Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #16
JazZi
JazZi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2; Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
Nightwing... Did the brown cover have a stiffer front? The black one that comes with the Sony Reader is nice, but I'm afraid someone will squeeze to hard and break the screen, and I don't feel comfortable putting it in a bag, portfolio or backpack for the same reason.
My feelings, exactly! I'd love to take the Reader with me on [rare] occasions I find a little down time. I don't trust it loose in the car, and uncomfortable putting it in the briefcase where it might bang against something and crack the screen. Everybody in the world offers a case for my Treo. Surely someone is going to design a great case for the Sony Reader.
JazZi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #17
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Would be nice to have like a flip over the top cover variant on the stock/extra covers...

Have an idea of a insert. Need to see if I can get the parts locally to make it. Catch is it must be very lite.
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #18
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Bob
Other considerations:
- the mount on mine is about 2 degrees off so the reader is slightly out of alignment. A nit to be sure but irritating to an "A" type

I must be a type "A" cause it really got on my nerves. I felt that at 40 bucks it should have been aligned correctly. I really like the cover, but after five days, I sent it back. Before I read your post, I thought that I had just got a flawed cover, and asked them to send me another that wasn't off by those few degrees. I'll see. I don't knkow if they will send another or simply refund my money.
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 05:06 PM   #19
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Took mine back last night.... Need to check but I think the replacement one is off also....

Bad batch?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #20
bostonte
Enthusiast
bostonte began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Strange. I would have expected a different answer from the Vaja people -- I suppse the problem being where are they going to get the bracket that the reader snaps in to.

I've dealt with them on many many occasions, love their cases, and have had custom cases made for devices that they don't "stock" before.
bostonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2006, 11:45 PM   #21
JazZi
JazZi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2; Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr
I must be a type "A" cause it really got on my nerves. I felt that at 40 bucks it should have been aligned correctly. I really like the cover, but after five days, I sent it back. Before I read your post, I thought that I had just got a flawed cover, and asked them to send me another that wasn't off by those few degrees. I'll see. I don't knkow if they will send another or simply refund my money.

Whew!! Glad to hear it wasn't just me. Was afraid I was the only one who thought the case was poorly aligned.
JazZi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:58 AM   #22
Nightwing
Addict

Confirmed that the replacement cover { brown } has the same fatal flaw as the first one..

Will be take that one back also...

One other item....

It very hard to snap it on.. The case it came with is easy to snap on and off. But feels like your going to drive it through the unit....
Old 11-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #23
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Yes, I found it very hard to snap on also. And it kept coming off. I received an email from Sony last night and they simply refunded my money back to my Credit Card. So I guess either I will buy a cover in person from a store or find some other substitute. I really want something more colorful than the cover that came with the reader. BTW that original cover is already starting to show wear and tear on the leatherette trim.
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #24
Nightwing
Addict

I should have slid open the 2nd one at the store.. If you do open it at the store.. Cut the fold at the bottom of the pack. Super easy to get out. But for now may hold for a while on #3. I think they may have a MFG goof and not a isolated problem...

I hope they did not put the bat division on handling the extra cases designed and production.

I would be happy for a spare stock case or two...

Last edited by Nightwing; 11-07-2006 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #25
Nightwing
Addict

Well. Went back to Borders. They went through their stock of brown ones while I was there.. All off by different degrees and a major pain to clip on.

Leaning to a poll like this...

Brown Cover Fits
Brown Cover Does not fit
Red Cover Fits
Red Cover Does not fit
Green Cover Fits
Green Cover Does not fit

Getting feeling none fit.

PS: How is the Poll setup here? Or is it moderator done.

PSS: Thinking of a file... But the clip feel like its wrong size or something...

Last edited by Nightwing; 11-07-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:50 PM   #26
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You have to start a new thread to do a poll -- it's one of the options way down at the bottom of the page, right above the last "Submit New Thread" button.

You don't add the questions until after you've hit the "Submit New Thread" button, it takes you to a second screen for entering the actual poll text & answers.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:53 PM   #27
Nightwing
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
You have to start a new thread to do a poll -- it's one of the options way down at the bottom of the page, right above the last "Submit New Thread" button.

You don't add the questions until after you've hit the "Submit New Thread" button, it takes you to a second screen for entering the actual poll text & answers.

Some board are different.. Tnks....
Old 11-07-2006, 10:05 PM   #28
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Thumbs up

Yup, but MR's software is the best!

And you're welcome.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:56 AM   #29
Nightwing
Addict

Its posted.. So be interesting to see how the poll goes...

Will check at Frys and maybe Compusa as soon as I can...