Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 06:34 AM   #3871
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
When I edit in my metadata after downloading fics, it reverts back to being alphabetical sorted instead of being sorted as I've downloaded them, and I have the following in my personal.ini

Quote:
keep_in_order_ships:true
keep_in_order_category:true
keep_in_order_characters:true
Is it Calibre or the plugin?
Old 03-20-2015, 09:36 AM   #3872
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
It's Calibre's "fault" if these columns are defined as list-type columns, I think. You'll probably have to recreate them as simple string columns and then allow FFDL to insert the string containing the attributes with the original order.
Advert
Old 03-20-2015, 09:40 AM   #3873
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I kind of needed them to be list style, because I have icon rules based on the first name mentioned.

Do you know if there's a limit on the size of the personal.ini file?
Old 03-20-2015, 09:44 AM   #3874
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not any you would ever be able to realistically reach... why do you ask?
Old 03-20-2015, 09:46 AM   #3875
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I'm in the process of making a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long list of

Quote:
replace_metadata:
characters=>
for the FF.net site.
Advert
Old 03-20-2015, 09:53 AM   #3876
cryzed
Evangelist

Shouldn't be a problem as long as the parsed data in memory fits into the allocatable RAM size of the Python interpreter shipped with the 32bit Calibre version (4 GB theoretical limit, 2GB practical as far as I know) or the 64bit Calibre version (2^64 bytes, theoretically and practically unlimited). So... no, you won't ever encounter that problem -- it might slow some things down a tiny bit though, and make your configuration file very unreadable. The integrated (Scintilla?) Qt editor component might run into problems/slow-downs if it's just a huge line without any newlines. Well, just test it out for now, I would be really surprised if you encountered any actual problems.

Last edited by cryzed; 03-20-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:58 AM   #3877
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
When I edit in my metadata after downloading fics, it reverts back to being alphabetical sorted instead of being sorted as I've downloaded them, and I have the following in my personal.ini

Is it Calibre or the plugin?
If FFDL left them in the original order but they changed to alphabetical after you manually edit them in calibre, then it's pretty clear that calibre did it. That's part of 'tag'-like behavior. So as cryzed says, try using non-tag-like column types.

I've no idea what the personal.ini length limit might be, if there is one. It's never come up before. It's stored in the calibre library DB, which might impose a limit.

I doubt you'll have problems unless your settings start reaching novel length.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #3878
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

AFAIK Calibre does not reorder the tags in the database - but in some places it presents them in sorted alphabetically - eg the book list, book details, the order they're held in the database is shown in single metadata edit. See ==>> Sorting tags into specific order

I don't know what order they're presented in the template language list functions - I would guess order entered, but chaley would probably be the best person to ask - I'll give him a nudge.

BR
Old 03-21-2015, 02:00 PM   #3879
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
AFAIK Calibre does not reorder the tags in the database - but in some places it presents them in sorted alphabetically - eg the book list, book details, the order they're held in the database is shown in single metadata edit. See ==>> Sorting tags into specific order

I don't know what order they're presented in the template language list functions - I would guess order entered, but chaley would probably be the best person to ask - I'll give him a nudge.

BR
This is from memory as I am not near a computer to check. In templates multi-value fields are sorted. The raw_field template function returns the values in database order.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #3880
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Name Change?

Due to Google's recent decision to phase out code.google.com, the FFDL project code base is going to have to move to a new home (almost certainly github).

That shouldn't effect users very much, but it does make now a good time to discuss changing the name from FanFictionDownLoader (FFDL) to something else.

The reason is because the current name is very generic and there's another program at/called fanfictiondownloader.net. More than once, we've had users of fanfictiondownloader.net come to us looking for support for the other program.

So I'm looking for opinions on:

Should we change the name? And;

What should we change it to?

Please post your suggestions and/or vote for one of the names already posted. I plan to take a poll/survey in a while.

These are the names I've thought of so far:

Acronym names (preferably with pronounceable acronym):

D4FF: Downloader For FanFiction
DOFF: Downloader Of FanFiction
DLOFF: DownLoader Of FanFiction
TAFF: Tool for Acquisition of FanFiction
FAE: Fanfiction Addiction Enabler
FAET: Fanfiction Addiction Enabling Tool (pron: fate)
FAED: Fanfiction Addiction EBook Downloader (pron: fade)

Non-Acronym names:

Homage

FAED is my current favorite.

(I'm posting this in the calibre plugin forum, and the Google Groups user and dev groups.)

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #3881
cryzed
Evangelist

I am definitely for the name change, it sounds like a good idea -- a new start for a new home. When I suggested the rewrite of FFDL months ago (you might remember the exchanged private messages), I actually already had written quite a bit of the underlying framework for the adapter modules. The project name I saved it under at the time was Ficfare -- a composite word of the terms: "Fic" as in fiction or fanfiction and "Fare" as the fare in gastronomy (food) or in transportation (carriage, haul, load), which I thought was a neat combination of words that approximately conveyed what it was supposed to do, i.e. provide you with fiction for "nourishment" or help transport it to you, or you to it. Maybe think it over and let me know if you like it or not.

I am generally for a shorter, unique name that doesn't require an acronym to speak, talk or write about it.

Last edited by cryzed; 03-21-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:16 PM   #3882
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Calibre's FanFic Downloader = CFD ?
Old 03-21-2015, 03:22 PM   #3883
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
I like TAFF (which just happens to be my wife's nickname).
Old 03-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #3884
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I like TAFF (which just happens to be my wife's nickname).
Welsh? Your wife, not the PI - OTOH ... nah, indirect names bother some

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This is from memory as I am not near a computer to check. In templates multi-value fields are sorted. The raw_field template function returns the values in database order.
Thanks chaley, as you've seen my pure guess (no evidence) was database order - thankfully there was no skin in it.

Irrespective of which way it is normally -- the next question is, what will happen if the database is rebuilt from the opfs, will the original order be restored <grin> to the raw_field. And if so can that behaviour be guaranteed to remain so.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-21-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:33 PM   #3885
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@JimmXinu - as well as a name change - I wonder if this thread should be broken up someway, I often notice there are several unrelated conversations on foot.

No I don't have any viable suggestions on how - other than giving FFDL or its successor a subforum.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-21-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Closed Thread