Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 04:44 AM   #316
joneall
joneall began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen
Frustration mounting

I'm jealous of you who are discussing how to use python. I still can't find the bloody scripts! I've fallen on something called pastebin which just wants me to install some sort of pasteit program. What the Sam Hill is that? Other sites want me to download via a torrent. Now my understanding of a torrent is that I have to let others download the same stuff from my computer and I sure as you-know-what do not want to open my computer to others, so maybe I've misunderstood that too.

I've also fallen on links that lead to nowhere, of course.

Can anybody give me a recipe or at least a hint?

Frustration, frustration, frustation.
joneall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:08 AM   #317
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneall View Post
Can anybody give me a recipe or at least a hint?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...43816&p=413080
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 05:09 AM   #318
joneall
joneall began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen
Ktorrent

I have just discovered something on my Kubuntu JJ system which might do the affair, Ktorrent. But I can't find a torrent site I can use without signing up and paying. I thought this stuff was supposed to be free! What gives?
joneall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:29 AM   #319
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneall View Post
I still can't find the bloody scripts! I've fallen on something called pastebin
The best place to start to look for copies of the MobiDeDRM python script is in the responses to DarkReverser's Weblog. The latest version is 0.05, which came out in December, so start with responses since then.

Pastebin is a site for posting source code. Typically you click download and you get a text (.txt) file. For a python file you would rename from .txt to .py. Under Windows, make sure you are seeing the filename extension. After the renaming the file should be identified as a python script (yellow and blue icon).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #320
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotache View Post
I can't get the Prt Sc key to work. Here is a copy and paste of the screen.

C:\Python26\Tools\scripts>mobidedrm.py age.prc age2.prc "xxxxxxxxxx"
MobiDeDrm v0.01. Copyright (c) 2008 The Dark Reverser
Removes protection from Mobipocket books
Usage: mobidedrm infile.mobi outfile.mobi PID

C:\Python26\Tools\scripts>mobidedrm age.prc age2.prc "xxxxxxxxxx"
'mobidedrm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Python26\Tools\scripts>mobidedrm002.py age.prc age2.prc "xxxxxxxxxx" MobiDeDrm v0.02. Copyright (c) 2008 The Dark Reverser
Usage:
mobidedrm infile.mobi outfile.mobi PID

C:\Python26\Tools\scripts>mobidedrm002.py age.prc age2.prc xxxxxxxxxx
MobiDeDrm v0.02. Copyright (c) 2008 The Dark Reverser
Usage:
mobidedrm infile.mobi outfile.mobi PID

C:\Python26\Tools\scripts>
Ok, how on earth do you get to C:\Python26\Tools\scripts in the python command line?

Never mind, I was using the wrong command line. I think I got it.

Last edited by phenomshel; 05-30-2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: duhhhh
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2009, 01:17 PM   #321
BookishMom
Connoisseur
BookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheese

Device: K1, K2, and iPad. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The best place to start to look for copies of the MobiDeDRM python script is in the responses to DarkReverser's Weblog. The latest version is 0.05, which came out in December, so start with responses since then.

Pastebin is a site for posting source code. Typically you click download and you get a text (.txt) file. For a python file you would rename from .txt to .py. Under Windows, make sure you are seeing the filename extension. After the renaming the file should be identified as a python script (yellow and blue icon).
Look for the link in the January responses, or PM me and I'll try to find it again and send you a link. And when you download the file, make sure you do as the previous poster stated and change it to the .py extension. Also, I after I ran the script through Python, I had to change the name of the file to mobidedrm (instead of the number it downloaded as) for the script to work to convert my ebooks (otherwise I got a "mobidedrm isn't a command message" or somesuch message).

I hope this makes sense.
BookishMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:43 AM   #322
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I think you'll find that it helps to use the magic incantation f31e88df6; or googling the incantation might help.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #323
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
This guy usually has good scripts posted:

http://darkreverser.wordpress.com/2008/02/13/new-blog/
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #324
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
This guy usually has good scripts posted:

http://darkreverser.wordpress.com/2008/02/13/new-blog/
So far as I can tell the version offered on the blog is the 02; googling the incantation above will get you the 05 version.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #325
GrimmReaper
GrimmReaper began at the beginning.

Device: All readers on desktop/HP iPAQ, Bookshelf on iPhone, iPad or HP tablet
I got through recently with f16546831 and will try tonight.

I all I want for Christmas is to be able to use them on my iPhone (since I recently switched from Mobile Windows at the behest of my wife).
GrimmReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:56 AM   #326
3wheels
3wheels began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
After trying trying and trying, finally I got it.

I wuold like to share my experience:

I am using winxp, have some drmed-ebooks which I can read by mobilepocket reader on my PC.
First, I tried the newest version of mobidedrm.py (I mean ver. 05). And it didn't work, I indicated "invalid PID number" or "invalid PID checksum" over and over. Even when I try to follow your advices (somethings like put in single quote, cut off the 2 last number etc...).

I also tried to modify the ver. 02 code as pdurrant adviced. But it didnot help. Actually, it indicated some errs at the line I added.

So, I returned to use the original of ver. 02. It worked well.

And I noted that I'd had a stupid mistake before I succeeded.

If you change the file name (say mobidedrm02.py) I have to change the command also. In this case (mobilededrm02.py) you have to use the command "mobidedrm02 inputfile.prc ouputfile.prc PID" instead of "mobidedrm inputfile.prc outputfile.prc PID".

If you just follow the instruction (like me ever done), "mobilededrm ..." then you will got the same error over and over.

Thanks all of you for many advices and exciting feelings.
3wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:32 AM   #327
Michiko
Michiko began at the beginning.

Device: None
After some research and a lot of reading I figured I would give it a go. I THOUGHT I finally figured it out. I was able to strip(using Python) and convert a prc file using Calibre but when I opened it, bits and pieces were missing. A sentence here and a sentence there. All looked fine until you start to read. So instead of continuing to play around with it I though I would ask what I did wrong. Any Suggestions?
Michiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:03 AM   #328
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, you can read the original book. For me, the only book with that problem was because the original had the same problem.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:29 AM   #329
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It's just possible that you might see something like this if you weren't using the 0.06 version of MobiDeDRM. But I'd expect the problem to be more a few characters here and there, rather than whole sentences.

Check the original and see if it has the same problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko View Post
After some research and a lot of reading I figured I would give it a go. I THOUGHT I finally figured it out. I was able to strip(using Python) and convert a prc file using Calibre but when I opened it, bits and pieces were missing. A sentence here and a sentence there. All looked fine until you start to read. So instead of continuing to play around with it I though I would ask what I did wrong. Any Suggestions?
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #330
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post

I just checked pastebin.com and, if you search for mobidedrm it comes right up
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, drm, formatting, mobipocket