Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #31
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
I downloaded the Gentium fonts (thanks to RobertB and guys!). Starting to play with it. On my first glance it looks like fb2 does not recognize it...
To be continued...
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #32
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by irenas View Post
I downloaded the Gentium fonts (thanks to RobertB and guys!). Starting to play with it. On my first glance it looks like fb2 does not recognize it...
To be continued...
Try this thread for some very specific help.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58901
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #33
irenas
Zealot

Thanks polly!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #34
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
FB2 needs to be updated

Quote:
To be continued...
Dear Irenas:

I will talk with the factory. Dale tells me the FB2 version on the Pocket PRO is about a year old. Everything else is fresh. I would like to see this brought current as so many love FB2.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #35
irenas
Zealot

Thanks RobertB!
(i think i converted another 2 persons to Astak-followers )
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 02:31 AM   #36
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
hmmm... i am confused.
According to FAQ on EzReader website, the installed fonts will only display on DOC and TXT files?
Most of my e-books are in epub and fb2 format, so i just assumed i have to stick to supplied font types... Am i wrong?
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:43 AM   #37
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
I will talk with the factory. Dale tells me the FB2 version on the Pocket PRO is about a year old. Everything else is fresh. I would like to see this brought current as so many love FB2.
WOOHOO I will be one happy man if this happens.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #38
irenas
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyPants View Post
hmmm... i am confused.
According to FAQ on EzReader website, the installed fonts will only display on DOC and TXT files?
Most of my e-books are in epub and fb2 format, so i just assumed i have to stick to supplied font types... Am i wrong?
I am trying to figure it out... I installed about 5 different fonts, all truetype. I see them in the "settings" and can change default font. When i am reading my book, which is in fb2 format , and want to change fonts- if i press settings, i see only 2 fonts- Arial and TimesNewRoman and can only switch between two of them.
Does it make sense?
Old 02-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #39
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
When i am reading my book, which is in fb2 format , and want to change fonts- if i press settings, i see only 2 fonts- Arial and TimesNewRoman and can only switch between two of them.
Does it make sense?
yep, thats exactly whats happening to me.
Robert? Can you clarify this for us? Can the font be changed for fb2 formatted books?
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #40
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Dale would likely know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyPants View Post
yep, thats exactly whats happening to me.
Robert? Can you clarify this for us? Can the font be changed for fb2 formatted books?
Dear SmartyPants:

The part of the FAQ sheet about font style changes came from Jinke. They say you can only add fonts on word and txt. I am not sure why that is the case... so I will go back to Jinke and see why this is the case and what can be done. Dale DePriest would likely be better able to answer this question, maybe Wallcraft. Let me see specifically about a way to do this with FB2.

Thank you. This is a good question that will help us all!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #41
irenas
Zealot

Every time when i create a folder for my selected books ( I organized them by some parameters) the app. creates a folder in \Digital Editions\Annotations\
What can i do with it?
Old 02-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #42
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Every time when i create a folder for my selected books ( I organized them by some parameters) the app. creates a folder in \Digital Editions\Annotations\
What can i do with it?
Just leave it alone. It is not for you independent use. It is used by the ADE software when you read the book.

The Digital Editions folder can be used to keep eBooks in but you should not use the annotations subfolder. The Digital Editions folder is where ADE on a PC or Mac will put the eBooks it downloads to the device.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #43
irenas
Zealot

I am still deciding on what format i like better. fb2 vs epub.
I like that fb2 has page#/pages and the ruler on the screen, as well as the clock. In
epub i need to press big button to see what page i am in. But it looks like the text formatting itself is better in epub. Also, epub has search option, but i am not sure how useful it is.

Tags
astak ez reader