Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #286
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
After you filled in the series metadata, you can just run the Generate Cover plugin separately on that story. And if you update it for the new chapter, it should preserve the series just fine and use that data as well when generating a cover.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #287
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberDragon View Post
The Reading List integration is great for me ...
Excellent! That's exactly how it should work.
Quote:
On another note, though, would it be possible for an option to check for local series metadata when generating a title page? I know some archives don't have a series tag to grab, but if I manually tag several stories into a series, it would be great if the title pages would reflect that.
That's a good idea. Series only, or are there other fields that it would make sense to take from the calibre metadata?

Or even have a feature to override what the site says for some fields with the existing calibre metadata?
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #288
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
cover images

Hi Jimm,

is there a way to put the covers generated by the "Generate Cover" plugin into the epub file when downloading a new story or updating an existing one? If there isn't I'd like to ask for this feature. I use Moon+ reader on my Android tablet and when I import stories the program tries to use the cover in the epub file. If there isn't one, Moon+ generates a truly atrocius cover. I'd prefer the covers I generate with the GC plugin.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #289
AmberDragon
AmberDragon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatheia View Post
After you filled in the series metadata, you can just run the Generate Cover plugin separately on that story. And if you update it for the new chapter, it should preserve the series just fine and use that data as well when generating a cover.
I tried the Generate Cover plugin, but I'm not a big fan. The formatting controls are really lacking, and the interface just kind of bugs me. Plus, the title and author in the FFDL title page are created as links to the original story and author page, which is useful if I've got some time and want to drop a comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That's a good idea. Series only, or are there other fields that it would make sense to take from the calibre metadata?

Or even have a feature to override what the site says for some fields with the existing calibre metadata?
Well, I only really need the series data, but maybe someone out there is doing something funky with personal columns/tags? As to the override feature, I could see that being useful in some circumstances - manually corrected tags or descriptions, maybe? - but I don't know how many people are that obsessive.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #290
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
I tried the Generate Cover plugin, but I'm not a big fan. The formatting controls are really lacking, and the interface just kind of bugs me. Plus, the title and author in the FFDL title page are created as links to the original story and author page, which is useful if I've got some time and want to drop a comment.
But all FanfictionDownloader does when generating a cover is call Generate Cover plugin into action
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #291
AmberDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatheia View Post
But all FanfictionDownloader does when generating a cover is call Generate Cover plugin into action
We might be talking about two different things - I'm talking about the title page that's generated with the epub. I still get that even though I've uninstalled the Generate Cover plugin.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #292
iatheia
Zealot

Oh, my mistake, sorry =)
Old 05-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #293
AmberDragon

No problem.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #294
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
Is there a way to put the covers generated by the "Generate Cover" plugin into the epub file when downloading a new story or updating an existing one? If there isn't I'd like to ask for this feature. I use Moon+ reader on my Android tablet and when I import stories the program tries to use the cover in the epub file. If there isn't one, Moon+ generates a truly atrocius cover. I'd prefer the covers I generate with the GC plugin.
I'll look into it. That's a bit more complicated--GC is run after the epub is created currently.

In the meantime, if you use the default_cover_image feature, the epub will have a cover, if not the right one. Then, if you're using calibre to send the epub to your device, calibre will replace it with the current cover.

Also, the latest beta of the 'Modify ePub' plugin can insert as well as update covers. I expect that the official release will be out in a few days.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #295
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

v1.5.24 posted with new site and new feature:

New site by iatheia(Ida): thehexfiles.net

(We now have an even 40 supported sites.)

New option to inject calibre series if no series on site as requested by AmberDragon. Look for 'Inject calibre Series when none found' on the 'Basic' settings tab.

As usual, there may be a delay before calibre notices the new version. You can get the latest by going in and telling calibre to install it again.

Jim
Old 05-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #296
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
In the meantime, if you use the default_cover_image feature, the epub will have a cover, if not the right one.
Thanks, but where do I find this feature in "Configure Plugin"? I tried to find it, but had no luck.

Firedancer
Old 05-26-2012, 03:08 AM   #297
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
In regards to the reading list part of the plugin, I think adding a list monitor of sorts would be nice- a setting to monitor a stories on device list. And have so only updated fanfics already in that list get put onto a send to device list.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #298
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
Thanks, but where do I find this feature in "Configure Plugin"?
FFDL -> Configure Plugin -> Basic tab (the leftmost) -> 'Inject calibre Series when none found' (the bottommost)

It's vaguely possible that you need to resize the dialog box bigger to see it.

If you're not seeing it, you don't have the latest version or you haven't restarted since updating it.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #299
AmberDragon

Thanks for putting that in so quick! It's working like a champ!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #300
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackr View Post
In regards to the reading list part of the plugin, I think adding a list monitor of sorts would be nice- a setting to monitor a stories on device list. And have so only updated fanfics already in that list get put onto a send to device list.
So like a whitelist for each device? Rather than all new/updated stories going on to the "Send to Devices" lists, only those that are already on a different "Stories to Send to Device" list?

I can probably do that, as long as there's only one "Stories to Send to Device" list. If there's one for each "Send to Devices" list I'm not sure how I'd associate them. Name conventions, maybe?
Closed Thread