Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-10-2020, 09:04 PM   #376
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
new features:
Installed 5.5 and now it saves by default to the folder with the source epub, so glad you found how to do that.
And the nav page is not shown, at least on non-standard cruddy iBooks.

So thanks, and I'm sure many will find these as helpful as I do.

Last edited by AlanHK; 10-19-2020 at 06:51 AM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:52 PM   #377
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
This isn't a big problem but when I ran this plugin on my epub file I received this error:

Spoiler:
Code:
..converting:  CoverPage.xhtml  with manifest id:  CoverPage_xhtml
  Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 136, in launch
     self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
   File "C:\Users\slowsmile\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePub3-itizer\plugin.py", line 189, in run
     write_file(data, href, temp_dir, unquote_filename=True)
   File "C:\Users\slowsmile\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePub3-itizer\plugin.py", line 148, in write_file
     with open(fpath, "wb") as file_obj:
 FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\SLOWSM~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\tmpimsgfzg8\\OEBPS\\CoverPage.xhtml'
 Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\SLOWSM~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\tmpimsgfzg8\\OEBPS\\CoverPage.xhtml'

I noticed that OEBPS is referenced in the error. But when I created a zip file of my epub I found that it didn't contain an OEBPS folder but contained a folder named OPS instead. I generated my original epub using Jutoh.

When I had a quick look at the plugin.py file for the plugin I also noticed that the OEBPS folder is automatically added to the temp file in a function called write_file(). As far as I'm aware I think you can name that folder anything you like because when I ran Epubcheck on the original epub that gave this error in your plugin, there were no errors.

As I've mentioned, this problem is not really a big deal. To resolve it I just converted the epub to zip and just renamed the OPS folder and renamed the reference in container.xml to OEBPS and the plugin ran without a problem.

Last edited by slowsmile; 12-11-2020 at 10:43 PM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2020, 11:00 PM   #378
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Since your plugin.py line numbers do not line up with mine, I assume you are using a version of Sigil that is >= Sigil-1.0 but with an older ePub3-itizer version that did not support custom bookpaths yet.

Please try updating to the very latest epub3-itizer and try again with the OPS directory version instead of OEBPS version. Please post any error message with the new line numbers so I can see what is going on.

Last edited by KevinH; 12-12-2020 at 05:40 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 01:42 AM   #379
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
@KevinH...Updating to Epub3-itizer v0.5.5 did the trick -- it's working fine now. With thanks.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:41 AM   #380
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good to hear. Thanks
Advert
Old 12-15-2020, 10:06 AM   #381
Magess
Magess began at the beginning.

Device: web
I converted an epub2 to epub3 and now get these errors from epubcheck:

ERROR(NCX-001): 9781094414577_epub3.epub/OEBPS/toc.ncx(-1,-1): NCX identifier ("055C55CF-49B4-494B-877B-359A7F23C9B4") does not match OPF identifier ("urn:uuid:055C55CF-49B4-494B-877B-359A7F23C9B4").
ERROR(RSC-005): 9781094414577_epub3.epub/OEBPS/nav.xhtml(6,12): Error while parsing file: Element "title" must not be empty.

The identifier numbers are the same except for that prefix. What am I supposed to change?

The tags in the toc.ncx
<meta content="055C55CF-49B4-494B-877B-359A7F23C9B4" name="dtb:uuid"/>

The tags in the content.opf
<dc:identifier id="e" opf:scheme="UUID">055C55CF-49B4-494B-877B-359A7F23C9B4</dc:identifier>

This book previously passed epubcheck without getting an error.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about nav.xhtml because there is no such file listed in Sigil's book browser. Any advice there?
Magess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:10 AM   #382
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magess View Post
The identifier numbers are the same except for that prefix. What am I supposed to change?
Simply delete the urn:uuid: prefix in the .ncx file or add it in the .opf file.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:47 AM   #383
KevinH
Sigil Developer

The second error is the fault of ePub3-itizer as it creates the nav.xhtml which is needed for the epub3 version (it replaces the functionality of the toc.ncx).

That is a new error message. They are saying It should have an non-empty title but since it is machine readable and titles are not shown, I am not sure why this would matter but they are not treating it like a nav.

Are you running epubcheck on the epub3 version here or the epub2 version here before running ePub3-itizer?

I will probably just add a PlaceHolder text "ePub Nav" to the nav title attribute to prevent this error. In the meanwhile, open the epub3 version of the epub and edit the nav and in the head tag in the title tag place that text.
Old 12-15-2020, 10:54 AM   #384
Magess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
The second error is the fault of ePub3-itizer as it creates the nav.xhtml which is needed for the epub3 version (it replaces the functionality of the toc.ncx).

That is a new error message. They are saying It should have an non-empty title but since it is machine readable and titles are not shown, I am not sure why this would matter but they are not treating it like a nav.

Are you running epubcheck on the epub3 version here or the epub2 version here before running ePub3-itizer?

I will probably just add a PlaceHolder text "ePub Nav" to the nav title attribute to prevent this error. In the meanwhile, open the epub3 version of the epub and edit the nav and in the head tag in the title tag place that text.
I'm running epubcheck on the epub3.

Made the suggested change and it passes the check now. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2020, 11:48 AM   #385
KevinH
Sigil Developer

FWIW, I will change ePub3-itizer for the next release to extract the exact form of the opf unique identifier when converting the opf to epub3 format and use that when updating the ncx to epub3 format so that they will always match identically.

I will also add the "ePub Nav" title to the newly created nav.

Thank you for your bug report!
Old 12-15-2020, 01:13 PM   #386
KevinH
Sigil Developer

New ePub3-itizer Version Released v0.5.6

Hi All,

There is a new release of ePub3-itizer which fixes the following bugs:

1) add "ePub Nav" as title to newly created nav.xhtml
2) make sure NCX uid always exactly matches OPF uniqueid meta value

See the attachment at the end of the first post in this thread or visit my github site: https://github.com/kevinhendricks/ePub3-itizer
to download the new version of this plugin.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:28 AM   #387
Magess

Hello. I just tried to get a coworker up and running with the newest Sigil and the newest version of this plugin. She's getting an error I haven't encountered before that I'm guessing might be related to her using Big Sur? I don't have the newest MacOS version, so I can't test on my machine.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 141, in launch
target_script = __import__(script_module)
File "/Users/madisont/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/ePub3-itizer/plugin.py", line 35, in <module>
import tkinter
File "tkinter/__init__.py", line 36, in <module>
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so, 2): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl
Referenced from: /Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so
Reason: image not found
Error: dlopen(/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so, 2): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl
Referenced from: /Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so
Reason: image not found

Do you know what we should be doing to fix this?
Old 03-18-2021, 11:30 AM   #388
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magess View Post
Hello. I just tried to get a coworker up and running with the newest Sigil and the newest version of this plugin. She's getting an error I haven't encountered before that I'm guessing might be related to her using Big Sur? I don't have the newest MacOS version, so I can't test on my machine.
Did she install ActiveState's Active TCL?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 12:22 PM   #389
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Yes, all macOS machines must install that library in order to use the tk gui in python. The version that comes with macOS is quite old and buggy. According to the ActiveTCL license, I may not include it with Sigil itself on macOS.

I hope to include it in future versions of Sigil for macOS as I have built my own version directly from source without needing ActiveTCL.

Until then using the ActiveTCL installer is just easier for most people. It only has to be done once.
Old 03-25-2021, 01:58 PM   #390
Magess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
We did not. Thank you! I got this all running on my machine so long ago, I forgot there was another step and hadn't put it in our instructions.