Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 04-10-2021, 03:23 PM   #316
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBlend View Post
Thanks for the quick response! However, unfortunately, that still didn't work. I tried the version you sent:
body { text-align: left !important }
I also tried it with a semicolon:
body { text-align: left !important; }
Neither had any effect.
Did you try what he told you to do, just like he said?
Code:
* { text-align: left !important }
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 04:37 PM   #317
CrazyBlend
CrazyBlend began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Hey!!! That was it! Great!!!

I misunderstood kovidgoyal's message: I thought he was using the asterisk to denote a correction to my own command, as people sometimes do in IMs. I didn't realize the asterisk was actually part of the command.

Thanks for setting me straight!
CrazyBlend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2021, 02:19 AM   #318
duns
Connoisseur
duns began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBlend View Post
Thanks for the quick response! However, unfortunately, that still didn't work. I tried the version you sent:
body { text-align: left !important }
I also tried it with a semicolon:
body { text-align: left !important; }
Neither had any effect.
But did you try with the exact code suggested (that is "*", and not "body")?
duns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:16 PM   #319
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by duns View Post
But did you try with the exact code suggested (that is "*", and not "body")?
Good thinking, but this was already stated 6 days ago.

I hate it when I answer a question then go to the next page and see that someone beat me to it by almost a week.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 05:31 AM   #320
echej
echej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello everyone!

I have a question: when using the 2-pages view of the Calibre reader, how can I change the margins on the left and right of the viewer window, but not in the middle, when the pages meet?
echej is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2021, 05:58 AM   #321
echej

And how do I add spacing between paragraphs? When I open the same book in foliate instead of calibre viewer it has spacing between paragraphs
Old 04-30-2021, 06:07 AM   #322
echej

By paragraph I mean <p class="calibre_14">
Old 04-30-2021, 07:13 AM   #323
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot have different width margins. And if you want to force spaces between <p> tags use the styles settings in the viewer preferences

p { margin-bottom: 1rem !important }
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 02:28 PM   #324
Jyktrea
Jyktrea began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre,Moon Reader
Hello

I had been using the old version of Calibre, but with my migration to W10, I have lost my steelsheet for the viewer.

Can anyone send their steelsheet for me to test ?

I will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance !
Jyktrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:04 AM   #325
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyktrea View Post
I had been using the old version of Calibre, but with my migration to W10, I have lost my steelsheet for the viewer.

Can anyone send their steelsheet for me to test ?

Since most everything can be set in the viewer preferences my style sheet is incredibly sparse and is no good to anyone. In it are small adjustments based on my background image. That said, here it is.

p {
margin-left: 1.25em !important;
margin-right: 1.15em !important;
}
body {
margin-top: 0.15em !important;
}
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:48 PM   #326
belyjmedved
belyjmedved began at the beginning.

Device: macbook
* { text-align: left !important } worked for me, but this is the only command that did any effect from all I tried.

Could you, please, give me a magic line to change the line spacing? I really need it and only it.
belyjmedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:57 PM   #327
belyjmedved
belyjmedved began at the beginning.

Device: macbook
I tried these four different options, none of them has made any difference to the text
* { line-spacing: 3.8; !important }
* { line-spacing: 3.8 !important }
body { line-spacing: 3.8; !important }
body { line-spacing: 3.8 !important }
belyjmedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 10:41 PM   #328
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by belyjmedved View Post
I tried these four different options, none of them has made any difference to the text
* { line-spacing: 3.8; !important }
* { line-spacing: 3.8 !important }
body { line-spacing: 3.8; !important }
body { line-spacing: 3.8 !important }
Where did you find "line-spacing" as the CSS property you wanted to modify? I've seen line-height used as ( * {line-height: 1.10; } ) but I've never seen line-spacing.

I would suggest using Google or equivalent.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 07:09 PM   #329
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Can this work for line spacing?

p {
line-height: 300%;
}

Last edited by dunhill; 08-13-2021 at 08:42 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 08:06 PM   #330
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Can this work for line spacing?

p {
line-height: 300%;
}
Yes but why would you want every paragraph to be triple spaced? Though I have seen similar techniques used to boost page counts in Kindle Unlimited books. You might also want to add a !important after the 300%.

p {
line-height: 300% !important;
}

Last edited by DNSB; 08-14-2021 at 08:08 PM. Reason: added suggestion to add !important after 300%
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote