Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-27-2022, 01:00 PM   #391
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Do the bugs in 4.32 mostly seem centered around the Libra 2 and the Elipsa? It seems that way based on the posts I've read so far.
Between all my devices the only one that gave me issues was the Libra 2.

Sage - updated no issue
Libra 2 - required a second go at updating to get to 4.32
Forma 8gb - updated no issue
Forma 32gb - updated no issue
Aura H2Ov1 - updated no issue

I've not used any other than the Sage under 4.32 for a significant period of time. I've not had any major bugs with the Sage in that time.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 02:17 PM   #392
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
My Libra 2 has had no bugs on 4.32. My Sage has issues with buttons, though. They don't register the press always and it's gotten worse on 4.32.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2022, 02:23 PM   #393
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I've noticed that my Libra H2O's auto-rotate has been more fidgetey, but I have zero idea whether there's any firmware changes or whether it's just my tremours causing it to act up, lol. I might lock it to portrait view.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-27-2022 at 02:27 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:27 PM   #394
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
My Libra 2 has had no bugs on 4.32. My Sage has issues with buttons, though. They don't register the press always and it's gotten worse on 4.32.
My Libra 2 also has no problems. The firmware update from 4.30 to 4.32 went perfectly well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:41 AM   #395
Lemons
Enthusiast
Lemons began at the beginning.

Device: None
I did not know where to post this and had not wanted to make a new topic to clutter up the forms but I had hoped that this firmware would have fixed my issue, regardless it did not fix any of my issues and I am now on my not third but on my seventh device now, which is far to many if you ask me, granted they were not all the same ones.

The first three were Libra 2's all had issues putting books on it through Calibre
First one I could manage to put a good amount on it in batch's of say around 50
or up to 100 and let it import, despite the Forma being able to handle 2k+ at a time
It was annoying but manageable until reading the actual books as half way into one
chapter it would say connect the charger regardless if it was already 100%...All three
Libra's did this...

I gave up and went for Sage thinking that it would be better as I was thinking about it anyway, the fourth Ereader (Sage) did not even make it past starting up as it died right away during firmware update and never turned back on. And the 5th managed to put all the books on the device just fine it had no issues except for it would not connect to the pc after I put books on the device, nor would it hold any kind of charge regardless of leaving it plugged in

I decided to go back to Libra, this time trying the white version, the first one had the
same problems as the first three would not import books and when reading roughly a chapter in it would say it needed a charger again. I tried multiple cords includng the one it came with but nothing worked. I'm on the seventh device now and I'm just about to give up as it's doing the same thing but this one struggles to even put roughly even a handful of sidebooks in without crashing.

Last edited by Lemons; 04-28-2022 at 04:48 AM.
Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2022, 08:08 AM   #396
icanhardlyread
icanhardlyread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icanhardlyread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icanhardlyread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icanhardlyread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icanhardlyread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icanhardlyread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icanhardlyread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icanhardlyread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icanhardlyread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icanhardlyread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icanhardlyread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
And here I thought I had it bad. What steps have you taken to troubleshoot these issues? It seems highly improbable to me that 7 different devices all exhibit the same hardware faults, so something must be up on one or several different fronts.

Your issues with importing files has been reported by many people, especially on the 4.31 firmware, though some have reported it to happen occasionally on prior versions, as well as 4.32, IIRC. It seems to be a software issue.

I believe the same holds true for the computer not recognizing the Kobo - one thread (I believe the one for the 4.31 firmware) had a discussion about issues do to unclean (un-)mounting attempts. The consensus seemed to be that you should always unmount via Calibre or the Windows Explorer (rather than the icon in the system tray), to mitigate the issue. However, I don't know if that's actually confirmed to make a difference, and it probably doesn't count as a fix either.

More importantly, the fact that so many of your devices have battery issues is very peculiar. You said you've tried different cables, but what about different USB ports/computers? Do you use anything else to charge your Kobos, like cellphone chargers?
icanhardlyread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:12 AM   #397
Lemons
Enthusiast
Lemons began at the beginning.

Device: None
I have taken a few steps, down to even trying to re-create them on other devices- Aka Kobo Forma- Kobo Aura one. This is a bit long but I'll list the
things I have tried if it helps anyone, but honestly I'm returning the 7th and giving up on trying to make this work as it apparently is just not going to.

The first solution, I came up with was making sure it was not the books that were at fault, so I factory reset Aura one, Forma and tried .31 and .32 with said same methods, Aura one did have some issues but Forma had none at all and the one's Aura had I think were mainly down to that its rather old

After that I tried to reformat all said books in Kepub-Epub ect which that did make also no difference whatsoever and was just a waste of time as it was
practically the same results. The same goes for what you mentioned, I tried unmounting through Calibre, Windows and task bar with multi computers ranging from laptops to desktops to cell phone cords to cheap and also expensive cords even though it made no difference which I knew it wont.

It's always something else and never the same thing so I can't really narrow whatever is happening down as occasionally the Libra can process and then transfer 2,000 books just fine but when it comes to importing %, to make things clear what happens after you unmount aka doing whatever it is that it does that is were one of the main issue is. I've left it plugged in the entire time, and I've left it unplugged the entire time it does that which I found sometimes when its unplugged the % gets higher than plugged in before
it says connect me to a charger and fully shut's itself off, however whatever books it had been working on does get put on the device, sometimes its around 20-50 books sometimes its just two or three that it adds before it decides to quit. Also quitting is random as well that I've found by babying the device aka watching it almost every second to see what is going on..

If I could just get by doing 50-100 books or whatever it likes, that is annoying but it's possible but no, eventually it gets tired of this as well which is often around four or five times of unmounting remounting that Calibre will say ok now the device is not working, but when I repeat the method of putting a small handful of books it goes right back to working as if nothing had ever happened Sometimes when it does it will take hours to do even a small number of books, yesterday I had it take almost eight hours before it decided that it was not going to corporate anymore and that was with roughly 30 books.

As for the other issue, I found it's not quite the battery, as I just turn it back on and the battery is still the same % as it was when it decided to pop up saying I need a charger, even though it doesn't. I found leaving it plugged in for a long period of time helps with this, several hours after it is topped off the last thing I've tried was a fresh computer. Fresh windows 10, with nothing else really expect for Calibre and plug ins and without any plug ins but that seemed to have no effect as well. The libra seems to had have more issues than the Sage from what I saw, however the Sage was tolerant and it was not like it just decided not to connect to the pc anymore as it sounded. That was If I remember right after about 30-40 unmounts and I was close to almost putting all the books on it that it decided it wouldn't do this anymore and outright quit for good.
Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:53 AM   #398
GlenRunciter
Enthusiast
GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I can confirm that button behaviour for my Sage. It sucks.
GlenRunciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 10:50 AM   #399
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Has anybody else had instances of the font selector dropdown taking several seconds to open? I don't have any sideloaded fonts.
I have 5 sideloaded fonts and the dropdown takes about 1-2 seconds to show. Nothing I find bothersome, but then I'm used to the slowness of the Pocketbook interface.

After some days on the new firmware I'm happy to report that my Libra 2 seems more stable so far than in the previous firmware versions. No freezes on boot, and no seemingly random (but slightly rare) freezes during reading.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:17 PM   #400
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
I have 5 sideloaded fonts and the dropdown takes about 1-2 seconds to show. Nothing I find bothersome, but then I'm used to the slowness of the Pocketbook interface.

After some days on the new firmware I'm happy to report that my Libra 2 seems more stable so far than in the previous firmware versions. No freezes on boot, and no seemingly random (but slightly rare) freezes during reading.
This is my experience as well.

I have about 20 sideloaded fonts and the dropdown takes a couple of seconds. So it seems it's not the number of fonts that matters.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 02:02 PM   #401
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
The "secondary font" type feature in this update is brilliant. It has made some maths books I have in epub form usable for the first time! I had totally given up on them.
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 08:54 PM   #402
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
So, just had another thought about the webkitTextRendering, it could potentially be used to perform CSS injection in the body tag.

I mean, the relevant bit is
Code:
text-rendering: %3;
Where %3 is a string.

So, what's stopping something like
Code:
webkitTextRendering=optimizeLegibility;font-family:sans-serif;text-align:center
from working?

Note, I haven't tested anything, but I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work.
I've now tried this, and alas, it does not work.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:15 PM   #403
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Well, I just got a dreaded "database disk image is malformed."

Not sure what happened this time; I got the scan&fix prompt but chalked it up to connecting from within a kepub and went ahead and updated a few fanfics. But then noticed they hadn't actually updated. Then I re-connected and got the error.

Just out of curiosity, I ran an integrity check with SQLiteStudio:

Code:
"*** in database main ***
On tree page 28 cell 0: 2nd reference to page 41225
On tree page 41012 cell 0: invalid page number 41306
On tree page 41012 cell 66: invalid page number 41302
On tree page 41012 cell 65: invalid page number 41300
On tree page 41012 cell 37: invalid page number 41294
On tree page 40834 cell 72: invalid page number 41288
On tree page 40834 cell 66: 2nd reference to page 38178
On tree page 40834 cell 65: 2nd reference to page 38192
On tree page 37365 cell 1: invalid page number 41310
On tree page 16474 cell 0: 2nd reference to page 40406
On tree page 18178 cell 0: invalid page number 41292
On tree page 22622 cell 3: invalid page number 41305
On tree page 22622 cell 3: Child page depth differs
On tree page 22622 cell 2: Child page depth differs
On tree page 20452 cell 6: invalid page number 41304
On tree page 21031 cell 0: invalid page number 41299
On tree page 40763 cell 0: invalid page number 41308
On tree page 40763 cell 104: invalid page number 41298
On tree page 40763 cell 99: invalid page number 41291
On tree page 40763 cell 91: invalid page number 41287
On tree page 40763 cell 90: 2nd reference to page 38199
On tree page 27482 cell 1: 2nd reference to page 38062
On tree page 27473 cell 2: invalid page number 41289
On tree page 27162 cell 4: 2nd reference to page 35771
On tree page 32997 cell 6: invalid page number 41309
On tree page 32997 cell 5: invalid page number 41307
On tree page 31744 cell 3: 2nd reference to page 35772
On tree page 31651 cell 0: invalid page number 41296
On tree page 31641 cell 8: invalid page number 41297
On tree page 31641 cell 7: invalid page number 41295
On tree page 31641 cell 6: invalid page number 41293
On tree page 29991 cell 7: 2nd reference to page 38197
On tree page 29991 cell 6: 2nd reference to page 38201
On tree page 29991 cell 5: 2nd reference to page 38196
On tree page 29991 cell 4: 2nd reference to page 37767
On tree page 29202 cell 3: invalid page number 41303
On tree page 29202 cell 2: invalid page number 41301
Page 16018 is never used
Page 22632 is never used
Page 22633 is never used
Page 22634 is never used
Page 31678 is never used
Page 31679 is never used
Page 31680 is never used
Page 31681 is never used
Page 38879 is never used
Page 39673 is never used"
row 506 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_ShelfContent_1
row 511 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
row 512 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
row 513 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
row 514 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
wrong # of entries in index shelfcontent_datemodified_index

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-01-2022 at 09:34 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:32 PM   #404
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
I noticed that trnsitions from the last page in a chapter and the first oage if another chapter is slower in 4.32 than in 4.30.

I have to wait for a second or two for the pages to flip.

Normal page turns are normal speed though.

This is in kepub

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 05-02-2022 at 05:08 AM.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 04:10 AM   #405
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The 4.32.x on an original Kobo Aura HD H2O using kepub or epub is fine. I don't see a difference.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release