Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #16
uclaser
Connoisseur
uclaser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I see... Well warranties are only applicable for U.S customers only if I am not mistaken.
I'll just hope for the best then, hopefully they are kind enough to send me a replacement unit. My fault for carrying it around without a proper cover.
uclaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #17
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Well warranties are only applicable for U.S customers only if I am not mistaken
Warrenties are for everyone. I would send it back asap, explain you have no idea what happened, and hope for the best
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 10:34 AM   #18
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
It's early in the release of K3 and Amazon tends to be more lenient on returns. There have been broken K2 screens that were replaced soon after its release (and sometimes much later).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #19
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Doesn't hurt to ask. My son at college knocked his K2 off the corner of his desk and messed up his screen. Amazon replaced the Kindle for him no cost without making him use the Warranty. The CS rep said that it is Amazon policy that a Kindle should be able to survive everyday bumping around.

So, fingers crossed for you.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #20
uclaser
Connoisseur

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll just wait for the CS's reply and see how it goes from there. I was under the impression that http://www.amazon.com/Extended-Warra...4388675&sr=1-3 is the only warranty available for the Kindle. I didn't know that there were others available Ah so much trouble and its only my first e-reader....
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #21
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by uclaser View Post
Thanks for all the help guys. I'll just wait for the CS's reply and see how it goes from there. I was under the impression that http://www.amazon.com/Extended-Warra...4388675&sr=1-3 is the only warranty available for the Kindle. I didn't know that there were others available Ah so much trouble and its only my first e-reader....
That is the only warranty extension but you get the basic warranty with the Kindle as well just by buying it.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #22
uclaser
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
That is the only warranty extension but you get the basic warranty with the Kindle as well just by buying it.
Oh I see. Is this http://www.amazon.com/SquareTrade-El...5&sr=1-3-fkmr1 the warranty that Harry was talking about then?
I am kind of paranoid right now haha. I want to get any extra cover I can get just in case stuff like this happens again in the future and I will definitely not bring my K3 outside before my cover arrives.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #23
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

The basic warranty is what he is referring to when he said that user abuse isn't covered. The first warranty extension you linked to is only available to US residents and will cover accidental damage under normal usage as well along with the extra 1 year of warranty coverage. There is a different version of it in the UK.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #24
uclaser
Connoisseur

Good news guys!! Just spoke to a CS representative. They will refund all related shipping costs and send me a new Kindle in 1-2 weeks time max. Phewwww, I'm so relieved right now. Thumbs up to Amazon seriously! Superb customer service.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #25
Tiersten
Guru

Nice! Be more careful of your replacement okay :P
Old 09-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #26
uclaser
Connoisseur

Ahhh I will most certainly be extra extra careful. That was so scary haha. I can not imagine forking out another $160 AUD to get a new Kindle Definitely have to wait for my cover to come before I start taking my Kindle out of the house.
Once again thanks for all the help guys
Old 09-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #27
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congratulations. Told ya not to worry.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #28
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Wow, that is an interesting photo. I'd love to see a higher-res version -- I love knowing how things work and how things fail is fascinating, too.

There are two different warranties; I was alarmed to be told that my new Kindle wasn't eligible, but I then noticed that the linked page was for the $40 Wi-Fi only warranty. The $50 warranty for the 3G/Wi-Fi version is here:

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B003E47YFI

I'm seriously considering it. You never know, and peace of mind is nice.

Enjoy Melbourne I have a friend in the area... I hope to visit someday! (With my Kindle for the long flight, of course!)
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #29
Cheeseandpickles
Banned
Cheeseandpickles began at the beginning.

Device: Prs 600, iPad
For the threadstarter, when carrying your kindle around in your book bag, you might want to invest in something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/METAL-CASE-SON...3#ht_916wt_920

It's not elegant, but it works with most lightweight cases so you have double the protection. I have a bad habit of throwning my rucksack across the room after a long day at school so I got this for my Sony just for the piece of mind. I'm sure your kindle would fit in it too.
Cheeseandpickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #30
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseandpickles View Post

It's not elegant, but it works with most lightweight cases so you have double the protection. I have a bad habit of throwning my rucksack across the room after a long day at school so I got this for my Sony just for the piece of mind. I'm sure your kindle would fit in it too.
I have a 505 as well and the K3 is a bit taller.