Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #331
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I've updated the beta file on this post.

New: Now copied META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt forward across update as well. Also fixes Add New problem.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #332
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I've (again) updated the beta file on this post.

New: Using the Add New dialog, you can now specify a chapter range to download. This is done by adding the chapter range in [] after the URL, like so:

http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=129565[1,2]

There's actually four forms you can use:

Explicit begin and end:
http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=129565[1,2]

Begin specified, end assumed to be end of story:
http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=129565[2,]

End specified, begin assumed to be start of story:
http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=129565[,2]

One chapter only:
http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=129565[2]

Only works on new or overwrite, not on update.

Updates to epubs with missing beginning chapters will result in bad stories. This is a power-user feature for those will to put their fingers a bit closer to the buzz saw.
Advert
Old 05-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #333
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta now also includes Ida's fixes for dokuga.com.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #334
SleepSeeker
SleepSeeker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Hi, I just love this plugin. I've been looking for a long time for a way to add fanfics to my reader. I have noticed something as I'm adding fanfics. Don't know if this is implemented already, I looked but didn't find it.

But for sites where you have to log in each time a story is added, I'm wondering if a feature can be added where you can put your login details into an option setting and that way each time you add a story from that site, it can just send the login details in Automatically, instead of typing it in manually each time.

Thanks for any comments you might send my way
Old 06-02-2012, 12:01 AM   #335
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepSeeker View Post
But for sites where you have to log in each time a story is added, I'm wondering if a feature can be added where you can put your login details into an option setting and that way each time you add a story from that site, it can just send the login details in Automatically, instead of typing it in manually each time.
Glad you like it.

Yes, that's already implemented. Go 'Configure Plugin', 'personal.ini' tab. You can put 'is_adult:true' under [defaults] to affect all sites that only ask 'are you an adult' and a username and password in the section for each site you have an account on. Something like:

Code:
[defaults]
is_adult: true

[www.twiwrite.net]
username:YourUser
password:YourPass
Click the big 'View Defaults' button at the bottom of the personal.ini tab to see all the available options.

(If you are also an author posting stories, you might consider using a different account to download just to not have your password stored in cleartext.)
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #336
SleepSeeker
SleepSeeker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thanks! I saw that section but didn't really understand it. I appreciate you going into detail on how to do that.

Edit: So far I have noticed it doesn't have 1 site on there, that i need to put username/password. Maybe because it's a newer site you have added. Just wondering if it's okay, if i add the site to personal.ini? Using the same format you have done with other sites?

The site, i noticed is dramione.org. So going by the others, I would imagine i would put it in like this.

(dramione.org)
#username:YourUsername
#password:YourPassword

How does that look? and is it okay to put in? Thanks for any help

Last edited by SleepSeeker; 06-02-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #337
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Code:
[dramione.org]
username:YourUsername
password:YourPassword
[] not () and remove the # at the start--that's a comment indicator.

Jim
Old 06-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #338
morantis
Zealot
morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Good job, I love the way that development is all over the place now.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #339
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
Just to let you know, Fanfiction.net seems to have changed their code and now none of the updates/downloads are working.
~ Aleyst
Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #340
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I see the same problem. Unfortunately, I'm away from my normal dev resources until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #341
paegan
paegan began at the beginning.

Device: Various Android Devices
Temp Alternative for FFN stories

as an alternative if you're in a hurry and want to d/l ffn's stories you can use:

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...rom=getfirefox
Greasemonkey: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../greasemonkey/
and
ffn Story Export: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/33325

I used to use this before gettin the FFD plugin and it's been updated to match the new code. Not as good as FFD but better than nothing.

The script MAY also work in Chrome as it's supposed to have built in support for GM scripting but I can't guarantee that 1 ....
Old 06-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #342
jeaterod
Member Retired
jeaterod began at the beginning.

Device: iphone-stanza
flagfic.com also still working for fanfiction.net
Old 06-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #343
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version 1.5.27 - 05 Jun 2012

Fix for fanfiction.net's latest changes.
Allow chapter range after URLs in Add New.
Preserve META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt on epub update.
Option to only create/overwrite cover on new, not update.
Make thehexfiles.net accept www.thehexfiles.net too.
New site: www.ik-eternal.net by Ida.

As usual, there may be a delay before calibre notices the new version. You can get the latest by going in and telling calibre to install it again.

Jim
Old 06-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #344
TrulyInnovative
TrulyInnovative began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Version 1.5.27 - 05 Jun 2012

Preserve META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt on epub update.
This works great now, thank you!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:48 AM   #345
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
Quote:
In case it hasn't been noticed yet, fanfiction.net looks like they are supporting covers now as well!
I stand corrected, the new layout made me think they were doing covers, and it was only the author cover art .

Also I got a " u'begin' " error when I tried "overwrite always" on a fic. I tried both a fic from fanfiction.net and fimfiction.net and got the same error.

Last edited by jackr; 06-06-2012 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Mistake about covers
Closed Thread