Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 02:53 AM   #16
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewrenn View Post
Sony discounts are hard to find. Go to bing.com. Search for "Sony Daily Edition". "Circuitcity.com" is in the list of etailers offering Cashback (currently 10% - was 15% on Presidents' Day). CompUSA or Tigerdirect (same ownership) offer similar deals. All ship free - no sales tax charged in any state I believe. Open a Bing account, and link through it to whichever store you wish to patronize. Mind all your "P's and Q's" and $40 should soon be deposited to your Bing Cashback account. The money will be available for withdrawal in 60 days. While you're at it, open a new Circuitcity (or other proprietary credit card) and receive an additional $20 discount for your trouble or pay with a "cashback" credit card for some extra perks.

Laughable, "desertgrandma." I'm not "circuitcity" in diguise. I have no vested interest in anyone's business. I just believe that consumers should shop smart. Hope these tips help someone save.
Really.

Consumers should shop smart, you are correct. Comparison shopping is essential.

Opening new credit card accounts to save a bit of money, is NOT shopping smart.

Thats being a 'chump'.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:02 AM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Really.

Thats being a 'chump'.

I agree. It affects you credit score etc.

And is not really a discount or bargain as far as I'm concerned.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #18
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
Are you sure about no fee at Sony? As of last year they had 15% restocking fee and only 14 days return policy. A week ago I bought one from Best Buy, they have 30 days and no fee.
I purchased mine from SonyStyle.com (perhaps brick and mortar is different). It's 30 days no restocking fee. Someone here just bought a netbook from Best Buy (brick and mortar). He said he had 14 days to check it out. Perhaps the ebook readers are classified differently for returns.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #19
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Really.

Thats being a 'chump'.
That was my sentiment as well when I first read the post.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #20
SCION
Séduisant

Based on info from another thread, it appears the original poster bought a used Kindle DX instead of the 900.
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #21
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Ah!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74575
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:25 PM   #22
olguy
Enthusiast
olguy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Reader
I bought my 900 from Sony online. I have had a Discover card for years so I went through the Discover portal and got 5% cash back on my Discover card. The 900 was in short supply then and BB did not have any or I would have gone through the Discover card portal and ordered from Best Buy with in store pick up. That way I could get 5% cash back on my Discover and an hour later been back in my home with my new 900 on the charger
olguy is offline   Reply With Quote