Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2018, 02:13 PM   #346
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
Regarding Nickel's Default and Inverted mappings: Am I right in believing that the setting only applies to the portrait modes?
Indeed it does (i.e., in Landscape, no matter the mapping, the button that ends up on the right is always bound to next page).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-30-2018 at 03:27 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:40 AM   #347
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Plato 0.6.3

I've released 0.6.3.

This release adds proper support for the Forma.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2018, 10:22 AM   #348
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@baskerville: Regarding the pageturn buttons, here's the hold/repeat setup:

Code:
Key repeat handling:
  Repeat type 20 (EV_REP)
    Repeat code 0 (REP_DELAY)
      Value    400
    Repeat code 1 (REP_PERIOD)
      Value     80
Confirmed via evemu:

Code:
E: 0.000001 0001 00c2 0001      # EV_KEY / KEY_F24              1
E: 0.000001 0000 0000 0000      # ------------ SYN_REPORT (0) ---------- +0ms
E: 0.399807 0001 00c2 0002      # EV_KEY / KEY_F24              2
E: 0.399807 0000 0000 0001      # ------------ SYN_REPORT (1) ---------- +399ms
E: 0.479836 0001 00c2 0002      # EV_KEY / KEY_F24              2
E: 0.479836 0000 0000 0001      # ------------ SYN_REPORT (1) ---------- +80ms
E: 0.559785 0001 00c2 0002      # EV_KEY / KEY_F24              2
E: 0.559785 0000 0000 0001      # ------------ SYN_REPORT (1) ---------- +80ms
E: 0.639814 0001 00c2 0002      # EV_KEY / KEY_F24              2
E: 0.639814 0000 0000 0001      # ------------ SYN_REPORT (1) ---------- +80ms
E: 0.719785 0001 00c2 0002      # EV_KEY / KEY_F24              2
E: 0.719785 0000 0000 0001      # ------------ SYN_REPORT (1) ---------- +80ms
E: 0.799818 0001 00c2 0002      # EV_KEY / KEY_F24              2
E: 0.799818 0000 0000 0001      # ------------ SYN_REPORT (1) ---------- +80ms
E: 0.879811 0001 00c2 0002      # EV_KEY / KEY_F24              2
E: 0.879811 0000 0000 0001      # ------------ SYN_REPORT (1) ---------- +80ms
E: 0.959782 0001 00c2 0002      # EV_KEY / KEY_F24              2
E: 0.959782 0000 0000 0001      # ------------ SYN_REPORT (1) ---------- +80ms
E: 1.039820 0001 00c2 0002      # EV_KEY / KEY_F24              2
E: 1.039820 0000 0000 0001      # ------------ SYN_REPORT (1) ---------- +80ms
E: 1.119782 0001 00c2 0002      # EV_KEY / KEY_F24              2
E: 1.119782 0000 0000 0001      # ------------ SYN_REPORT (1) ---------- +80ms
E: 1.199819 0001 00c2 0002      # EV_KEY / KEY_F24              2
E: 1.199819 0000 0000 0001      # ------------ SYN_REPORT (1) ---------- +80ms
E: 1.250045 0001 00c2 0000      # EV_KEY / KEY_F24              0
E: 1.250045 0000 0000 0000      # ------------ SYN_REPORT (0) ---------- +51ms
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:18 AM   #349
stevenam
stevenam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
The search function is great, but not really always helpful for a guy who put books in different folders for different categories like me. Can you provide a folder browsing function like in CoolReader?
stevenam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:53 PM   #350
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenam View Post
Can you provide a folder browsing function like in CoolReader?
The directory hierarchy within the library path is imported as categories.

If you tap on a category, in the top grey bar, Plato will:
  • Filter out the documents that don't have the selected category.
  • Display the category's children.
Advert
Old 01-16-2019, 03:19 AM   #351
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Poke 2, PocketBook Verse Pro (634)
Running on an original H2O with no issues. I like the interface and can live with much of its simplicity but no dictionary function is a sad loss and the apparent inability to quickly navigate footnotes is killing me. Here's hoping those are on the development plan.

An impressive piece of work.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:28 AM   #352
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Quote:
The directory hierarchy within the library path is imported as categories.
I am sorry to jump in, but I had the same issue when I tried to accommodate with Plato.

Let us suppose that the root library folder has ten sub-folders. Each one of these has ten sub-folders. So, there we have ten folders on level 1 and 100 folders of level 2. All the books are inside these 100 folders.

How am I seeing the categories? Do I see 110 categories merged alphabetically in one list? This is how I made sense of it. If this is what is happening then this is really unusable as a mechanism to see or simulate the folders structure of the library.

Thank you indeed for the excellent work on Plato.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:20 PM   #353
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
I like the interface and can live with much of its simplicity
What are you missing from the other interfaces?

Quote:
but no dictionary function is a sad loss
This feature is planned (and was requested several times).

Quote:
and the apparent inability to quickly navigate footnotes is killing me.
You should be able to go back from a footnote by tapping the top left corner.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:35 PM   #354
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Let us suppose that the root library folder has ten sub-folders. Each one of these has ten sub-folders. So, there we have ten folders on level 1 and 100 folders of level 2. All the books are inside these 100 folders.

How am I seeing the categories? Do I see 110 categories merged alphabetically in one list?
No, what you see is the list of the ten categories on level 1.

If you select a category, its (direct) children will appear (a category on level n+1 is rendered at a smaller font size than a category on level n).
Old 01-16-2019, 03:56 PM   #355
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
i like Plato more then Koreader, thanks for Plato.
But i have one question do you intend to make a version with an option for adding some weight to the fonts (to darken a font a bit). And is it only me but when switching to plato red light filter, on KA1, add some red light although in light settings it shows 0?
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:58 AM   #356
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Poke 2, PocketBook Verse Pro (634)
@baskerville

Q - What are you missing from the other interfaces?

A - My "would like to haves" are: clock and current reading progress (% or page) on the main screen. I accept that these are purely personal preferences.

As to footnotes - apologies for the lack of detail in my previous post. The problem I am having is that, unless I increase font size to the maximum, I cannot get Plato to register my touch on the footnote link. With my normal reading font size, neither KoReader nor Kobo's own reader have any issue with recognising the touch to go to the footnote - perhaps they have a bigger zone to register a footnote link touch?
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:02 AM   #357
Name28
Enthusiast
Name28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo_glo, Kobo_glo_HD
Smile

Hello. Thank you very much for Plato! Works fast, looks good. But I have some question, please help with that. My device is Kobo Glo HD.
1. How to minimize/remove margins of the page ? I tried that "em"s from the right side, and the numbers from the left side, but did not work for me.
2. Is it possible to make it show the status (progress and left battery charge)on the bottom and the title of the book on the top (please see the picture) always while reading?
Thank you.
Spoiler:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2018-Dec-21_044515.png
Views:	674
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	169160  
Name28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #358
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
Do you intend to make a version with an option for adding some weight to the fonts?
If I was to implement this feature, I would rely on OpenType Font Variations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
And is it only me but when switching to Plato red light filter, on KA1, add some red light although in light settings it shows 0?
I'm afraid you'll have to be more explicit for me be able to reproduce the problem.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:02 PM   #359
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Quote:
I'm afraid you'll have to be more explicit for me be able to reproduce the problem.
Just like i said.
KA1, patched. installed with one click installer. i don't use natural light, so it is turned off, and it is nonetheless setted to 3am(and off) , but on opening plato from a home screen does automatically sets natural light on then to +1, then off, and shows it is 0 in plato light setings.
So i can notice little redish screen and can't do anything about that,
When i come back to nickel, it is turned off and shows +1, but it is off-no redish screen.

Last edited by forster01; 01-18-2019 at 04:05 PM.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:33 PM   #360
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Name28 View Post
1. How to minimize/remove margins of the page ?
I tried that "em"s from the right side
That's the line height.

Quote:
, and the numbers from the left side, but did not work for me.
The ePUB's CSS might be setting some padding–margin on the body element.

Quote:
2. Is it possible to make it show the status (progress and left battery charge) on the bottom and the title of the book on the top always while reading?
It isn't.