Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #16
Kemp
Zealot
Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think the general idea is that you need some kind of reputation in order to *sell* a self-published ebook. For me, spending money to advertise a free ebook, while it may give me a boost in downloads, would represent a significant money loss.

For someone who is completely unknown, selling a $5 book is difficult (selling a 1 dollar book is difficult). Even if you advertise and plenty of people see it, there's no guarantee they'll check it out or buy it at all.
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote