Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: What is easier on the eyes while reading?
eInk is easier on the eyes 91 74.59%
LCD is easier on the eyes 4 3.28%
They're the same 15 12.30%
Still too many variables 12 9.84%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #31
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
At the time, 93% of the people voted for one of the first 3 options.
So you are saying that those who voted for the 4th option ' had a problem with this simple request for a vote"

Amazing how your logic works.

Fascinating.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #32
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Unfortunately you're never going to see a backlit eInk screen for the simple reason that eInk screens are opaque, hence cannot be illuminated from behind...
That's what I said would be ideal. It doesn't mean it's possible although I have heard something was impossible then someone comes along and makes it possible so who know? I'll keep my mind open to it being a possibility (although methinks I'll not hold my breath waiting).

But then, a third option might pop up rendering the other two ancient history.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #33
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post

But then, a third option might pop up rendering the other two ancient history.
I hope so! I still think we are in the dark ages when it comes to portable displays.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote