Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #31
CherilNClarke
CherilNClarke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CherilNClarke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CherilNClarke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CherilNClarke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CherilNClarke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CherilNClarke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CherilNClarke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CherilNClarke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CherilNClarke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CherilNClarke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CherilNClarke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid I don't see one there at all - I just see a black rectangle. Perhaps it's something that won't play on my iPhone?
I'm not sure, it's am embedded vimeo.com video.

@VydorScope, thanks. If I continue to do these at all going forward, they will have voice overs and move use of actual film vs. just still images with transitions.
CherilNClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #32
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid I don't see one there at all - I just see a black rectangle. Perhaps it's something that won't play on my iPhone?
That is because the video is being played via flash. Last I head iPhone still did not support flash, but I do not have one to check. It plays fine on my iMac, but of course I have flash installed.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
Of those of you who have seen book promo videos, did any of the humorous videos entice you to buy the book? Or just the serious videos?
I've not bought a book because of the promo video. But, of the books I have bought that have a promo video, some have made me want to read the book sooner then I planned.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #34
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
I've got trailers for most of my recently released books, and they haven't done one single lick of good for me. So I'd say no.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherilNClarke View Post
I'm not sure, it's am embedded vimeo.com video.

@VydorScope, thanks. If I continue to do these at all going forward, they will have voice overs and move use of actual film vs. just still images with transitions.
The iPhone will only play embedded YouTube videos.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #36
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Most of the ones I've seen are just a visual copy of the words on the front/back of the book - or replicated from the e-book blurb .... seems a waste of time, money and effort....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote