Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-02-2023, 05:24 AM   #346
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Question: At the end of the year, I will be changing my autoadd tag to readinggoal:2024. Will the books with readinggoal:2023 remain on the goal?
Yes. The autoadd option never deletes anything.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 02:08 PM   #347
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Hello @thiago.eec, I'm telling you a question I have.
I have Calibre linked to goodreads but I don't use the reading process, so when I finish reading a book in my calibre I have a status column that will say Read.
Create a custom column for the reading process that depends on the Status column, if it says Read it puts 100 and determines it in numbers.
But I see that I am not taking well the number of books for the month of November.
What could be causing the problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	noviembre1.png
Views:	80
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	205022   Click image for larger version

Name:	noviembre.png
Views:	97
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	205023   Click image for larger version

Name:	noviembre3.png
Views:	77
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	205024  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2023, 07:07 AM   #348
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Hello @thiago.eec, I'm telling you a question I have.
I have Calibre linked to goodreads but I don't use the reading process, so when I finish reading a book in my calibre I have a status column that will say Read.
Create a custom column for the reading process that depends on the Status column, if it says Read it puts 100 and determines it in numbers.
But I see that I am not taking well the number of books for the month of November.
What could be causing the problem?
Hi, @duhill.

I assume your 'goodreadtags' column has multiple values (tags-like), right? Then your template might fail because it compares the whole value of the column. So, if you only have 'Leído' in this column, it will work, but if you have multiple values, like 'Bueno, Leído', it fails.

Check if your '#progresos' column is really showing '100' for all the five books. If not, you can correct it changing 'switch_if' for 'in_list':
Code:
{#goodreadtags:'in_list($, ',', 'Leído', '100', '')'}
P.S.: The above function still has a small problem... if the searched string is part of a larger string, it still matches (e.g.: it would match 'Leídoo' too). Since I'm not very good with the template language, I can suggest something using the Python Mode that will work perfectly, although it might look more complicated:

Code:
python:
def evaluate(book, context):
	if book.get('#goodreadtags'):
		if 'Leído' in book.get('#goodreadtags'):
			return '100'
		else:
			return ''
	else:
		return ''
I'm not sure about the performance difference, though.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 12-04-2023 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-17-2023, 10:10 AM   #349
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Thank you so much thiago for this great PI!
I love these statistics at the end of the year.

Name:	calibre_FDLOI28o0A.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	205285

Name:	calibre_8HDG1QgnnY.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	205286
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 11:47 AM   #350
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I assume your 'goodreadtags' column has multiple values (tags-like), right? Then your template might fail because it compares the whole value of the column. So, if you only have 'Leído' in this column, it will work, but if you have multiple values, like 'Bueno, Leído', it fails.

I only manage three values that depend on which Goodreads shelf the book is on: 'I want to read', 'Reading' and 'Read'

Check if your '#progresos' column is really showing '100' for all the five books. If not, you can correct it changing 'switch_if' for 'in_list':
Code:
{#goodreadstags:'in_list($, ',', 'Leído', '100', '')'}
All books read in '#progress' Column shows '100'
Check if your '#progress' column actually shows '100' for all five books.

with the three formulas mine and the two suggested by you

But the graph cannot reflect reality.
I'll try restarting the plugin configuration from scratch.

Thanks for your answers
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2.png
Views:	43
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	205298  

Last edited by dunhill; 12-17-2023 at 12:09 PM.
Advert
Old 12-17-2023, 12:04 PM   #351
dunhill
Guru

Achieved!!
I have uninstalled the plugin, removed it from the configuration folder, restarted Calibre and everything works as expected.
Thanks for the plugin and for the answers given, it seemed strange to me that I was the only one with this problem
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.png
Views:	57
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	205300  

Last edited by dunhill; 12-17-2023 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:53 PM   #352
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Thank you so much thiago for this great PI!
I love these statistics at the end of the year.

I'm glad you like it!

Quote:
with the three formulas mine and the two suggested by you

But the graph cannot reflect reality.
I'll try restarting the plugin configuration from scratch.

Thanks for your answers
Are you sure those books were added to your 2023's goal? Do they appear on the 'Edit reading goal' window? What shelf are they listed on?

Quote:
When I deleted the challenge I got this error

Code:
ERROR: Exception not considered: <b>KeyError</b>:'Annual'
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 1465, in remove_challenge
     del data['summary']['challenges_dict'][name]
         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^
KeyError: 'Annual'
Could you please post a screen capture of your Challenges window?
Also, please describe the steps to get the error, since I cannot reproduce here. The Annual challenge is supposed to be read-only, so you should not be able to delete it (the delete button is disabled). Nonetheless, it seems like you manage to do so (or at least tried to).
Old 12-17-2023, 01:56 PM   #353
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Could you please post a screen capture of your Challenges window?
Also, please describe the steps to get the error, since I cannot reproduce here. The Annual challenge is supposed to be read-only, so you should not be able to delete it (the delete button is disabled). Nonetheless, it seems like you manage to do so (or at least tried to).
Don't worry since I uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled everything works wonders.
Thank you so much !
Old 12-17-2023, 02:27 PM   #354
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Don't worry since I uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled everything works wonders.
Thank you so much !
Glad to hear it worked out.
Old 12-22-2023, 11:18 PM   #355
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
How does unfinisheds migrating to the next year work?

Will it move over completely, and the 2023 record removed? Or remain in both years?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-22-2023 at 11:27 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 07:09 AM   #356
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
How does unfinisheds migrating to the next year work?

Will it move over completely, and the 2023 record removed? Or remain in both years?
If you have the migrating option enabled, it will work like this:
  • Books on your 'Want to Read', 'Reading' or 'Rereading' shelves will be added to your 2024's goal
  • Pages already read in 2023 won't be accounted for your 2024's goal
  • If a book is marked as 'Abandoned', it will not be migrated
  • 2023's records will remain untouched in all those cases

The database migration will be automatic when you first interact with the plugin in 2024. But there is one manual step needed: since the plugin does not change your calibre library, you'll need to change the date for the migrated books in your library. The plugin will mark them for you.
Old 12-31-2023, 06:30 AM   #357
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I'm suddenly getting this error when opening Statistics. It was working a day or two ago. Edit Reading Goal still opens as expected.

Code:
calibre, version 7.2.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ZeroDivisionError</b>:division by zero

calibre 7.2  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 7, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 7, 0) && Action Chains (1, 18, 20) && Baen (1, 1, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 2) && CalibreSpy (1, 0, 92) && Comments Cleaner (1, 12, 0) && Count Pages (1, 13, 4) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 6, 6) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 5) && EpubMerge (2, 17, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 6, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 30, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 4) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 3) && GetFileName (0, 2, 0) && Goodreads (1, 7, 9) && Import List (1, 9, 1) && Job Spy (1, 0, 239) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 7, 0) && From KFX (2, 7, 0) && KFX Input (2, 7, 0) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 13) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 7) && Last Modified (0, 8, 5) && Manage Series (1, 5, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 2) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 96) && Obok DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Open With (1, 8, 1) && Overdrive Link (2, 57, 0) && Quality Check (1, 13, 6) && Reading Goal (1, 2, 3) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && Search The Internet (1, 10, 4) && SmartEject (2, 5, 0) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 3) && View Manager (1, 10, 2) && Walk Search History (1, 5, 3) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 57, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 218, in manage_reading_goal
  File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 2793, in statistics_main
  File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 2703, in statistics_tree
ZeroDivisionError: division by zero
Attached the reading goal backup in case needed. Would appreciate deletion after download, thanks.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-31-2023 at 12:59 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 07:35 AM   #358
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
I’ve had the same. It’s calculating the remaining days which is 0 today. Guess what, you can’t divide by zero 😬

This only affect the statistics view, if you check out the other views it should be fine.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 09:59 AM   #359
thiago.eec
Guru

Hi guys

I'll fix this asap.

P.S.: You can delete it, @ownedbycats
Old 12-31-2023, 12:29 PM   #360
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The olde Year end roll over issue strikes again. (it is a pretty common oversight. )
I got a call because things stopped working after Y2K. The client had been assured that there was code to handle that from the app author. Yep, there was code... not tested and done wrong (took me about 5 times stepping thru with the debug to finally see the error and 10 seconds to fix it)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote