Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Is your Kindle 2 or DX version 2.5?
Yes 21 26.58%
No 58 73.42%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2010, 08:24 AM   #16
laurie_lu
Connoisseur
laurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litter

Device: none
Do the updates go to those who have owned their Kindles longer?
laurie_lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #17
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie_lu View Post
Do the updates go to those who have owned their Kindles longer?
No, I ordered both my K2 and my DX the first day they were available.

Still waiting... Where's a foot tapping smilie when you need one?
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #18
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
I reduced 26 home pages to two - and the second page I probably didnt really need but I like it like that.
OHHHH, I WANT THAT!!!!

Still nothing

PS I looked for a temper tantrum smilie, but no luck. JUST LIKE WITH THE 2.5 UPDATE!!!!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #19
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Nog Dog is correct, the collections is another way to sort the kindle. You can still coose to see all your books by title or author or recent first. But if you like collections, then that is the way you would leave it.
I have
"Kindle library" (all my books are in this collection and I read the book from this folder so it always stays on top
My Books - (this is the calibre catalog, but at the moment the catalog wont go into any collection so it is empty)
Modern quality fiction
Historical and ancient fiction
Light fiction
Holiday Reads
Non Fiction
Series
Classics
Mystery and Thriller
Quality General Fiction
Read
"Only when desperate"
Smut
And then an author list (eg JD Robb etc)
(And because it wont go into any collection, the poor calibre catalog is last, unsorted on the last page)
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #20
BooksForABuck
Zealot
BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Color Nook, Kindle 2, Palm III, eBookWise, HP Jornada
New kindle user. How do we find out what version we're on?
BooksForABuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 05:07 AM   #21
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Haven't checked..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:08 AM   #22
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooksForABuck View Post
New kindle user. How do we find out what version we're on?
Press 'Menu/Settings' and it'll tell you...
Old 05-24-2010, 05:10 AM   #23
lene1949
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
OHHHH, I WANT THAT!!!!

Still nothing

PS I looked for a temper tantrum smilie, but no luck. JUST LIKE WITH THE 2.5 UPDATE!!!!
If it's going to happen before the end of May, it should happen soon... I'm going to check mine now...
Old 05-24-2010, 05:13 AM   #24
lene1949
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
If it's going to happen before the end of May, it should happen soon... I'm going to check mine now...
Nah... same ole thing
Old 05-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #25
CeNoBiTa
CeNoBiTa began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
I live in Spain and have bougth the Kindle2 a few weeks ago. Will i receive the update via wireless? Or will i have to download some updater to my PC and update the device?

Right now the device version is 2.3 (399380047).

Thanks.
CeNoBiTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #26
Aeromot
Aeromot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
You can download it "manually" here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...kwab-20#manual
Aeromot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #27
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
I got it... but I had to manually download and install. Tired of waiting for Amazon.

LOVE IT!!
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:32 AM   #28
alexxx
Connoisseur
alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
just arrived (here in Italy) and it is 2.3
As CeNoBiTa, I'd be interested to know what to do... I'm a bit fearful of the manual update.
To receive it by wifi have I to leave wifi on and put it in pause for a bit of time?

alessandro
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:26 AM   #29
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
after having checked, I see 2 possible way to do it, but I dont know which one is right:
in home->settings->menu, I could
1) use "update your kindle" (but it's grayed out), or
2) use "sync & check for items"

which one - if any - I have to use?

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #30
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Alexxxm-

1) To use this function you need to go to amazon and download the .bin file to your computer, connect your Kindle to your computer and move the .bin file into your Kindle root directory. Then the "update your kindle" option will be active.

2) The "sync & check for items" is for content only. That allows you to go out over whispernet and see if there are any media downloads available for your Kindle. Does not do updates.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote