View Poll Results: Jane Eyre ending?
I've read Jane Eyre and know the ending 26 68.42%
I haven't read Jane Eyre, but know the ending 2 5.26%
I don't know the ending to Jane Eyre. 10 26.32%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2021, 02:54 AM   #31
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I am glad to see that I turned out not to be the only one voting "I haven't read Jane Eyre, but know the ending". I'm quite surprised. I'd have to say that with most of the classics I've read in the last 20 or 30 years I knew many, if not most, of the important details before I started.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 04:57 AM   #32
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I read Jane Eyre in the last couple of years, for the first time. Partly as homework so I could read The Eyre Affair.

Several times I realised as I was reading that I knew this bit, but luckily I didn’t “remember” any spoilers too early.

I knew the famous line, but didn’t remember it was from JE. And it really it would be much more surprising if that was not the end of this kind of book. I did not know the actual sequence of events that ends the book.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2021, 02:25 AM   #33
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
I haven't read it, don't know what it is about, but I vaguely recognize the name. I can also see from Goodreads that I have it on my to read list, and that I have bought it on audiobook at some point, so I will know the ending at some time in the future!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote