28th March to 31st March 3 4.35%
1st April to 30th April 22 31.88%
1st May to 31st December 2009 21 30.43%
Never! 14 20.29%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #361
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
another light comes on at the end of the tunnel -

hoping this one has enough batteries to keep it alight .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #362
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Quote:
Firmware will come when it's done. Stop the endless flaming, it's annoying.
When it's done ... well, the last product associated with that term was "Duke Nukem Forever". By now we know what became of the game and the company.

Stop being apologetic about Bookeen. That's kinda annoying too, y'know.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #363
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
When it's done ... well, the last product associated with that term was "Duke Nukem Forever". By now we know what became of the game and the company.

Stop being apologetic about Bookeen. That's kinda annoying too, y'know.
Your point with duke nukem being ? Two totally differents situation. Firmware is pretty much done. Comparing a game a an e-reader firmware ? not the same thing AT ALL !

I'm seriously tiered of all the whining around. This forum is just whining and whining and whining and whining and whining all over the place. And really, it won't make bookeen goes faster.
You're not happy with bookeen ? Fine, go get another reader !

Last edited by EowynCarter; 06-20-2009 at 12:19 PM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #364
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I'm seriously tiered of all the winning around.
You all know how the saying goes: better stop while you're winning.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #365
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
I'm seriously tiered of all the winning around. This forum is just whining and whining and whining and whining and whining all over the place. And really, it won't make bookeen goes faster.
Well, maybe not. But it could make them spend more effort. Just waiting and not giving Bookeen any negative consequences definitely will not make it go faster.

Also newer customers need to know about there history so they can buy another reader and so they also will never trust promises about what will be in the next firmware (we are still missing a Bookeen official way to set the time and a time setting functionality was promised over one year ago).
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #366
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Also newer customers need to know about there history so they can buy another reader and so they also will never trust promises about what will be in the next firmware (we are still missing a Bookeen official way to set the time and a time setting functionality was promised over one year ago).
Setting time ? There is a time somewhere on the cybook ?
Maybe i should leave until the firmware shows up. I can't stand that anymore.

Quote:
But it could make them spend more effort
Don't know. Me, the more you yell at me to go faster, the slower i go. I hate being pushed.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 06-20-2009 at 12:33 PM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #367
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Quote:
Maybe i should leave until the firmware shows up. I can't stand that anymore.
Why didn't you say it right away that you never want to see us again.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #368
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
If Bookeen decided they will never release an update for Gen3, it wouldn't make sense to tell it to customers - but if they just keep saying it will be ready soon, they may get to a point where everyone buys something new (after a few years) and people stop asking.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #369
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Your point with duke nukem being ? Two totally differents situation. Firmware is pretty much done. Comparing a game a an e-reader firmware ? not the same thing AT ALL !

I'm seriously tiered of all the whining around. This forum is just whining and whining and whining and whining and whining all over the place. And really, it won't make bookeen goes faster.
You're not happy with bookeen ? Fine, go get another reader !

I did. I'm now running a BEBook using OpenInkpot software. It does everything that Bookeen claimed their Cybook Gen 3 would do before it came out. I still have the old CyBook, gathering dust, just in case the new software ever comes out. (I was one of the first purchasers to have one shipped to the US, and I still have a CYBook 1st gen reader.)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #370
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Setting time ? There is a time somewhere on the cybook ?
Yes, And you need to set it to make library books work. But I do not think you can find information about that on Bookeen's site. You can find it at the MR wiki. The method to set the time was a workaround and they said that in the next firmware update they would have a UI to set the time.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #371
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier

Quote:
Yes, And you need to set it to make library books work. But I do not think you can find information about that on Bookeen's site. You can find it at the MR wiki. The method to set the time was a workaround and they said that in the next firmware update they would have a UI to set the time.
Does this mean that cybook is capable of displaying time as a clock?
Old 06-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #372
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
Does this mean that cybook is capable of displaying time as a clock?
No, Maybe the planned but never released UI contained this functionality.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #373
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier

Quote:
No, Maybe the planned but never released UI contained this functionality.
But the hardware is there, it just wasn't implemented yet, right?
Old 06-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #374
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
But the hardware is there, it just wasn't implemented yet, right?
Maybe not. I think the clock is reset every time you turn the Cybook off so I would guess that the hardware is really not there.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #375
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier

Quote:
Maybe not. I think the clock is reset every time you turn the Cybook off so I would guess that the hardware is really not there.
Thanks for your answer.
This is really a shame. It would be a nice feature. I hate it when I have no clock at hand and I have to get up from bed to check what time it is.