Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 04-23-2020, 10:58 AM   #286
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The fix will be in the next calibre release which is tomorrow, barring unforseen contingencies.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:34 AM   #287
DamnedOwl
DamnedOwl began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The fix will be in the next calibre release which is tomorrow, barring unforseen contingencies.
I can confirm this problem is indeed fixed now with Arch's Calibre package. Thanks again!
DamnedOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2020, 02:30 AM   #288
bluedaredevil
bluedaredevil began at the beginning.

I don't really know how to fix this so if anyone knows how it would be greatly appreciated.

I have dark mode on windows 10 e.g. white text on dark background. The viewer obeys this. In the viewer I change the theme to white because I am studying for MCAT and dark mode reading is just too difficult and figures are hard to read. So I change the theme to white, and the pages obey this but the ToC remains in dark mode e.g. white text on dark background.

Is there a way for the ToC to also obey the white theme? Is there a CSS line for such an occasion?

Basically, I want it to look the viewer to look as if windows was in light mode for the viewer (dark text on white background for pages and ToC) but being in dark mode in windows settings because overall dark mode in windows is still easier on the eyes than light mode.

Does that make sense? I attached a picture of what I am seeing (dark mode ToC).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	594
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	179264  
bluedaredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 02:55 AM   #289
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Set CALIBRE_USE_DARK_PALETTE https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ment-variables
Old 05-16-2020, 03:13 AM   #290
bluedaredevil

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I think I did it wrong. I made a new path to the installation folder, and a new variable with the value "CALIBRE_USE_DARK_PALETTE=0" but nothing changed?
Advert
Old 05-16-2020, 03:18 AM   #291
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You need to set the environemnt variable system widethere is a note about how to set environmnet variables at the bottom of th emanual link I posted.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:26 AM   #292
bluedaredevil

Quote:
You need to set the environemnt variable system widethere is a note about how to set environmnet variables at the bottom of th emanual link I posted.
That's what I thought I did. I obviously did something wrong but I'm not really sure what I did wrong.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	671
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	179271  
Old 05-16-2020, 03:30 AM   #293
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The part on the left has to be CALIBRE_USE_DARK_PALETTE and the part on the right 0
Old 05-16-2020, 03:38 AM   #294
bluedaredevil

Quote:
The part on the left has to be CALIBRE_USE_DARK_PALETTE and the part on the right 0
Sorry I'm still confused. I opened the path variable under system variables and I get a bunch of paths as expected. I put the directory to the calibre installation in there (left).

Then there is also another variable called "Calibre" (right), and the value is the "CALIBRE_USE_DARK_PALETTE=0" line. I added that one myself

Perhaps you could reclarify what you mean because I'm not sure how I can switch it.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	409
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	179272  
Old 05-16-2020, 03:41 AM   #295
bluedaredevil

Quote:
NEVERMIND I got it. Thanks for your patience!
Old 05-16-2020, 03:47 AM   #296
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaredevil View Post
Sorry I'm still confused. I opened the path variable under system variables and I get a bunch of paths as expected. I put the directory to the calibre installation in there (left).

Then there is also another variable called "Calibre" (right), and the value is the "CALIBRE_USE_DARK_PALETTE=0" line. I added that one myself

Perhaps you could reclarify what you mean because I'm not sure how I can switch it.
The name of the variable should be "CALIBRE_USE_DARK_PALETTE" (not "calibre") and the value should be zero.

Delete what you have added, and add a new variable using those as the name and value.

Edit: Remember to refresh before posting
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:40 PM   #297
Noer
Noer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi all,

As someone who just got into Calibre, I have a small question. I have an e-book that has some full size portrait and landscape images that I would like to view at their original, full widths for clarity, but otherwise keep the body of the text to a limited width. Additionally, I would like the images to be centered horizontally and vertically, but the landscape images seem to be floating at the top rather than being centered vertically. How would I manage to get the styling to keep the text area limited while being expanded on the images and making them centered? I view my books in full-screen mode, and the e-book hasn't been converted from/to anything, as I received it from the publisher.

Thank you for your time!

Noer
Noer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:20 AM   #298
duns
Connoisseur
duns began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook
div#book-top-margin

Another css question: I tried unsuccessfully (in personal stylesheet) to add a left and right padding for div#book-top-margin as following:
div#book-top-margin {padding-left: 5px !important; padding-right: 3px !important;}
How should I do?

Last edited by duns; 06-19-2020 at 05:29 AM.
duns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:29 AM   #299
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You cannot style margins via custom css, that applies only to book content.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:45 AM   #300
duns
Connoisseur
duns began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook
why not?

Quote:
You cannot style margins via custom css, that applies only to book content.
Thank you. I believe that some padding (left and right) would be better for "readability". Any way why not let the user choose?
duns is offline   Reply With Quote