Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #16
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Solution

If you can read the card in your jetbook and read and write to the card on the jetbook it is not your card.

Some of the card readers do not conform to the standard for readers and need drivers on any operating system.

Go to the companies website support section and see if there are drivers for your reader, if there are download them.

First plug in the reader to your system, go to your control panel and remove the hardware driver for the reader even if it says error.

Unplug the reader.

Install the new drivers you downloaded and then plug the reader back in.

The new drivers should detect it and complete the install

If the unit now works you just had bad drivers or windows was screwed up.

If it still does not function then the reader is more than likely bad.

I have had Sandisk, Protel, and Radio Shack readers that all took special drivers before.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #17
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
thanks, I will try all that. I appreciate your help!!!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #18
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You should not need any drivers for XP SP2 or later.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #19
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well apparently its a generic card reader. Can't find any drivers. The card works, as far as I can tell, when I put it in the jetbook, I get a message about updating file list or something. Guess I need a brand name reader. I'm sure the other card reader I ordered is generic too (it was .44 on ebay). I'll see what they've got on Amazon etc.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #20
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Remove the reader from the USB port on your computer then restart the computer.
Wait until the computer is finished loading everything.
Then connect the reader to the computer's USB port, and then note what messages
your computer displays.

You should first see a message that the system recognizes a USB device, then a
message window for a "Removable Disk" with options. (the options you see will
depend on what files are on the SD card.)

If you plug-in the reader without a SD card, you will only get the audio alert or
perhaps just the first message above.

Are you seeing anything like this?

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-12-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #21
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks Ken, tried that on 2 computers, and did some more playing around in my computer system, etc....its just not working. I ordered a brand name card reader from amazon, hopefully I'll have better luck with that one!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

It must be a defective reader. Got the other one I had ordered today, and it works fine. I put my 200+ ebooks on it, put it in my JBL, everything seems to be fine. AND, when I opened the 2 books I had been reading, before I transferred them to the card, they opened up right to the page I had been on, even though they are now on the card! How cool is that!!! I am in love with my JBL!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #23
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Glad to see this was one of the easier one to fix
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote