Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #31
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Some books don't seem to be free if you are outside the US.

For example "The Keres Strain" costs $3.62 for me. Not an earth-shattering price, but not free, nevertheless. I can't even buy "Paying For It: A Gus Dury Novel". It's not sold to me.

^&@$%$#%#% regional restrictions
Old 02-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #32
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Free at Amazon U.S., also.
Every time I see your sig, I become more and more curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort1997 View Post
Free Today On Amazon UK - Barney Thomson, Zombie Killer: A Barney Thomson Novella by Douglas Lindsay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort1997 View Post
Free Today on Amazon UK -The Face Of Death: A Barney Thomson Novella by Douglas Lindsay
Will have to check this author out
Advert
Old 02-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #33
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Marc Brent is horrendously ripped apart on a recent trip to Italy when he encounters a hoard of traveling Rootabaggers. Rootabaggers are creatures that resemble 1950s luggage with oversize handles. These creatures collect body parts from their victims and are then somehow able to pass inspection when they board as luggage on air flights. This novel is full of constipated moments of never-ending terror as the world confronts the necessity of travelling with too many suitcases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Every time I see your sig, I become more and more curious
Me too!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:49 PM   #34
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE @ Amazon:

A Death in the Family (A Euphemia Martins Murder Mystery - #1) - Caroline Dunford
Amazon US----Amazon UK

-Published by Accent Press (UK)
-Cozy Historical Mystery

Quote:
"A sparkling and witty crime debut with a female protagonist to challenge Miss Marple." Lin Anderson, Award winning Scottish crime author

The first book in the Euphemia Martins Murder Mystery series by Caroline Dunford.

In December 1909 the Very Rev Joshia Martins expires in a dish of mutton and onions leaving his family on the brink of destitution. Abandoned by her noble grandfather, Joshia’s daughter, the eighteen year old Euphemia, takes it on herself to provide for her mother and little brother by entering service. She’s young, fit, intelligent, a little naive and assumes the life of a maid won’t be too demanding. However, on her first day at the unhappy home of Lord Stapleford she discovers a murdered body.

Euphemia’s innate sense of justice has her prying where no servant should look and uncovering some of the darker social, political and business secrets of Stapleford family. She is propositioned, locked in cupboards, made to chop mountains of onions, her reputation shredded, accused of murder and frequently put in fear for her life. All Euphemia has to defend herself is her quick wits, sense of humour and the ultimate weapon of all virtuous young women, her scream.
--->Also posted in the Cozy Mystery Thread
Old 02-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #35
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Other books by this author also seem to be on the sale, or at least very cheap.
Advert
Old 02-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #36
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
AMAZON UK

Saw this posted in the amazon forum - Scandi-crime author Anne Holt's The Blind Goddess is free. Don't think my link will work as I'm registered in the US, just a reminder to point anyone interested in the right direction for a search...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...cm_cd_asin_lnk
Old 02-15-2014, 04:26 AM   #37
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
It worked for me. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:18 AM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE @ Amazon:

A Death in the Family (A Euphemia Martins Murder Mystery - #1) - Caroline Dunford
Amazon US----Amazon UK

-Published by Accent Press (UK)
-Cozy Historical Mystery
Thank you. I see that book 3 in this series, "A Death in the Highlands", was a freebie last year. I added it to my Calibre library on 23rd March 2013.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #39
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
AMAZON UK

Saw this posted in the amazon forum - Scandi-crime author Anne Holt's The Blind Goddess is free. Don't think my link will work as I'm registered in the US, just a reminder to point anyone interested in the right direction for a search...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...cm_cd_asin_lnk
Highly recommended for anyone that likes their Scandinavian crime thrillers. I've already read this one but it was a library book so I'll just take the opportunity to grab a copy in case I ever want to re-read it, cheers mitford13.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:31 PM   #40
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The Paris Affair by Teresa Grant (pen name for Tracy Grant) is US $2.99 at both Amazon and Kobo, possibly elsewhere. This is the third in the Malcolm and Suzanne Rannoch series, set in Europe in the early 1800's. The first two are much more expensive - US $9.19 and US $9.39 respectively. A friend recommended this series to me when I mentioned I liked historical mysteries, but I've not yet been willing to spend $9+ to read either of the first two, so I can't offer my own opinion. I'm not quite sure why one would put the third book in a series on sale!

I prefer to read in order, but am not manic about it. So since this one was also couponable at Kobo US, which made it even cheaper, I went ahead and bought it. I'm actually sort of hoping I don't like it, because otherwise I'll have to hope that the first two go on sale someday, or else Kobo comes out with some more 75% coupons, or maybe that they would be a bit cheaper if I took a little vacation somewhere...

Anyway, links for this one are here: Amazon US Kobo US

Quote:
Synopsis

From the ashes of war rise the secrets of its darkest hearts…

In the wake of the Battle of Waterloo, Paris is a house divided. The triumphant Bourbons flaunt their victory with lavish parties, while Bonapartists seek revenge only to be captured and executed. Amid the turmoil, British attaché and Intelligence Agent Malcolm Rannoch and his wife, Suzanne, discover that his murdered half-sister, Princess Tatiana Kirsanova, may have borne a child—a secret she took to the grave. And Malcolm suspects there was more than mere impropriety behind her silence…

As Malcolm and Suzanne begin searching for answers, they learn that the child was just one of many secrets Tatiana had been keeping. The princess was the toast of Paris when she arrived in the glamorous city, flirting her way into the arms of more than a few men—perhaps even those of Napoleon himself—and the father must be among them. But in the melee of the Napoleonic Wars, she was caught up in a deadly game, and now Malcolm and Suzanne must race against time to save the child from a similar fate…

“Twists and turns galore, swashbuckling adventure and suspense throughout..for readers in search of smart historical mysteries.” Tasha Alexander, New York Times bestselling author

“I loved this book! No one else can combine page-turning suspense, fascinating mystery, a palpable sense of time and place, with such unforgettable and masterfully-drawn characters. Superb!” --Deborah Crombie, New York Times bestselling author
Old 02-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #41
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thank you. I see that book 3 in this series, "A Death in the Highlands", was a freebie last year. I added it to my Calibre library on 23rd March 2013.
I downloaded it and when I added it to Calibre, I noticed the cover says "A Euphemia Martin Mystery" even though the name is "Martins." The covers for the next 2 in the series advertised on the first few pages of the book also leave off the "s".

Yes, I had to edit the cover so it was correct, stuff like that really bugs me.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:28 AM   #42
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Free Today on Amazon - Steps to Heaven: A Sgt Major Crane Novel by Wendy Cartmell

'Meet Sergeant Major Crane.
A Special Investigations Branch Detective in the British Army, he is the soldier who polices other soldiers.
He thinks he has seen every crime known to both war and peace.
But nothing has prepared him for the case of Solomon.
An Afghanistan veteran he has murdered his wife and six year old son and then committed suicide.
Soon there are similar horrific murders around the country.
Crane knows there must be a connection.
But what?
Crane starts to investigate the local Church Solomon was attending.
But with the body count rising, events start to take a darker turn … could the Church be the connection?
Is the Church offering salvation?
Or is it forcing people to take the first,untimely Steps to Heaven?'

UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steps-Heaven...15467&sr=1-262

US
http://www.amazon.com/Steps-Heaven-M...15467&sr=1-262

Au
http://www.amazon.com.au/Steps-Heave...15467&sr=1-262

Can
http://www.amazon.ca/Steps-Heaven-Ma...15467&sr=1-262
Old 02-19-2014, 03:23 AM   #43
Harlock415
Connoisseur
Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Voyage
Today's daily deal at Amazon US is James Lee Burke 's Light of the World for $2.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1000677541
Old 02-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #44
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Google's Deal today is Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante [Grove Press] for $1.99.

https://play.google.com/store/books/...lhCqzxgC&hl=en

Quote:
Dr. Jennifer White, a brilliant former surgeon in the early grips of Alzheimer's, is suspected of murdering her best friend, Amanda. Amanda's body was found brutally disfigured — with four of her fingers cut off in a precise, surgical manner. As the police pursue their investigation and Jennifer searches her own mind for fractured clues to Amanda's death, a portrait emerges of a complex relationship between two uncompromising, unsentimental women, lifelong friends who were at times each other's most formidable adversaries.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #45
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
There are some free mysteries (& some literary fiction and non-fiction) available as DRM-free ePubs direct from the publisher here:

http://books.noisetrade.com/groveatlantic

A tip of $3 is suggested per book, and you do have to give an email address to get the download link. You can download them for free.

Some big names in the list - ones I've heard of, if not read.
Closed Thread