Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-16-2015, 04:27 PM   #391
Johann Cat
Johann Cat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kindle III; Kindle PWII; Boyue T62D; Onyx Boox i86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Very simple process install the firmware from the website then update to the latest version and factory reset.
Thanks for this.

I see various posts on changing stock ROMs, but I don't see a list of instructions pertaining to this particular situation. Can somebody point me toward a list of instructions as to how to flash the es ROM to the Boyue T62D device? I don't want to soft- or full- brick it by doing something half-aware.

I crave cook-book style instructions, etc.

Last edited by Johann Cat; 09-16-2015 at 06:25 PM.
Johann Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:24 PM   #392
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
@MarjaE:
Didn't know you don't have the device anymore. My questions were asked to see if it could be revitalized. So this is all theoretical.
Well, it's arrived back without repair. I know it doesn't have a cracked screen. it's on "Press Power to Wake Up," I'd forgotten about that.

If it were a cracked screen, it would show up as a disk.

If I were to flash it, it would have to show up as a disk, first.

Last edited by MarjaE; 09-20-2015 at 01:26 PM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2015, 01:49 PM   #393
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
If I were to flash it, it would have to show up as a disk, first.
Nope, it only shows up as a disk if allready booted.
To flash its enough to boot in bootloader mode. Press refresh button while plugging it into usb computer without switching it on. See forum posts to this topic, there are enough describing this procedere.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:40 PM   #394
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Nope, it only shows up as a disk if allready booted.
To flash its enough to boot in bootloader mode. Press refresh button while plugging it into usb computer without switching it on. See forum posts to this topic, there are enough describing this procedere.
Okay, thanks. It made a really nasty really loud high-pitched squeal when I did that.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:41 PM   #395
MarjaE
Guru

I unplugged it, charged it in another room, and installed adb on my mac following the directions here:

http://lifehacker.com/the-easiest-wa...-to-1586992378

It doesn't squeal this time, and adb doesn't work. I tried "adb devices" and got the response "-bash: adb: command not found"

apparently I've got to figure out where these tools were installed... huh?
Advert
Old 09-21-2015, 03:22 AM   #396
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
You don't need adb to boot into bootloader. Just press refresh and connect the switched off device via usb. But ... a "really loud high-pitched squeal" sounds like a hardware failure which couldn't be solved by a ROM update. To try if this is an unrepairable hardware failure, press refresh, hold it and gently press the reset button with a small pin (without connecting via usb). After some time the screen should change into the small android robot lying on his back (recovery mode). If not your device is probably dead.

Forgot one: Just to be sure, did you try to charge the device with an external charger?

Last edited by nhedgehog; 09-21-2015 at 03:54 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:35 AM   #397
MarjaE
Guru

I plugged it into a usb power adaptor so I could work on my computer and could charge it, with that squeal, at the same time, in another room. I know a lot of electronic devices make that squeal.

Screen hasn't changed snce July.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #398
NimS
NimS began at the beginning.

Device: T62+
so I broke my T62+ screen.. found a seeming replacement on aliexpress... had to switch lighting strip with old one (diff connector and more leds) replaced smoothly... but the lights needed to placed differently to spill over the screen properly... had to modify the plastic at the bottom of the screen... and then broke the screen doing it

So, do I buy another t62+, the c67ml that now has the same specs.. or wait for mythical T63?

What are peoples wise thoughts?
NimS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:21 PM   #399
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
You might also want to consider the two new 1448 x 1072 Tolino models recently introduced (and apparently available for sale). I haven't seen detailed specs or a hands-on review of them yet, but they do appear to be at least a possibility.

Addenda: (1) more detail specs may be found here, (2) it seems that Tolino devices may be Android-based, rather than open Android.

Last edited by Hrafn; 10-22-2015 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Addenda
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:24 AM   #400
NimS
NimS began at the beginning.

Device: T62+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
You might also want to consider the two new 1448 x 1072 Tolino models recently introduced (and apparently available for sale). I haven't seen detailed specs or a hands-on review of them yet, but they do appear to be at least a possibility.

Addenda: (1) more detail specs may be found here, (2) it seems that Tolino devices may be Android-based, rather than open Android.
ooh, they do look interesting! Yeah, would like more info too, doesn't seem they have micro sd capability...
NimS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:12 AM   #401
DarKHawK
DarKHawK began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I installed C67ML 1.73. Thanks to FOV.

The top bar is larger than the one on 1.72RC. Is that normal?

Also, have anyone tried the latest stock Boyue firmware compared to the C67ML 1.73?
DarKHawK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #402
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Magnify photos while reading - FBReader & T62+?

I installed FOV's firmware update for the Boyue T62+ (T62D-150929) and it has been working incredibly well. It finally goes to sleep reliably when it is supposed to, and the battery life is fantastic! Thanks FOV!

I have an unrelated question about photos. With my Kindle, I can tap on a photo and then magnify it, which fills the screen with the photo. With my Boyue T62+, it just puts it on a page by itself, but the photo stays tiny. (I compared the same books, with photos that I know are larger than the screen size.)

I am using FBReader, which looks great with the built-in font I chose, so I would prefer to use that if possible. Is there any easy fix for this?

Does Moon Reader or Moon Reader Pro handle photos more like the Kindle?
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #403
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
I installed FOV's firmware update for the Boyue T62+ (T62D-150929) and it has been working incredibly well. It finally goes to sleep reliably when it is supposed to, and the battery life is fantastic! Thanks FOV!

I have an unrelated question about photos. With my Kindle, I can tap on a photo and then magnify it, which fills the screen with the photo. With my Boyue T62+, it just puts it on a page by itself, but the photo stays tiny. (I compared the same books, with photos that I know are larger than the screen size.)

I am using FBReader, which looks great with the built-in font I chose, so I would prefer to use that if possible. Is there any easy fix for this?

Does Moon Reader or Moon Reader Pro handle photos more like the Kindle?
If you do a long press on the picture it will bring it up in a separate window where you can use pinch to zoom. This also works in Moon+, but you can go thru all the pics in the book using page up and down. In FB reader each picture is done separately. This is for epub - I've never tried with any other formats.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:24 PM   #404
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
If you do a long press on the picture it will bring it up in a separate window where you can use pinch to zoom. This also works in Moon+, but you can go thru all the pics in the book using page up and down. In FB reader each picture is done separately. This is for epub - I've never tried with any other formats.
Thank you. I feel silly. I had tried the pinch and zoom before the long press, and it made the text really big. Then it never occurred to me to pinch to enlarge after it was in a separate window.

Is there any way to turn the photo into landscape mode, by touch, when it's in a separate window without having to pull up the menu?
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:00 PM   #405
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Thank you. I feel silly. I had tried the pinch and zoom before the long press, and it made the text really big. Then it never occurred to me to pinch to enlarge after it was in a separate window.

Is there any way to turn the photo into landscape mode, by touch, when it's in a separate window without having to pull up the menu?
The menu is it as far as I know.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote