Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-22-2020, 06:39 PM   #316
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@JimmXinu -- Only if it's easy and you have the time and inclination:

Could you add a Apply current view option. I only need a keyboard shortcut for it. No need for it in the drop down menu, the currently checked view can be clicked/selected. And no need to bind it to a key sequence -- I'd only change it

After moving columns or using header sort I'd use it to get back to where I was.

Oh, I would want the shortcut to work for all views in all libraries - if I had to bind the same sequence for each library, that's would okay too.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:48 PM   #317
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
That.... sounds both useful and easy. How strange...

Test Version Attached

2020-10-22
- Add 'Re-Apply Current View' action. Only available when a view has been previously applied.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-30-2020 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2020, 08:16 PM   #318
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is using "jump to top" while re-applying view (it also happens when manually selecting the current view) supposed to rapidly select and then deselect the first book in the list? The flash is a tiny bit distracting.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:22 PM   #319
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Is using "jump to top" while re-applying view (it also happens when manually selecting the current view) supposed to rapidly select and then deselect the first book in the list? The flash is a tiny bit distracting.
Code:
        if view_info.get(cfg.KEY_JUMP_TO_TOP,False):
            self.gui.library_view.scroll_to_row(0)
            self.gui.library_view.set_current_row(0)
I thought set_current_row() would also scroll to the top, but it didn't for me, so we do both.

I don't see a flash, but Qt is a fickle beast. Your mileage varying is no surprise.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:35 PM   #320
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I use dark mode so maybe it's just more noticeable there. Unless you also use dark mode.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2020, 10:38 PM   #321
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

No, but I still don't see it in calibre 64bit on Win10.

Unless there's a functional issue, I'm going to ignore it.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:14 AM   #322
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@JimmXinu -- Only if it's easy and you have the time and inclination:

Could you add a Apply current view option. I only need a keyboard shortcut for it. No need for it in the drop down menu, the currently checked view can be clicked/selected. And no need to bind it to a key sequence -- I'd only change it

After moving columns or using header sort I'd use it to get back to where I was.

Oh, I would want the shortcut to work for all views in all libraries - if I had to bind the same sequence for each library, that's would okay too.

BR
Thank you, that's something I have to do usually after Find Duplicates
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:25 AM   #323
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That.... sounds both useful and easy. How strange...

Test Version Attached

2020-10-22
- Add 'Re-Apply Current View' action. Only available when a view has been previously applied.
Goodness - I thought it would only be useful to me - thanks a bunch.

I'll check it in the morning after I install the new calibre.

But if TdeM says its OK that's good enough for me.

BR
Old 10-23-2020, 07:53 AM   #324
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:

BR
I need to install the calibre beta to test come chaley changes - so I installed this new version - works fine for me - thanks again.

BR
Old 10-23-2020, 08:13 AM   #325
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:

BR
Tested in calibre 4.23, I've not upgraded yet. But it works (I've already used some times )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:02 PM   #326
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Tested in calibre 4.23, I've not upgraded yet. But it works (I've already used some times )
My test was with the official 5.3

BR
Old 10-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #327
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Test Version Attached

2020-10-30
- Apply persist_shortcut to view actions when Calibre >= v5.4 so view shortcuts aren't discarded as easily. Calibre PR #1246

2020-10-22

Last edited by JimmXinu; 11-02-2020 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 10-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #328
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Version 1.5.9 beta works for me in 5.4.2

But I don't have any view specific shortcuts, probably because they would sometimes get lost. But the Re-apply current view feature and shortcut is all I need, it's one of those 'how did I survive for so long without this' features

BR
Old 11-02-2020, 01:00 AM   #329
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocketbook, kobo aura h2o, kobo forma, kobo libra color
I think I may have found a bug in 1.5.7

If I add a new saved search, it doesn't show up in any of the pull downs in View Manager until I quit calibre and restart it.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 01:28 PM   #330
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

VM calls calibre.utils.search_query_parser.saved_searches() each time the VM config dialog is opened.

That method appears to be caching it's results now and giving VM the same list each time. Or else it's not using the same Saved Search cache as the rest of Calibre?