Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #331
Michiko
Michiko began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It's just possible that you might see something like this if you weren't using the 0.06 version of MobiDeDRM. But I'd expect the problem to be more a few characters here and there, rather than whole sentences.

Check the original and see if it has the same problems.
Nope, That is not the problem. I have already read the book. I was trying to convert it because I was wanting to switch my PC files to a hand held device that requires a different format. Its all very strange and I can't seem to figure it out. Maybe I'm not using the correct version of MobiDeDRM as I wasn't aware there was more then one.
Michiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #332
adamselene
Enthusiast
adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch, Kindle 2
I reimplemented huff/cdic compression in Python, using a few tricks to speed it up. It runs about 25x faster than mobihuff.py on my machine.

While I was at it, I also:

* implemented support for uncompressed and Palmdoc-compressed .mobi files
* wrote a correct version of trailing data support
* avoided keeping the whole document in memory, massively reducing memory usage (~10MB vs ~183MB on my largest test file)

http://www.mit.edu/afs/user/m/y/mycroft/mobiunpack.py

PLEASE NOTE that this program is only for decompressing unencrypted Mobipocket files. It does not do anything with DRM.
adamselene is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #333
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Interesting, but your link gives me a 404
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #334
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
He's also got a new thread with a correct link.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61986

http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/user/m.../mobiunpack.py

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal
Interesting, but your link gives me a 404

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-12-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: found other thread
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:46 AM   #335
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
HELP!

I am receiving the following error message for one book:

Error: invalid encryption type: 0

Can anyone tell me what this means? I have had some good success before this so not sure what this means. Thanks in advance for any guidance provided.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2009, 03:48 AM   #336
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think it means the book isn't encrypted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
I am receiving the following error message for one book:

Can anyone tell me what this means? I have had some good success before this so not sure what this means. Thanks in advance for any guidance provided.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #337
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
This ebook is DRM-free, just rename it from .azw to .mobi.

Note that most DRM-free ebooks now have the following under Product Details:
Quote:
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #338
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
The books is already in mobi format, however, when I put it on my K2, it does not open the book.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #339
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The books is already in mobi format, however, when I put it on my K2, it does not open the book.
If you were doing something like mobidedrm book.prc book.mobi PID, then book.mobi probably got created but it will be zero length. In this case, put the original book.prc on your Kindle.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:45 AM   #340
Tom2112
Tablet eReader
Tom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, iPad, Dell Streak 7, Moto RAZR MAXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I just checked pastebin.com and, if you search for mobidedrm it comes right up
Sweet! Version 0.06 is up there.
Tom2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:46 AM   #341
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Can anyone tell me what the message "string output out of range" means when using mobidedrm?

I have several books that I purchased that won't de-drm, so I can't put them onto my Sony to read. If pressed I suppose I could read them off my computer, but that would suck.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #342
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Can anyone tell me what the message "string output out of range" means when using mobidedrm?
There were several reports of this error with version 0.02, but not with recent versions.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:50 AM   #343
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Lightbulb mobiDeDRM 007

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia View Post
it isn't working on my mac.
Strange - unlike the ePUB scripts the mobipocket scripts work fine on a Mac inside the Terminal. Actually it is even better then Windows since the Mac comes with Python pre-installed.

What exactly did you type into the Terminal.

BTW: I have not tied it yet but there is a new mobiDeDrm007 which can be used as a calibre plug-in. Now that sounds promising for all those with a terminal phobia.

Ok no direct links but a look at the www.mobipocket.com Forum Index » Suggestions might be helpful. Thinking that the thread has been started "Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:41 am" and is still on-line....

Martin
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #344
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Calibre plug-in? Neat.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #345
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
Calibre plug-in? Neat.
It is. Wish there was one for pfd and epub, as well. Hint, hint

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 01-05-2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: repeat
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, drm, formatting, mobipocket