Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #376
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton View Post
It didn't work when it first came out as apparently you had to have all the Google bits in place. Now that the rooting folks have Google and the Android market working (and I installed them) Google Books also works. I installed it right from the Android Market. I just can't figure out how to bring up the menu while reading a book.

Just as a side note since I try to respond to many questions.

I've been rooted since the beginning via the manual process. I've done each subsequent process manually as well. I'm familiar with what was working and what wasn't and the steps needed to correct issues.

I have to ask questions to understand where everyone is coming from.

I just tried...within a book I used SoftKeys (circle with the downward arrow) to bring up the menu (Change Font, Table of Contents, etc).

People have SoftKeys configured differently. How is yours configured to work. Meaning, do you use the "n" button or something else?

Last edited by SCION; 12-27-2010 at 03:42 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #377
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Button Savior

Krypto suggested Button Savior as a replacement for SoftKeys if one prefers something less obtrusive or can't configure it successfully.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/button-s...om.smart.swkey

I started using it today. It stays discreetly on the side of the screen and works great.

I still use SoftKeys when I want to access my recent tasks/apps. I can't part with this feature. Maybe I can find an app that does just that.
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #378
emt
Nameless Being

Button Savior Does That...

If you do a long press on the "Home" icon in Button Savior it shows the most recently used apps
Old 12-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #379
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
I had an old version of the Slingbox app, and it worked fine when I sideloaded it.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #380
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Yes I am running slingplayer v1.0 or at least I think that is the version
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #381
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
If you do a long press on the "Home" icon in Button Savior it shows the most recently used apps
Wow...bye bye SoftKeys

Old 12-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #382
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
hehe, thanks emt.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #383
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
I have my Softkeys set to only come up on a double-click of the N button. The soft back button on screen is off also.

You can't even tell it's installed unless you double click it.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:22 PM   #384
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
I have my Softkeys set to only come up on a double-click of the N button. The soft back button on screen is off also.

You can't even tell it's installed unless you double click it.
That's how mine was setup as well. I'm thankful that the app was made available shortly after root was possible. Certainly not ungrateful. I used it often so I'm glad that I can give that "n" button a rest by using Button Savior.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #385
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
How is button savior? Do you need to uninstall softkeys first?
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:50 PM   #386
SCION
Séduisant

No, you can try it out first. All you need to do is open the app once. It'll place itself on your screen.

You may wish to install Home Switcher (if you haven't already) to bounce around from your default launcher to the stock home screen and have removed SoftKeys.

Last edited by SCION; 12-27-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:50 PM   #387
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Thanks for the tip. Button savior is cool and can coexist with softkeys. When not used, button savior disappears off the right side of the screen only to instantly be brought up with a tap. very very nice
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #388
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Wow...bye bye SoftKeys

Continue reading book icon works all the time now! Even from ADW.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:13 AM   #389
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Here goes another "dumb" moment. I can't for the life of me get Button savior to work and don't know what I'm missing. Someone please help again.........

Maybe it's because I don't know where to "Requires USB Debugging enabled"?

Slowly I'm getting there (I think) but this is not as easy as rooting my phone was. Rather, rooting was easy, setting it up not so much.

Last edited by NoName; 12-28-2010 at 02:19 AM.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:16 AM   #390
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Has anybody managed to get Executive Assistant working? It'll install, but the app picker doesn't work, and the Widget settings screen is blank except for the check boxes so you don't know what options you're selecting.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote