Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-16-2016, 12:17 PM   #361
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Brooklyn's advanced search just started working.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 01:18 PM   #362
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSE Raiser View Post
Starting last night, I could no longer use the search function. Has this happened to anyone else? It occurs at both Brooklyn Public Library and Philadelphia Free Library. Of course, Overdrive help is no help. I received a canned answer to clear my history and cookies. Been there, done that, no change.
BPL does seemed messed up to me. I typed in "stephen king" and click search, and it says it searched for "stephen". I than type in "stephen king" and select "stephen king" from the drop down/suggestions, and again it says it searched for "stephen". I than click search ("stephen king" is in the text box), and the search looks correct.

John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2016, 04:10 PM   #363
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSE Raiser View Post
Starting last night, I could no longer use the search function. Has this happened to anyone else? It occurs at both Brooklyn Public Library and Philadelphia Free Library. Of course, Overdrive help is no help. I received a canned answer to clear my history and cookies. Been there, done that, no change.
This morning, none of them worked, now, both of them do.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:16 PM   #364
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
BPL does seemed messed up to me. I typed in "stephen king" and click search, and it says it searched for "stephen". I than type in "stephen king" and select "stephen king" from the drop down/suggestions, and again it says it searched for "stephen". I than click search ("stephen king" is in the text box), and the search looks correct.

Boston Public Library is working fine. I can easily search for Stephen King.

BPL = Boston Public Library
BPL does not stand for any other library.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #365
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BPL, in my post, stood for Brooklyn ... ; that is what the poster was asking about. Pay attention.
Advert
Old 12-16-2016, 06:46 PM   #366
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
BPL, in my post, stood for Brooklyn ... ; that is what the poster was asking about. Pay attention.
I am paying attention. I saw that you used BPL incorrectly. The URL for Boston Public Library is bpl.org hence why if you use BPL for any other library, you have it wrong. Now it's your turn to pay attention.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:52 PM   #367
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I am paying attention. I saw that you used BPL incorrectly. The URL for Boston Public Library is bpl.org hence why if you use BPL for any other library, you have it wrong. Now it's your turn to pay attention.

Brooklyn is also BPL. http://www.bklynlibrary.org/about and http://www.bklynlibrary.org/about/welcome-bpl
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:35 PM   #368
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Out of curiosity I googled "BPL" and "library" and found numerous libraries which either have "BPL" somewhere in their URL or refer to themselves as "BPL" somewhere on their website. The following are from just the first few pages of Google search results - I'm sure there must be many more.

www.bpl.lib.me.us/
www.mybpl.org
www.bplonline.org/
www.bpl.bc.ca/
www.bpl.us/
https://www.bpl.on.ca/
http://www.billingslibrary.org/356/MY-BPL
http://bportlibrary.org/bpl-library-card-applications/
http://www.bettendorflibrary.com/rea...w-items-at-bpl
http://www.burlington.lib.ia.us/311/...-Library-Board
http://www.bienvillelibrary.org/About-BPL.html
https://www.laserfiche.com/feature/b...s-library-bpl/
http://www.bozemanlibrary.org/news/news.php?newsID=710
http://www.benzonialibrary.org/history-of-bpl.html
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:57 AM   #369
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Same here. I didn't realize I had 2.0.6 until a library download failed. Fortunately everything worked after reverting to 2.0.1 which I was still able to obtain from Adobe.

Thanks for everyone's help.
i just got that exact issue 1.72 bugged out. 2.067532 bugs out. those are the only 2 I had to hand. completey wiping the ADE contents folder in mY docs did not help.
so I am at the E STREAM error stage.
from where do I grab an old but working version please. I read bad things about v3, v4 so I want to stay wtih a v2 release if possible
update. the 2.0.1 here
http://www.adobe.com/support/digital...downloads.html
worked, but how long until that breaks also
do we yet know why the others broke but this one did not ?

Last edited by stumped; 12-17-2016 at 02:02 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:49 AM   #370
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Out of all those supposed BPL libraries, Boston Public Library was first so it gets the BPL moniker. The rest don't count when using the name BPL.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:06 AM   #371
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

I tried it again this morning, at BPL, and the search worked fine.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:08 AM   #372
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
I tried it again this morning, at BPL, and the search worked fine.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:40 AM   #373
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Out of all those supposed BPL libraries, Boston Public Library was first so it gets the BPL moniker. The rest don't count when using the name BPL.
so are you going to make it your personal mission to notify all those other libraries that they cannot refer to themselves as BPL?
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:49 AM   #374
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Jon, how about a compromise: How about BPLNY (for Brooklyn Public Library)?
Old 12-18-2016, 12:47 PM   #375
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Jon, how about a compromise: How about BPLNY (for Brooklyn Public Library)?
That's actually perfect.