Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-10-2024, 05:51 PM   #3451
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
It was one of the great days of my life when I realized I didn't need to wear a watch at all, because when don't I have access to the time? I hate having things on me.

TPBM has relatives of another race.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 07:13 PM   #3452
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Not that I know of. Pure local peasant stock. So are all the in-laws I know.

(That said, my dad was a long-distance seaman for more than 30 years, so I may have half-siblings in other countries... including in Southern Africa, where he was stationed for a couple of years).

PBM looks very similar to one of their parents.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2024, 07:29 PM   #3453
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
A bit of a resemblance to my father though I missed his nose (the Roman nose that looks suitable for splitting logs).

The PBM has an analog clock in their home.

Looking at poohbear-nc's last post reminded me of my first digital watch around 1980. A Sensor TriLite watch which I liked but the XYL insisted I remove in dark theatres since the backlight was always on.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-10-2024 at 07:33 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 07:55 PM   #3454
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Several in fact - including a mini grandfather clock that chimes.

TPBM has lots of family photos on the walls.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 07:57 PM   #3455
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Several, in fact. In every room and in the kitchen. I'm nearsighted and I like having analog clocks with large displays in my home.

PBM likes to read lying down.
Advert
Old 06-10-2024, 11:32 PM   #3456
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Not really. I find sitting a better position for handling a book/e-reader.

TPBM enjoys swimming in the ocean.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 11:59 PM   #3457
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Only where it get's warm enough. I don't enjoy having to wear a wetsuit to swim.

The PBM loves shellfish.
Old 06-11-2024, 12:45 AM   #3458
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Delicious.

TPBM loves raw oysters and claims.
Old 06-11-2024, 09:14 AM   #3459
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Prefer them roasted/baked.

TPBM can't stand tuna fish.
Old 06-11-2024, 04:27 PM   #3460
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Not my favourite fish.

The PBM loves a good seafood boil.
Old 06-11-2024, 04:27 PM   #3461
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

I'm not particularly fond of fish as a food at all, but I can eat it if I have to, including tuna.

(I do love shrimp, though).

PBM likes mushrooms.
Old 06-11-2024, 08:26 PM   #3462
poohbear_nc
Now what?

OK on a pizza

TPBM always uses 2 slices of bread to make a sandwich
Old 06-11-2024, 09:05 PM   #3463
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

I stopped eating bread. Not because of gluten issues.

TPBM rereads childhood favorites on occasion.
Old 06-11-2024, 09:54 PM   #3464
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Rarely. Most of my childhood favorites have been reread so many times that I can no longer muster enough interest in them. There are a couple I do still reread occasionally, though (they're adult books, but I read them for the first time when I was a child).

PBM has no indoor plants.
Old 06-12-2024, 12:05 AM   #3465
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Actually, we have a few but they are on life support. My spouse has a purple thumb. Her current project is a Snake plant or Mother-in-Law Tongue plant.

The PBM enjoys looking at other people's gardens.