Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #31
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
93terp, what kind of books are you reading? I found a lot of book at echapterone.com which is a partner ebook store of the EZ Reader. I found a lot of books I want to read there for cheaper than any other stores. It seems to have almost every book I want to read on there. I read a whole bunch of young adult novels. You can still be young at heart right? lol
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #32
luisfe
luisfe began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Pocket Pro
I have also just bought one the other day. My first e-reader also. The reason to choose this one is that I think that has the best relation price-specifications. I think that the biggest problem for customers is that it is very hard to get one of these devices to touch. Videos and photos over the internet are just not the same. I do not really think that it can be as reading on paper. (I have just never seen e-ink so, please, be indulgent). So I do not want to expend $400-$600 on something I am not very confident.

I was going for a prs-600, freehand annotation would be great to help at job. Until I realized that a 6'' screen would not be the best decission if I really use it to work. Also I have seen many complains about the screen quality, I think I prefer a better screen. So I forgot that and went for one for enjoyment.

Among the rest options, I think that the pocket pro is just the best reader out there on its range, many formats, openess of firmware and everybody that I know that has a Jinkle product is happy with it.

I am very happy to hear that it has search capabilities now. I think they are a must.

Lets wait until I get it to see it with my own eyes.
luisfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #33
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstitious View Post
93terp, what kind of books are you reading? I found a lot of book at echapterone.com which is a partner ebook store of the EZ Reader. I found a lot of books I want to read there for cheaper than any other stores. It seems to have almost every book I want to read on there. I read a whole bunch of young adult novels. You can still be young at heart right? lol
For non-fiction I mostly read political books and for fiction I tend to read mostly mindless novels - Dan Brown, Steve Berry, Sophie Kinsella, etc....I do so much intensive reading for my job that when I read a novel I want something with a decent story line that I can easily follow! Shallow - yes, but to each her own, right?

Thanks for the info on echapterone.com - I'll check it out!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #34
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
You mean Dan Brown is mindless? Dang, I thought I was all intellectual reading his book. :P I feel ya about reading mindless novels. There is a reason why I read a lot of young adult novels. lol I too have to read a bunch for work. I love Sophie Kinsella. Read all her shopaholic books and a couple of other ones.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #35
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wonderful and welcome. I've re-entered the Ebook/epublishing world recently myself - I got the Sony 505 about two weeks ago and have the 5" pocket pro (black) on the way.

Tons of free books out there at Project Guttenberg here on MR and from Google books ...

You can also check out books from your local library in digital format it they offer that service!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #36
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Library books have mostly PDF and some have ePUB as well as Mobi. Yes, they have DRM but EZ Reader supports DRM on PDF and ePUB so no breaking of DRM is required. If you break DRM and keep a library book it is tantamount to stealing a library book. YMMV

Dale
I was referring to the OP whose library at this point only carries mobi. I think as long as you delete the book after you read it there is no harm in breaking the drm.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #37
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
I was referring to the OP whose library at this point only carries mobi. I think as long as you delete the book after you read it there is no harm in breaking the drm.
I would agree. The original suggestion was to keep the book.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:18 AM   #38
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah right, I was thinking about Epub, but true about mobi drm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Sometimes it is possible to sign up for other libraries in your region.

MOBI lending library ebooks have DRM (encryption). It is possible to remove the DRM, and the Pocket Pro can read DRM-free MOBI ebooks. However, even if you delete the DRM-free version after reading it, stripping DRM from a library ebook may be illegal. It does not seem morally wrong, though, providing you delete the ebook once the lending period has expired.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:20 AM   #39
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear tmgplc:

Thank you so much!! I am SO happy that you are pleased and took the time to post!! We will keep trying to get it even better!

Robert, as mentioned above with the Mobi DRM -- is support for that in the future?
Old 09-12-2009, 06:24 AM   #40
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Woot!
That wasn't very big.....

WOOT

Old 09-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #41
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Lisa:

Books On Board has more Adobe Digital Editions eBooks than anyone I know. They would be perfect as they are friendly and growing at a rate of 3,000 ADE eBooks a month!!! Powell's Books is also a great ADE source!

We do list links for free eBooks on our website: www.theEZreader.com

Also, everybody on here is wonderful, but pay particular attention to Wallcraft! He is a Moderator and he really knows what he is saying. Wallcraft posts are always insightful and helpful. I think we all look up to him!

There has been no announcement that Wallcraft is a Moderator. He is NOT a Moderator.

Thank you,
Don (Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:46 AM   #42
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstitious View Post
There is a reason why I read a lot of young adult novels. lol I too have to read a bunch for work. I love Sophie Kinsella. Read all her shopaholic books and a couple of other ones.
I loved the Harry Potter series & I'm going to dive into the Twilight series soon! My least favorite Sophie Kinsella book was "Remember Me". I hear that her new one, "Twenties Girl" (or something like that) is really good.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #43
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Robert, as mentioned above with the Mobi DRM -- is support for that in the future?
As Robert mentioned, you cannot have Mobi DRM with any other DRM present on the system. They require an exclusive agreement. It is not likely that Pocket Pro will ever use mobi drm, I suspect, however the original EZ Reader Basic can use mobi DRM but flashing the firmware with the January copy of the firmware. Of course you give up all the other improvements.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #44
kennyc

Quote:
As Robert mentioned, you cannot have Mobi DRM with any other DRM present on the system. They require an exclusive agreement. It is not likely that Pocket Pro will ever use mobi drm, I suspect, however the original EZ Reader Basic can use mobi DRM but flashing the firmware with the January copy of the firmware. Of course you give up all the other improvements.

Dale

I see, I'd missed that point....well then here's what I say to mobi

I will begin working to kill it immediately.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #45
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
I would agree. The original suggestion was to keep the book.

Dale
Even if you keep the book, how many times are you going to read it? Most people read a book only once unless it's exceptionally good. If the OP doesn't share it with anybody I don't see the problem. It would be just wasted memory on her/his device. If we go strictly by what's 100% legal we wouldn't remove the drm in the first place.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote