Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-25-2021, 04:15 PM   #391
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@LucyOne: Open a GH issue to keep track of it. It's probably related to the weird permission hackery going on in PB.

We "handled" it for unpack, but apparently *creating* the tarball is an issue, too...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:42 PM   #392
sonix
sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.

Device: PocketBook 626
Post Touch zones visualisation

Hello everyone,
is it somehow possible to visualize KOReaders touch zones? I mean not default ones, but user customized.
sonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2021, 12:58 PM   #393
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope, you'll have to math a bit (it's always a rectangle) .

Here's how the defaults look like, for example: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-736856442

In order of priority (hence the overlaps):

* Cyan: Corners
* Red: Footer
* Blue: Menus
* Green: Next page
* Yellow: Previous page

Note that, as far as page turns are concerned, these are specifically the *tap* zones. If you swipe to turn pages, that works across the whole screen, regardless of the tap zones.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-28-2021 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 02:44 PM   #394
sonix
sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.

Device: PocketBook 626
Thanks NiLuJe. I am going to play a little bit with math
sonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 06:14 AM   #395
HansPB
HansPB began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
Question koreader crash.log

Keep getting koreader crash.log file when starting up mu PocketBook Touch HD 3. I'm using version v2021.06. Note that koreader seems to work fine. I love it, especially for pdf files. Just wondering why this crash.log shows up everytime.
To me it is not clear from the content what the problem might be.

Thanx.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crash.zip (2.1 KB, 195 views)
HansPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2021, 06:26 AM   #396
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Nothing, it's just a log. But normally you don't go looking for it unless something happened, and then you know where to look. I assume that's the idea behind the name, anyway.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:00 AM   #397
HansPB
HansPB began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
Thanks Frenzie for the quick reply. Was already expecting that, as koreader works fine. However seeing a file called crash.log made me a bit nervous. I 'stumbled' over it because it was on my home screen as a new book, learned how to disable it from showing up on my home screen. Though now no longer visible it kept showing up in the applications/koreader directory. Hence the question.
HansPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:24 AM   #398
Vita56
Vita56 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 626 TL3
Cover image plugin

Cover image plugin saves cover images as bmp file with bit depth 24. But Pocket Book Lux 3 will only process images with 8pp bit depth as an off logo. It ignores images with bit depth higher than 8.
Would it be possible to modify the plugin to have an option "use 8 bit depth"?

Last edited by Vita56; 07-27-2021 at 11:29 AM.
Vita56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:14 PM   #399
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vita56 View Post
Cover image plugin saves cover images as bmp file with bit depth 24. But Pocket Book Lux 3 will only process images with 8pp bit depth as an off logo. It ignores images with bit depth higher than 8.
Would it be possible to modify the plugin to have an option "use 8 bit depth"?
Its author, @zwim, has been pretty active maintaining the plugin. Originally it was written for Tolinos (android). Feel free to open an issue on the issue tracker. Maybe he's interested in adding support for it. If not: patches welcome
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:09 PM   #400
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Looks like the latest version, 2021.09, broke font zooming. Text is stuck at one of the lowest settings.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:53 PM   #401
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Lykke: Where/when/what/how/why? ;o).

(More details, please, I have no idea what you're talking about :s).
Old 09-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #402
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Sorry, I should have tested more before posting.

Turns out it happens with only one of the books I've tested so far: Extinction Rebellion: This is Not a Drill (please don't judge). It was displaying fine before the update.
Picture: https://i.imgur.com/BiKEY71.jpg
The font is stuck on that size; changing the settings don't have any effect. When I took the picture the font was set to 44. Deleted the .sdr folder and retried, also re-copied the 2021.09 files to the device (manual install; OTA doesn't work for me).

Device: TL3
Old 09-23-2021, 02:45 PM   #403
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could you pull it through https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267998 and attach the file?
Old 09-23-2021, 03:18 PM   #404
Lykke
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Could you pull it through https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267998 and attach the file?
Here it is. :-)
Attached Files
File Type: epub This Is Not a Drill - Extinction Rebellion_scrambled.epub (6.03 MB, 143 views)
Old 09-23-2021, 04:36 PM   #405
Frenzie
Wizard

The font size seems to change for me. You could try renaming the .sdr directory to something else to see if the problem persists? (Preferably don't throw it away and attach it here if that solves the problem so we might potentially see which setting it was.)

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook