Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #31
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Your coffee cup sleeve is rather limiting in what devices it mentions. I think it either needs to mention a lot more devices or be a lot more generic. Also, most people aren't going to know what the old 500 logo is as Sony no longer uses it.
Yes, that was the point of my post. I wasn't trying to include most devices, as it would just become a laundry list of items, very unattractive; I actually wanted to include just logos, but as I said, the available logos were very limited.

The point of the sleeve was not so much to appeal to all ebook readers, but to get the attention of other people, with visual elements that would say "ebook" to them.

If I decide to go more generic, I may just remove almost everything except the word "ebook," repeated in multiple fonts and colors over and over and over...

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 05-25-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #32
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know what to think. I mean, we know the IDPF aren't exactly expert marketers, but I would think that if they picked a logo, and they said in advance that they'd announce the winner today... that we'd be able to find out who won, and see the logo, on their site and half a dozen others that would've gotten a press release.

So what gives? Mike S? Anyone?

(Edit: I've e-mailed Michael Smith this AM, asking for info.)

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 05-26-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #33
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I don't know what to think. I mean, we know the IDPF aren't exactly expert marketers, but I would think that if they picked a logo, and they said in advance that they'd announce the winner today... that we'd be able to find out who won, and see the logo, on their site and half a dozen others that would've gotten a press release.

So what gives? Mike S? Anyone?
Yeah, it appears it's amateur hour at the IDPF. By now, there should have been a press release about the winning design and the logo (or links to it) should have been plastered all over the IDPF website.

But noooo...
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #34
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Still now winner announced, and displayed by someone here? It's no big deal in the scheme of things, but I'm starting to get curious myself.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #35
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Still now winner announced, and displayed by someone here? It's no big deal in the scheme of things, but I'm starting to get curious myself.
Yes. I'm beginning to suspect they decided to push the announcement back, though if it was in deference to the winner's needs, or to their own, I have no idea. Just wish they'd tell us what's going on, instead of leaving everyone to twist in the wind waiting...
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #36
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Yes. I'm beginning to suspect they decided to push the announcement back, though if it was in deference to the winner's needs, or to their own, I have no idea. Just wish they'd tell us what's going on, instead of leaving everyone to twist in the wind waiting...
They did say that the winner would be informed and invited to the conference, so it's probably safe to say that no-one here won
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #37
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
They did say that the winner would be informed and invited to the conference, so it's probably safe to say that no-one here won
Maybe... or maybe they chose the winning logo, but no one's gotten around to contacting the winner... even now. We do know the IDPF does things at its own pace... I suspect they couldn't manage to coordinate the announcement with the conference, and so have just put it off.

But I'm more curious about the logo itself, than who won it... as I'm sure are many others who expect to be using it... and just want to know when we'll see it.

(And yeah, I'm also assuming it wasn't me...)
Old 05-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #38
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
I went and bugged Michael Smith about it. They did announce it. They just haven't had the chance to upload it yet.

I haven't even seen it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #39
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I went and bugged Michael Smith about it. They did announce it. They just haven't had the chance to upload it yet.

I haven't even seen it.
Well, since he's responding to your bugging, and not mine... go back and tell him to get to it!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #40
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Where

IS

it?!?

(Like, inquiring minds want to know!)
Old 06-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #41
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1. Create a public logo contest and then pick a winner.
  2. Don't show the logo to anyone under any circumstances.
  3. ???
  4. PROFIT!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #42
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I hope they make it available as SVG or EPS. I sure as heck won't use it if it's only available as a raster graphic. The days of pixelated icons are so over.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #43
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
I hope they make it available as SVG or EPS. I sure as heck won't use it if it's only available as a raster graphic. The days of pixelated icons are so over.
While I certainly agree with that, right now I'd be content with just bloody seeing what it looks like...
Old 06-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #44
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
One of the rules was that the logo had to be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in the form of an EPS.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #45
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I bugged Mike Smith again.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote