Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-01-2023, 03:48 PM   #316
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Version 1.0.55 - 2023-03-31 No API: Life-Support Replacement for API that requires a Key since December 2022.

This version only populates: DDC; LCC; FAST Tags.

The creation of an LC Genre based on LCC or DDC also works, of course, as long as DDC or LCC are populated.

Worldcat.org also requires an API key, since the same folks who own Classify own Worldcat. So, the other metadata obtained from Worldcat is not available.

There are zero guarantees as to the lifespan of this life-support version. The same folks who require the API Key might decide to further limit access to old-fashioned webscraping without notice.

DaltonST
Can confirm that – for now, at least! – ISBN-based automatic FAST tags are working once again.

Even if they take steps to block this workaround: thank you a ton for developing this plugin in the first place.
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 05:28 PM   #317
SidJnsn
SidJnsn began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 8
Outstanding! Thank you.
OCLC finally responded to my request yesterday and provided this address for key requests: OCLCCustomerSupport@oclc.org I requested one key for all Calibre LC users, but I'm not holding my breath on that one since we are open source. Alternative request was to allow each user to have a key. We'll see.
SidJnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2023, 10:43 PM   #318
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Version 1.0.56 Major changes to the new webscraping-based version of LC

Version 1.0.56 - 2023-04-01 Streamlined the new "no Classify API", webscraping-based version of LC, to also remove deprecated functions requiring the now-unusable 'Worldcat API'. New: added the creation of 3 Identifiers: OCLC-OWI; OCLC-WORLDCAT; VIAF_AUTHOR_ID. LC Customization revised to be consistent with both of the previous. ToolTips of the latter updated accordingly.

It is highly recommended that you visit the LC Customization menu option to verify your desired settings.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lc_20230402.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	200748  

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-02-2023 at 07:46 AM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 06:05 PM   #319
stan999
stan999 began at the beginning.

Thank you

Mr. DaltonST,

The only reason I use Calibre is for your tool. Your plugin has influenced more users than you'd think! Muchas Muchas Gracias!!!
stan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 12:59 PM   #320
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.0.57 Enhancements

Version 1.0.57 - 2023-04-05 Enhancement to add a new menu item to use a book's Author & Title to download its OCLC-WI Identifier, which in turn can be used in lieu of a missing ISBN/ISSN to download the same metadata (DDC, LCC, FAST Tags, etc.) that ISBN/ISSN would make available if they were not missing. Enhancements to download more metadata. Changes to ToolTips. Changes to Customization.

Please read the menu ToolTips by hovering your mouse over it. The same for the Customization options.

As of this version, the only key metadata that the "new" LC is missing compared to the "original" LC that used 2 different now-unavailable APIs is the downloading of LCEAD into the #lcead custom column. LCEAD = "Library Codes Extra Author Details". Getting LCEAD has so far been a challenge without access to the Worldcat API, so I have saved it for last. Stay tuned.

Added: Version 1.0.58 - 2023-04-05 Enhancements to increase speed of execution of LC, plus other technical improvements.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-05-2023 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Added additional new version comments.
Advert
Old 04-05-2023, 10:52 PM   #321
werewitt
werewitt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by werewitt View Post
On a serious side - I found a mildly relevant feedback form for questions, asked about keys for individuals, will copy here if they reply.
their response: (I wrote to support as well, they havent replied yet). Is this key saga still relevant or everything is currently ok?

Thank you for your interest in the OCLC Classify service. Beginning March 6, 2023 the API now requires a WSKey. To obtain a WSKey, please contact OCLC Customer Support at OCLCCustomerSupport@oclc.org for assistance.

Sincerely,

OCLC Research
werewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 11:59 PM   #322
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewitt View Post
their response: (I wrote to support as well, they havent replied yet). Is this key saga still relevant or everything is currently ok?

Thank you for your interest in the OCLC Classify service. Beginning March 6, 2023 the API now requires a WSKey. To obtain a WSKey, please contact OCLC Customer Support at OCLCCustomerSupport@oclc.org for assistance.

Sincerely,

OCLC Research

I don't need, want, or can even use a key, so the whole topic is moot as far as I am personally concerned.

DaltonST
Old 04-06-2023, 03:21 PM   #323
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.59 LCCN Permalinks to Replace LCEAD in LC

Version 1.0.59 - 2023-04-06

The LCCN Identifier values are automatically converted to remove each value's prefix of "lccn-' so that they may be used as-is with the URL to the Library of Congress Permalinks to the book's author. Example: Identifier Type "lccn" value "lccn-n80126289" will be converted automatically to "n80126289".

The format for one possible Permalink is: https://lccn.loc.gov/n80126289 where the n80126289 is the LCCN value from Library Codes.

Another Permalink is: https://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80126289.html

You may set either of these links in Calibre > Preferences > Look & Feel > Book Details.

LCEAD, Library Codes Extra Author Details, is permanently deprecated in LC and will not be available in the future.

A superior, dynamic replacement for LCEAD that does not have to be downloaded from Worldcat.org is the second Permalink shown above: https://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80126289.html where n80126289 is the LCCN.

See the attached example for Isaac Asimov. Note the LCCN of n80126289 in the URI.

Another change: If a book has both an ISBN and a OCLC-WI that you downloaded using the Author/Title menu option, LC will now use the OCLC-WI instead of the ISBN in the "routine" menu option, ISBN/ISSN/OCLC-WI. That is because you don't need to download the OCLC-WI unless the ISBN is not working for you.

Remember to click the LC icon's down-arrow in the Calibre ToolBar in order to see all of the options of LC. Just clicking the LC icon to get the "default" is great if ISBN works; otherwise, you have to get the OCLC-WI via Author/Title.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	n80126289_lccn_link_to_author_isaac_asimov.png
Views:	83
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	200830  
Old 04-06-2023, 03:29 PM   #324
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't need, want, or can even use a key, so the whole topic is moot as far as I am personally concerned.

DaltonST
I'm confused— I'm not clear on exactly what they're offering, but if they're willing to provide the Library Codes plugin with an application API key to use for its whole userbase, would that not allow authenticated access to the previously-available APIs, instead of hoping that the workaround continues working?
Old 04-06-2023, 04:18 PM   #325
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.60 LCEAD preferences and widgits removed

Version 1.0.60 - 2023-04-06 LCEAD preferences and widgits removed from within Customization.

Please also read the post about Version 1.0.59, just prior to this one. It is important.

DaltonST
Old 04-06-2023, 04:22 PM   #326
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by isarl View Post
I'm confused— I'm not clear on exactly what they're offering, but if they're willing to provide the Library Codes plugin with an application API key to use for its whole userbase, would that not allow authenticated access to the previously-available APIs, instead of hoping that the workaround continues working?

Feel free to write your own plugin that does what you say, and to maintain it forever. I am not interested.

I am back into bug-fix mode with LC as of Version 1.0.59.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=23
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=24

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-06-2023 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-11-2023, 11:56 PM   #327
SidJnsn
SidJnsn began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 8
ISBN-13 Conversion in Latest Version

I'm getting the following error when trying to convert an ISBN-10 to -13:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.ui", line 1290, in scrub_isbns
AttributeError: 'ActionLibraryCodes' object has no attribute 'detect_isbn_changes_to_refresh'

Thanks,
SidJnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 12:33 AM   #328
werewitt
werewitt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Sure, the response I received was along the lines "no way a private individual will get a key"

Quote:
Thank you for getting back to me. I apologize for any confusion.

You are correct, our API Team does not issue APIs to students or individuals. If you fit the other criteria, you will need to contact our Business Development Team.

Please see the additional information below:

https://help.oclc.org/Librarian_Tool...t_an_API_WSKey
And that's (no keys unless you're a library or similar) what the link confirms.
werewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 12:01 PM   #329
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.61 Add back self.detect_isbn_changes_to_refresh

Version 1.0.61 - 2023-04-12 Add back self.detect_isbn_changes_to_refresh.

DaltonST
Old 04-13-2023, 01:25 PM   #330
isarl
Addict

Quote:
Feel free to write your own plugin that does what you say, and to maintain it forever. I am not interested.
If my comment came across as entitled, or as anything other than an attempt to provide helpful information to lessen your own work in creating a plugin whose utility I have already effusively praised in my comments in this thread, then I apologize. I have no interest in demanding anything of you; as I've said before, I greatly appreciate all the work you've already put into this plugin, whatever becomes of its future.

On that note, I hope the following bug reports are helpful. I have noticed that, while FAST tags with a comma in them (e.g. “Short stories, American”) used to have the comma replaced with a semicolon, this is not happening anymore, and as a result, instead of one tag like “Short stories; American”, the tag is split on the comma. I can't recall if this was something I had configured for myself or if it was something Library Codes was doing for me, because I don't see any relevant configuration options in the configuration dialogue accessed from the context menu -> “Configuration & ToolTip-Instructions” and if I try to configure the plugin from Preferences -> Plugins -> Library Codes -> Customize plugin, then I get the second issue I've noticed, which is the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 6.15.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:setTextFormat(self, a0: Qt.TextFormat): argument 1 has unexpected type 'int'

calibre 6.15.1  embedded-python: False
Linux-6.1.23-1-lts-x86_64-with-glibc2.37 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '6.1.23-1-lts', '#1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu, 06 Apr 2023 10:56:12 +0000')
Python 3.10.10
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: [...snip...] && Library Codes (1, 0, 61) && [...snip...]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 301, in customize_plugin
    self.modify_plugin(op='customize')
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 378, in modify_plugin
    if plugin.do_user_config(self.gui):
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 156, in do_user_config
    config_widget = self.config_widget()
  File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.__init__", line 30, in config_widget
    return ConfigWidget()
  File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.config", line 62, in __init__
    self.label1.setTextFormat(1)
TypeError: setTextFormat(self, a0: Qt.TextFormat): argument 1 has unexpected type 'int'
I hope this bug report is helpful; if you need any more information then I'm happy to provide what I can.

Tags
ddc, dewey decimal, lcc, library of congress, oclc