Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2022, 08:41 PM   #421
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Is this on the replacement Kobo sent you or your original Libra 2?
Old Libra 2.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 08:43 PM   #422
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, I don't believe it was happening before. And I think I only noticed it with 4.32.x because I tapped through all the icons trying to decide if I liked the round highlight over the previous square highlight.

And, it isn't just the light icon. The rotation icon also does not dismiss the other popups when it is opened. That only shows on the devices that support landscape mode or have had the configuration option added to show it.
I can reproduce this on a Forma running 4.31. Can’t speak to older versions but it does predate 4.32.
MGlitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2022, 12:06 AM   #423
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Since manually updating I've noticed that if I use the buttons to increase the brightness/colour or change the font size, then dismiss these functions by tapping on the screen, the next time I try to turn the page, the last function I was altering (for example, increasing font size) happens again. The page doesn't turn.

So I've stopped using the buttons to control font and light changes. Now I just tap on the line to increase/decrease. It's the only way to keep the buttons as page-turning devices.

Has anyone else experienced this?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 12:51 AM   #424
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Thank you. I put the following in the Metada on device and advanced tab of the Kobo Touch extended plugin:

Words: program:$$#words
Pages: program:$$#pages

I left the estimates fileds below them blank.

Clicked okay and apply.

What happens next? Does this automatically calculate the number of pages and words of my sideloaded books on my device when i connect my kobo to calibre? Will my sideloaded books now contain words in View Details of my device?
Does this work now on Calibre 5.42?
Old 05-04-2022, 01:05 AM   #425
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Thank you. I put the following in the Metada on device and advanced tab of the Kobo Touch extended plugin:

Words: program:$$#words
Pages: program:$$#pages

I left the estimates fileds below them blank.

Clicked okay and apply.

What happens next? Does this automatically calculate the number of pages and words of my sideloaded books on my device when i connect my kobo to calibre? Will my sideloaded books now contain words in View Details of my device?
As long as the #words and #pages columns are populated in Calibre (use the Count Pages plugin for this) and you have metadata management set to automatic, the next time you connect the device to Calibre it'll sync to device and appear on the details page.

Quote:
Does this work now on Calibre 5.42?
It works now. The changes have been in source for a while and I've been using them.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-04-2022 at 01:09 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2022, 01:11 AM   #426
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
As long as the #words and #pages columns are populated in Calibre (use the Count Pages plugin for this) and you have metadata management set to automatic, the next time you connect the device to Calibre it'll sync to device and appear on the details page.

It works now.

Thanks for the reply.

Columns! This is one aspect of Calibre that for some reason my puny brain is having a hard time understanding. Do i need to create custom columns?

I am really at a loss when it comes to columns.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:14 AM   #427
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes. Preferences > Add your own column or right-click on the column header in the book list to access it.

Create two integer columns for words and pages. Then get the Count Pages plugin and you can select them:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-05-04 02_13_37-Customize Count Pages.png
Views:	749
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	193608
Old 05-04-2022, 01:20 AM   #428
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Yes. Preferences > Add your own column or right-click on the column header in the book list to access it.

Create two integer columns for words and pages. Then get the Count Pages plugin and you can select them:

Attachment 193608
I created two custom columns but the option to choose them on the dropdown doesn't appear

And where to set Automatic Metadata Management?

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 05-04-2022 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:29 AM   #429
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Here are screenies of what I did
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	added columns.png
Views:	621
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	193609   Click image for larger version

Name:	pages and words columns.png
Views:	138
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	193610   Click image for larger version

Name:	count pages plugin blank.png
Views:	133
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	193611  
Old 05-04-2022, 01:41 AM   #430
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
And where to set Automatic Metadata Management?
You need to set that in Preferences > Sending Books to Device. Very first dropdown.

Quote:
Here are screenies of what I did
They need to be set as Integer columns. You can't change column types once they're set, so delete the existing ones, restart Calibre (the 'apply' button will prompt you for this anyways), and make them again.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2022-05-04 02_40_12-Create a custom column.png
Views:	223
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	193612  
Old 05-04-2022, 01:41 AM   #431
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

[doublepost]

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-05-2022 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2022, 02:19 AM   #432
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
You need to set that in Preferences > Sending Books to Device. Very first dropdown.

They need to be set as Integer columns. You can't change column types once they're set, so delete the existing ones, restart Calibre (the 'apply' button will prompt you for this anyways), and make them again.
Thank you. I managed to do what you explained.

Now my question is, does this automatically count the pages and words in the epubs/kepubs i have in Calibre so that when i connect my device to it, my device will update the metadata with word and apge counts?

Thank you.
Old 05-04-2022, 02:23 AM   #433
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Not automatically, no*. You need to run the Count Pages plugin on the book so it'll fill those columns, then next time you connect it will upload those to your Kobo.

I suggest using Preferences > toolbars & menus to add Count Pages to your context menu. You can run it on multiple books at the same time.

*One exception: If you use the FanFicFare plugin, there's an option to automatically run Count Pages on downloaded fanfics.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-04-2022 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-04-2022, 02:26 AM   #434
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Not automatically, no*. You need to run the Count Pages plugin on the book so it'll fill those columns, then next time you connect it will upload those to your Kobo.

I suggest using Preferences > toolbars & menus to add Count Pages to your context menu. You can run it on multiple books at the same time.

*One exception: If you use the FanFicFare plugin, there's an option to automatically run Count Pages on downloaded fanfics.
Got it now. Thanks very much.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:23 AM   #435
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocketbook, kobo aura h2o, kobo forma, kobo libra color
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Since manually updating I've noticed that if I use the buttons to increase the brightness/colour or change the font size, then dismiss these functions by tapping on the screen, the next time I try to turn the page, the last function I was altering (for example, increasing font size) happens again. The page doesn't turn.
Huh. Didn't know that worked, just tried it. And it works correctly after closing the menu on my Forma.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release