Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 11:06 PM   #16
asdfghjkl
asdfghjkl began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
Why my SHDC memory Card (class 6) recognized by PRS600 but i can not see my ebooks on the ereader?
asdfghjkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #17
Lago
Connoisseur
Lago doesn't litterLago doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, REB1200, PRS-600
ive had my PNY 4 gig micro sdhd installed with an adaptor since day 2.. no problems at all. though i dont load audio files.
Lago is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #18
ghpicard
ghpicard began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kindle PW3, PW4, Samsung Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcstoness View Post
Note that you either need to get a cup of coffee or pick up a paper book if you try to download a 165MB .mp3 file to the reader's SD card; really got to get me one of those USB 2.0 card-readers.
Strangely, I can't see what's into the SD card, that I had to format with my 600 when I insert it into my laptop's SD-Reader. The same happened when I had formatted the SD with the laptop, loaded with books and inserted it into the 600's slot. Tried both FAT and FAT32 to no avail. I see it perfectly when connected through the USB cable.
Probably a proprietary file system, or it uses the memory as a RAW device.
ghpicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #19
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
PNY Optima 4GB SDHC, working in my device since I got it. There's really no (major) issues with SDHC on the 600, or 900. Just buy them at a local store, just in case, so you can return them if they don't work. ^_^
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #20
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Not proprietry or RAW... perfectly standard FAT32... all contents visible on either PC or Mac as well as books visible on eReader... if not visible in any of these locations then you have a problem, something else is stopping the files showing up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpicard View Post
Strangely, I can't see what's into the SD card, that I had to format with my 600 when I insert it into my laptop's SD-Reader. The same happened when I had formatted the SD with the laptop, loaded with books and inserted it into the 600's slot. Tried both FAT and FAT32 to no avail. I see it perfectly when connected through the USB cable.
Probably a proprietary file system, or it uses the memory as a RAW device.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #21
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I have a 16 GB card in my PRS-900. But the device slows to a crawl when trying to take notes... I have made a separate thread about it...

And I don't even have much content on the card... at most like a gig.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote