Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 02:43 AM   #16
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
If you upload a image to the device and select it as the boot image, the file will be copied to the system part of the memory. That means you can delete the image and it will still be used as a boot image.
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #17
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

If you don't like the standard eink fade to black page change, SciFiFan's fbreader version allows you to set on or off the screen invert.

When I started to use the new, no invert, I did not see it change. Looks much faster.
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #18
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega

Due to some experiments, I now have a bad extensions.cfg.

I can turn the reader on and off. Reset it. But it still ends in a loop on booting.
It will not connect to the PC.

Doing an firmware update is possible but if it does not fix the issues, on first boot I'll have the same problem.

Does anyone know how I can delete the bad file? Format the user accessible memory?

Help!

Last edited by norciom; 02-02-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #19
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega

Found a key combination that will format the Flash memory.
Everything is fine. The scare is over.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #20
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega

10 boot images, Mondrian style.

Made with the script from artgallery.lu
Attached Files
File Type: zip MondrianBoot.zip (54.9 KB, 327 views)
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #21
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post

Hey that's actually a site hosted in my home country!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #22
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post

Thanks for this. I downloaded it a few weeks ago when I decided that I was going to go with a PB360 as my first ereader. Looks great. I got to say this is the cats meow.

Cheers.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #23
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega

Encouraged by the appreciation I'll share more of my creations.

The Books boot has images of well... books.

The Miscellaneous boot, of things that caught my eye.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp OldeBooks.bmp (234.4 KB, 1042 views)
File Type: bmp Bird.bmp (234.4 KB, 1070 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip BooksBoot.zip (211.5 KB, 250 views)
File Type: zip MiscBoot.zip (275.2 KB, 251 views)