Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #31
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
The only difference between 1.5 and 2.0 is the DRM scheme, and the renderer for PRC vs the renderer for ePub, the rest of the firmware is strictly the same. And it's more true on 200Mhz unit where the kernel didn't changes on update, or really rarely (and the 1.5/2.0 for 200Mhz does not change it)
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #32
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
As I said before, since I updated mine to v.1.5 (400 MHz), I had no problem at all, not a single freeze, and great battery lasting too. I read only prc or mobi, but I can read for hours (7 at least, even 12 ) without any empty battery...
Have you any music on your Gen3 ? Maybe the player...
What was this book that "gobbled" your battery ? A prc or mobi ? Or another format ?
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #33
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
....I'll splash 60 € on a second battery, it is always useful, luckily they are easily interchanged.
My suspicions should be confirmed. Got the new battery, and after 2 days and a half, starting from 100% of charge it is still 70%, after having been continuously turned on, of course.
I have read maybe 50 pages, granted, but still a long way from the original one, until now. I'll check again tomorrow.
Curiously, the false battery level measurement does not seem to occurr, but I shall need more tests to be sure. So, as a first impression it seems like a battery can cause a few problems. Could it happen again in a couple of years ?
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #34
mitchman
mitchman began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
I see it too. I think it's related to the fact that it takes 5+ seconds per page turn now, so it means much more power is used during this time, reducing the total number of page turns significantly.
I'm well and truly fed up over the freezes and slowness on my 400MHz Gen3 with the v2 firmware, so unless the new firmware improves the situation significantly, I will be shopping for a different ebook and it will not be a Cybook. Just to mention an example: I have around 30 pages left on a book I was reading and now it just freezes when I try to open it again! This kind of stuff just make me want to throw it out the window and let traffic deal with it.
mitchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #35
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I see it too. I think it's related to the fact that it takes 5+ seconds per page turn now, so it means much more power is used during this time, reducing the total number of page turns significantly.
Is that ePub ?Or pdf ?
Pdf cane sometimes get nasty, but i've never seen that nasty. en ePub even. loading a book sometimes take a few seconds, turning page is not even a second.
Is there images table or anything ?
Is there some ePub the do works ?
I read the wheel of time (you can hardly find a bigger epub), works fine.

Quote:
Would make sense.

Have you contacted bookeen ? If so what did they said ?

Last edited by EowynCarter; 05-03-2010 at 04:07 PM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #36
Rafal Franczak
Rafal Franczak began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
My Cybook (200MHz version with build 796 software) started to use battery quicker in last half year since last software update.
Another symptom was slower key response.

I thought that it is sign of old battery but I have found that my SD card had error on FAT. chkdisk or fsck repaired SD card and reader responds faster.

You may want to check Your SD card.
If reader try to write faulty block multiple times It is CPU intensive and power intensive.

Hmm 60 EUR for battery - I will search for compatibile battery from another device. If nothing will fit There is always Nook for 149USD :-)

Good luck

Rafal Franczak
Rafal Franczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #37
mitchman
mitchman began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Is that ePub ?Or pdf ?
Pdf cane sometimes get nasty, but i've never seen that nasty. en ePub even. loading a book sometimes take a few seconds, turning page is not even a second.
Is there images table or anything ?
Is there some ePub the do works ?
I read the wheel of time (you can hardly find a bigger epub), works fine.

Would make sense.

Have you contacted bookeen ? If so what did they said ?
It was with ePub and FW 2.1 seems to have improved things significantly for me. Things improved a bit with the Georgia font, so maybe their font fix really did make a huge impact now that they uses less memory. Not sure if the device supports swapping in the kernel, but if it does and runs out of physical memory when opening a book and consequently have to start swapping, that would explain a lot of the slowness.
mitchman is offline   Reply With Quote