Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #316
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Okay, given your report, you never had the fonts hack installed (or at least you removed the linkfonts directory after uninstalling it), so that's good .
NiLuJe -- I'm currently running the fonts hack (4.4) on a Jailbreak 0.6. It sounds like I should avoid the Collections plugin for now? I'd like to try it, I find using my Kindle to manage collections klunky at best, but no way I want to mess up anything with my existing hacks. (I much prefer Diavlo to the default sans serif font on my K3 (B006). And on the K2i, it is absolutely essential. (I find the default font on the K2 downright ugly.)
Old 03-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #317
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
The change made to the plugin won't cause any problems with existing hacks - it simply creates a 'reboot' file when saving the collections that only the hack software does anything with.
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #318
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
@CRussel - I am using the Kindle Collections plug-in as well NiLuJe's hacks. Everything is working great.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #319
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, there's no issue whatsoever with this plugin and my hacks.

EDIT: The quote you pulled refers to the fact that if you happen to have a stray linkfonts folder while the Fonts hack is *not* installed/enabled, the reboot feature of my patch for the plugin won't work.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-11-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #320
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Great, thanks for the confirmation, NiLuJe. It just wasn't clear from your earlier queries in the thread.
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #321
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, I just realized I can easily fix that shortcoming (and only drop a reboot file if there's actually something to take care of it running), I'll update the previous post once that's done...

EDIT: Done. Patch/Zip updated in the previous post (pg. 20).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-11-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #322
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.4.0 released!

RENAMED to Kindle Collections
  • You must remove the old version 'Create Kindle Collections' before installing this one (customizations are preserved)
    Use the GUI or run: customize-calibre -r "Create Kindle Collections"
  • Once installed, you must add the icon "Kindle Collections" back to the toolbar (go to Preferences->Customize the Toolbar)
REQUIRES Calibre 0.7.48

See the first post in this thread to download and install the new version.

There are a lot of updates in this version - its a major rewrite of the code with many new features and bug fixes. For a complete list of changes see the version history in the first post, which has been fully updated to reflect the new version.

The highlights:
  • A new toolbar icon
  • Uses Calibre's live data for collection names - no need for Automatic Management
  • View or Edit existing Kindle collections - also manage Kindle-Only collections via the plugin
  • Improved report information - no need for debug mode
  • Sort order for Collections matches Kindle 3
  • Supports multiple Calibre libraries and Kindles
  • Restore previous version of collections file
  • Includes NiLuje's collection renaming, suffix, and fast hack reboot support

I'd appreciate any feedback, especially if something doesn't work as you expect, or you have suggestions for improvement, or if its just working well for you

Last edited by meme; 03-11-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #323
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

HUGE HUGS to meme and NiLuJe for this. Question: do I need to note the customization on my old plug-in and replicate when I add the new one or will the new one take the settings automatically?

I think the answer will be that one must re-customize the plug-in but wanted to ask the question nonetheless.

Last edited by chilady1; 03-11-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Cause I don't read = NEVERMIND! You already answered my question.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #324
meme
Sigil developer

The new version should migrate the old customization information. Removing the old version will not remove the old customization file.

It won't hurt to run preview and save a copy of the settings to a file, especially for the first few people trying it
Old 03-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #325
meme
Sigil developer

FYI - new minor version tomorrow to fix a couple issues NiLuJe found (minimum not working, report format utf-8 encoding).
Old 03-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #326
chilady1
I devour books!

Download new version of Kindle Collections and all I have to say is:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This plug-in ROCKS! Retained all my settings from the previous plug-in, no issues. When I preview the Collections, the order is so clear and very well laid out. The new functionality to manage the Collections is clear and easy.

I just can't express to you in words how grateful I am to have finally in one application the ability to do everything!

Thanks to meme and NiLuJe for all the hard work on this. It looks and works beautifully!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:29 AM   #327
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
I just can't express to you in words how grateful I am to have finally in one application the ability to do everything!
Thanks.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #328
meme
Sigil developer

Version 1.4.1 released

Updated the first post in the thread with version 1.4.1 to fix a bug in ignoring collections that didn't meet the minimum count, and to add some encoding to reports/titles to hopefully avoid errors when displaying certain characters.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #329
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@meme: I'm seeing a few encoding glitches (no errors this time, so it's not really a big problem) where I'm actually seeing the special characters in UTF-8 instead of my local encoding (iso8859-15) (ie. é instead of é).

From my first quick checks: In the debug console (collection names), in the 'View collections' panel (collection names), in the 'Edit collections' panel (collection names in the 'collections' combobox, Titles in the 'Title' field).
Old 03-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #330
meme
Sigil developer

Yes, those are exactly the items I updated to use UTF-8 encoding to match the report encoding. I still have a bit to figure out with encoding. I was seeing special characters for one file, although it was doing this either way. I'll do an update to remove the extra codes after looking into it.
Closed Thread