Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-28-2017, 02:36 AM   #301
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
Can I also use dictionary apps like PONS as system standard dict?

Last edited by AnimalOfArt; 06-28-2017 at 02:47 AM.
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:49 AM   #302
Mage3
Enthusiast
Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML Carta series
The two default reading apps support the following dictionary apps:
- Onyx Neo Reader 2: (Onyx) Dict
- OReader: Aard/Aard2 Dictionary, ColorDict 3, Dictan, Fora Dictionary, FreeDictionary, GoldenDict, HedgeDict, Lingvo, Onyx Dictionary, (Onyx) Dict, Quick Dictionary, Slovoed + you should be able to send text to any third-party app with the Share feature

If a dictionary base is available in a Stardict or Mdict MDX or Babylon BGL file you can just add it to the default Dict app.
Mage3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2017, 05:08 AM   #303
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you!

Isn't it so that using the OReader will leave you having a home bar on top of the screen?

My PONS app uses prc files. Can I convert them somehow to stardict?
Old 06-28-2017, 05:13 AM   #304
Mage3
Enthusiast
Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

1. OReader - settings - general - start in full screen
2. Can be not a trivial task https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87771
Old 06-28-2017, 05:18 AM   #305
AnimalOfArt
Groupie

Thank you, that helped me very much!
Advert
Old 06-30-2017, 02:02 AM   #306
AnimalOfArt
Groupie

According to this dutch shop, the battery of the Kepler has just 300 charging cycles:

http://www.e-readerweb.nl/index.php?...=59994&lang=nl

Can anybody confirm this?
Old 06-30-2017, 05:43 AM   #307
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
This seems to be a common cycle count value for Li-Ion batteries. What that means in practice for you may vary. Have a look here: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:07 AM   #308
AnimalOfArt
Groupie

Thank you for clearing that!

Another topic:

I wrote Onyx an email to sales@onyx-international.com a week ago about the availability of the Kepler on the german amazon store but did not get an answer yet. Is it normal to wait that long for Onyx answering?
Old 07-01-2017, 05:27 AM   #309
Mage3
Enthusiast

I'd say it's normal to expect Onyx support not to answer at all =) But if they do, it usually takes up to 3 days. They actually never confirm they get your email. The Great Chinese Firewall to blame maybe? So I guess it's best to send the message once again after 3-4 days.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:29 PM   #310
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
I once complained I couldn't buy Kepler Pro locally and got a reply within a few days offering to buy direct.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:19 PM   #311
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
I once complained I couldn't buy Kepler Pro locally and got a reply within a few days offering to buy direct.
Yes, they seem quite good with that. I received a similar offer from them -- unfortunately an hour or two after I'd already signed up to buy one through a Taobao agent (with the extra expense and time-cost of an extra middleman).

If you do end up going this route, I believe some people on this thread expressed an interest (when I originally mentioned the offer) in finding out how it went.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:30 PM   #312
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
Yes, they seem quite good with that. I received a similar offer from them -- unfortunately an hour or two after I'd already signed up to buy one through a Taobao agent (with the extra expense and time-cost of an extra middleman).

If you do end up going this route, I believe some people on this thread expressed an interest (when I originally mentioned the offer) in finding out how it went.
I didn't follow up on that, they've had to ship it with the courier out of HK and that specific courier company is known to charge exuberant amounts of "brokerage fees" (on top of puny customs & taxes) making shipping-related expenses over 50% cost of the device.

I don't remember exact numbers -- I don't mind paying $250 for a $250 device, but I do mind paying $250 for a $150 device.

I might end up ordering one next time I'm in US or, if they ever get a BT model, buying one in retail store in Moscow.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:51 AM   #313
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
Quote:
if they ever get a BT model, buying one in retail store in Moscow.
They just released "Monte Cristo 2", which is a Kepler variation that has Bluetooth.
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:03 PM   #314
stangri
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by afainber View Post
They just released "Monte Cristo 2", which is a Kepler variation that has Bluetooth.
As there's no Thanks button -- thanks!

I won't be going there until the fall tho, but hopefully by then they'll work out any kinks in the software if there are any at release time.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:53 PM   #315
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
As there's no Thanks button -- thanks!
The karma button is for giving thanks.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote