Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #31
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Found out that the system "thought" I should see some on screen pop-up.
Which I couldn't. Probably I mangled it. :P
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #32
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
So, does this search index rename work all right?
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #33
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All I know I posted above.

Seems like a full restart isn't a terrible idea after the deed is done.

I merely renamed my folder and then made a blank file with the relevant name.
One could always swap it back via USB FAT mount in the event of some unforeseen side effect.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #34
DrunkenDonkey
Connoisseur
DrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle PW2
Now thats a topic I like! Even days from getting my first kindle, I already hate the indexer
Have anyone tried on PW2, this is the thing I'll get soon (tm)?
DrunkenDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #35
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Can confirm that it's working on the Paperwhite. Just delete the system/Search Indexes directory, and create a system/Search Indexes file instead. The only effect that I found so far is that it fills the log with error messages whenever it tries to index something, but that's not really an issue. And it's not happening often, either - as far as I can tell, only when a new book is added and when the device goes into screensaver mode.

PS: I assume that it will be working on the PW2 too.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #36
Nyoxi
Connoisseur
Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kindle Touch
Cool!

Tried that on Touch, did reboot... everything seems to work, no explostions, nothing...

A friend of mine will be happy about it. He has more than 1000 books on his device and this is driving him creazy (weel, it's one of the things at least).
Nyoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #37
twobob

Nice

I still didn't manage to switch into a kernel of my own building via qemu.
Damn thing "fails to start" every time. Debian Wheezy it is until such a time.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #38
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
All I know I posted above.

Seems like a full restart isn't a terrible idea after the deed is done.

I merely renamed my folder and then made a blank file with the relevant name.
One could always swap it back via USB FAT mount in the event of some unforeseen side effect.
I think this little trick deserves a guitar solo:

knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #39
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
or a theremin solo

(and my favourite "not-solo" theremin track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2tbdsblDFo)

Last edited by Aeris; 10-06-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Link fixed :P
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #40
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
I think this thread can be flagged as [SOLVED] now

Last edited by Aeris; 10-07-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #41
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Quote:
err..Warning. I don't actually read books on my device...
I think this statement of twobob should be used as a bumper sticker by all diehard members of this forum..

I too applied the procedure.. no ill effects seen..
Don't have much books.. less than a 100..
And.. I do read some of them..

Last edited by nasser; 10-07-2013 at 10:38 PM.
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:02 AM   #42
Nyoxi
Connoisseur
Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Nice
I still didn't manage to switch into a kernel of my own building via qemu.
Damn thing "fails to start" every time. Debian Wheezy it is until such a time.
Don't worry twobob. I'm still tweaking a few things here and there. Once it's settled I'll post about it.
Nyoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #43
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Thus far only 1 odd occurrence for me. My Paperwhite lost my place in a book.
That said it may have been due to me messing around with books on the device, purposefully trying to make it go wrong.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #44
twobob

Since we are all abusing things..
Here's a little abuse I did earlier...

EDIT: Also available 32 bit studio masters:
https://soundcloud.com/twobob/jolene...wobob-remax-32

Last edited by twobob; 10-08-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #45
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
A simply great "Cover Cut" for your next album.

Quote:
Rock stars retire;
Folk singers just go on another tour.
And 'new age' synth. will probably be with us for generations.

Since we are abusing this thread anyway,
Possibly the best statement about road tours:

Last edited by knc1; 10-08-2013 at 11:21 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indexing, paperwhite, touch