Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 09:26 AM   #406
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niemand View Post
As I am in the same situation, let me ask for Juliende:

Is it possible to jailbreak a Kindle Oasis 2 with the firmware 5.9.2.0.1?

Kind regards
The situation has not changed in the past 22 hours.
Same question, same answer.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:48 AM   #407
PorridgePi
PorridgePi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017 (KOA2)
Hi Guys,
Just to ask a question (as I am curious), how did you all get the factory update file and how did you all jailbreak the kindle?

I am just 'impatient' (possibly) to jailbreak my KOA2 which is, sadly, at 5.10.1.
PorridgePi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2019, 10:48 AM   #408
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorridgeInc View Post
Hi Guys,
Just to ask a question (as I am curious), how did you all get the factory update file and how did you all jailbreak the kindle?

I am just 'impatient' (possibly) to jailbreak my KOA2 which is, sadly, at 5.10.1.
Bought it at the backdoor of the factory.
An employee only wanted 10 pounds of rice for it.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:27 AM   #409
PorridgePi

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Bought it at the backdoor of the factory.
An employee only wanted 10 pounds of rice for it.
Oh, wow! Hahaha!
Old 01-26-2019, 06:47 PM   #410
Propanolol
Propanolol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with trying to install the JB on my KOA2 and I'm hoping someone can help. I managed to gather the files from coplate's link and NiLuJe's snapshots.

I started with a 5.9.0.5.1 -> installed the 5.9.0.6 factory image from coplate's link.

I've been trying to install the factory JB form NiLuJe's snapshots, but not having any success. I placed the file (kindle-jb-factory-1.2-r15011.tar.xz) in the root, ran the command in the search bar (;installHtml). The screen flashes, it reboots, but I don't see the 'you are jailbroken' book. I've tried a few times and the Jailbroken book never appeared.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and sorry if there's a really obvious mistake that I'm making...
Propanolol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2019, 07:09 PM   #411
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propanolol View Post
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with trying to install the JB on my KOA2 and I'm hoping someone can help. I managed to gather the files from coplate's link and NiLuJe's snapshots.

I started with a 5.9.0.5.1 -> installed the 5.9.0.6 factory image from coplate's link.

I've been trying to install the factory JB form NiLuJe's snapshots, but not having any success. I placed the file (kindle-jb-factory-1.2-r15011.tar.xz) in the root, ran the command in the search bar (;installHtml). The screen flashes, it reboots, but I don't see the 'you are jailbroken' book. I've tried a few times and the Jailbroken book never appeared.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and sorry if there's a really obvious mistake that I'm making...
Read step 5 in the first message in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313086
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:13 PM   #412
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propanolol View Post

The *.tar.xz is the distribution form of an archive.
What you need is the CONTENTS of the *.tar.xz - which is why the directions on what tool(s) to use to unpack the distribution archive.
Inside, you will find another format archive - DO NOT unpack it, that is the one to put on your Kindle in the identical form you remove it from the *.tar.xz distribution archive.

Whenever in doubt, read and follow the directions.
Duh...
Old 01-26-2019, 07:22 PM   #413
Propanolol
Propanolol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Read step 5 in the first message in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313086
Aaah, I did a single extract but didn't realise I needed to do the double extract.

Thanks! All sorted now
Propanolol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:13 AM   #414
PorridgePi

Hi,

Can you all 'invent' a jailbreak for 5.10.1?

Thanks. I really wanna jailbreak my KOA2
Old 01-28-2019, 09:22 AM   #415
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorridgeInc View Post
Hi,

Can you all 'invent' a jailbreak for 5.10.1?

Thanks. I really wanna jailbreak my KOA2
Locate the serial port and then use that to do the jailbreak.
Please post the information if you find the serial port connections for the KOA or KOA2.

Note: both models are very difficult to open without destroying the screen.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:46 AM   #416
stmusic
Enthusiast
stmusic has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle
Where is serial port on Oasis 2 ?
Is it find it on board ?
stmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:26 AM   #417
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmusic View Post
Where is serial port on Oasis 2 ?
Is it find it on board ?
No one has reported finding it, if it even exists.

Possibly because also no one has been able to open the case without damaging the reader into inoperability.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:26 AM   #418
Hundebub
Hundebub began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (first Gen)
If I buy a new Oasis from Amazon, is it even possible to get a low enough firmware to jailbreak it?
Hundebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:43 PM   #419
nobodix
nobodix began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
If it's a new one, it's impossible. So you'll have to find a kindle in "second hand" that hasn't been updated for a very long time... Which is, in my opinion, very unlikely to be found (I've tried, but didn't succeed) .
nobodix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:17 PM   #420
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
In the notes section of the first post it says the Oasis is now shipping with FW that can’t be jailbroken, yet. But in the instructions to do the jail brake, an early action is to download and install a factory firmware that can be jailbroke.

I’m thing of getting a new Oasis and wondering if the factory firmware referred to in the instructions can be installed on a new Oasis?

Thank you.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, koa2