files kee coming up called mobitrash.
The default is that the deleted books/formats disappear (are permanently deleted) after 2 weeks. You can change that default in the dialog that @BetterRed referred to.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 08:41 AM   #43
MRM66
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The default is that the deleted books/formats disappear (are permanently deleted) after 2 weeks. You can change that default in the dialog that @BetterRed referred to.
So if I leave it for 2 weeks they will go anyway?

Would you leave the other formats in my list and not delete any of them?
Old 06-08-2024, 08:57 AM   #44
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
So if I leave it for 2 weeks they will go anyway?
Yes. The time is checked when calibre is closed, so when you stop calibre any deleted format older than that will be permanently removed.
Quote:
Would you leave the other formats in my list and not delete any of them?
I'm not the right person to ask because I don't delete any of them. They don't hurt anything besides taking up some space.

That said, in your case I would consider deleting the "ORIGINAL_..." formats. They don't serve much purpose once you are happy with a conversion.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 11:30 AM   #45
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
It's not bothering me.
Don't really want to do anything as happy now the actual mobis are gone.
NOT FROM A BACKUP. The whole purpose of a Backup is a frozen view in time.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote